NIC written prep

Nict1121

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been posted before, I tried to go through and look...

Does anyone know any online study guides or places to help me continue preparing for the written test. I take it in about 2 weeks.

I have the RID practice and the NIC practice tests. I also have been using So You Want to Be An Interpeter?.

Any other suggestions? :ty:

Hope you pass as for suggestions really just go over the SYWTBI book and do the practice tests not enough preparation in two week period.

Test prep...

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been posted before, I tried to go through and look...

Does anyone know any online study guides or places to help me continue preparing for the written test. I take it in about 2 weeks.

I have the RID practice and the NIC practice tests. I also have been using So You Want to Be An Interpeter?.

Any other suggestions? :ty:

There are some interpreters discussing the NIC on TerpLink.com. Also, there is a collection of videos and practice materials available online.

Daryl

Thank you for the suggestions. I have been studying for months now, but since time is getting closer, I wanted to see if anyone knew about other materials.

Make good use of the NAD-RID National Interpreter Certification (NIC) Knowledge Examination Suggested Reference Materials list. That's what I used, and I passed with flying colors.

Will you be taking the computer test or the paper and pencil test?

Make good use of the NAD-RID National Interpreter Certification (NIC) Knowledge Examination Suggested Reference Materials list. That's what I used, and I passed with flying colors.
Will you be taking the computer test or the paper and pencil test?

:eek3:Reba

Thank you for the suggestions. I have been studying for months now, but since time is getting closer, I wanted to see if anyone knew about other materials.

I haven't seen or heard of any material. I got the study package for the NIC from RID online store. If anyone wants to add for more study material please do, thanks:)

Ha, ha, I was shocked too. I took the computer test, so when I did the last "click" on the computer, the screen showed my results immediately. I saw the "Congratulations" on the screen and did a silent (but energetic) "Yes!" fist. (I had to be careful not to disturb the other test takers--I was the first one finished.)

I got the print out of the results and just stared at them. I had hoped to pass but I was very pleasantly surprised to pass in a much higher range than expected.

Whew!

Ha, ha, I was shocked too. I took the computer test, so when I did the last "click" on the computer, the screen showed my results immediately. I saw the "Congratulations" on the screen and did a silent (but energetic) "Yes!" fist. (I had to be careful not to disturb the other test takers--I was the first one finished.)

I got the print out of the results and just stared at them. I had hoped to pass but I was very pleasantly surprised to pass in a much higher range than expected.

Whew!

Did you pray? :) I am happy to hear you PASSED first time. I am SOOOOO scared to take it again! :Ohno:

I am taking the computer test. I think I will be closing my eyes as soon as I hit submit!!!

I am taking the computer test. I think I will be closing my eyes as soon as I hit submit!!!

How did manage to post here during the test?:shock: They don't allow it, unless changed. How did you do on the test?

Ocean, I don't think they meant they were taking it right at the moment they were posting here :P

I read so you want to be an interpreter.. and only that.. and I miraculously passed!

Ocean, I don't think they meant they were taking it right at the moment they were posting here :P

I read so you want to be an interpreter.. and only that.. and I miraculously passed!

Yes, I would think not just how it was phrased. Anyway, yeah, that's a challenged test for sure. Is that the only book you read or others as well? I found the books to be repeative in certain areas, there's only so much to read on the five registers my eyes look like this:eek3:

nic written test

hi...i'm also preparing for the written test..hopefully to be taken in september....if you go to "study stack" in the google search site...you will find a few different study guides there...i am using them, but not sure if they are helpful....good luck!

I purchased the material from Shonna Magee.com and, so far, it seems pretty exhaustive. The workbook is 86 pages and has, approximately, 400-500 questions without answers.

I like not having answers because it makes me to a lot of research.. Has anyone used this book at all?

My test is on February 1st.

I purchased the material from Shonna Magee.com and, so far, it seems pretty exhaustive. The workbook is 86 pages and has, approximately, 400-500 questions without answers.

I like not having answers because it makes me to a lot of research.. Has anyone used this book at all?

My test is on February 1st.

And to follow myself up - I would say that, roughly, 15-20% of the material I learned from the Shonna Magee book was on the test - that's all.

I did, however, pass! So now - on to the interview portion!

Back