New hearing aids.

Leah

Reaction score
Hello all:
I got new hearing aids. I am wearing the winex kind. I'm a cashier at a supermarket. They should help with backgroud noises and help me hear better at work. Write Back Soon,
Leah

What kind of Widex aids do you have? (Widex Divas or Widex Senso?) Do they have directional microphones? I hope these new HA's work out well for you! :)

Hello,
I have Widex Senso. I hope they work out for me too. :) Take Care
Leah

I am glad that you bought it up. I am thinking of getting a Widex Bravo very soon. I hope that you like yours.

That's good that you're experimenting with different brands of aids! I always tell people to pursue that.....the difference can be amazing!
I STILL cannot believe the difference between my old Siemens and my new Phonaks! I mean I could hear pretty well with my old Siemens, but I can hear SO much with my Phonaks....like the wind whistiling in different ways, someone knitting and stuff like that....

I have a Widex Senso Diva in my left ear, and a Unitron Unison in my right. I"ve had my Widex for eons though, and it still works really well.

deafdyke said:
That's good that you're experimenting with different brands of aids! I always tell people to pursue that.....the difference can be amazing!
I STILL cannot believe the difference between my old Siemens and my new Phonaks! I mean I could hear pretty well with my old Siemens, but I can hear SO much with my Phonaks....like the wind whistiling in different ways, someone knitting and stuff like that....

Ditto to that! :thumb: I m currently wearing Digital Phonaks too..

Hello all:
My hearing aids are good. I test 68% in the booth and with lipreading I score 100% which was very good I think. Sorry I don't post much. Hope everyone here is well. :)
Take Care
Leah

I am getting a new hearing aid, Phonak Perseo with FM integrated! So stylish and powerful, I am so excited!

deafdyke said:

I am pretty new to wearing ha's ( about 2 1/2 yrs.) When I first got them,I mistakenly thought that the more expensive the better. My first ha's where Beltone's state of the art digitals(I forget the name..orion or something?) and where more expensive than my car! I fiddled with them for about a year and it was just an exercise in frustration. The fine tuning alone drove me nuts!! I was making weekly appointments for a year.

I finally had enough and barked loud enough to get my money back and went and got some good old unitron unison 6ps. Both of them cost less than one of my Beltones and they work great. My only complaint really is that I squeak like crazy when people hug me!! I get some pretty funny looks I tell you :lol:

Your phonaks sound good DD. Maybe I'll give them a try next time.... Do you get feed back with them? My audio said I would just have to live with it.

cookieboo said:
I finally had enough and barked loud enough to get my money back and went and got some good old unitron unison 6ps. Both of them cost less than one of my Beltones and they work great. My only complaint really is that I squeak like crazy when people hug me!! I get some pretty funny looks I tell you :lol:.

I have the exact same one in my right ear!! ( i have a Widex in my left) I love Unison!!! It's awesome!!! Good price too!!!

My first ha's where Beltone's state of the art digitals(I forget the name..orion or something?) and where more expensive than my car!
Beltones are RIPOFFS! They are for old people, and are almost as bad as the ones sold mailorder!
My only complaint really is that I squeak like crazy when people hug me!! I get some pretty funny looks I tell you
Lol, so do I. These things are GREAT chasity belts....I wouldn't be surprised if my audi purposely programmed them that way!
But I mean, nobody really acts surprised b/c most people know I wear aids.

.... Do you get feed back with them?
I am the Queen of Feedback, but I think it's more of a structural issue (absent ear canals) then it is a hearing aid issue. Last year when I got my new aids I was having a lot of fun driving people crazy wondering what that sound was! Even kids who have known me since day one, were "WTF is that noise?"

deafdyke said:
Beltones are RIPOFFS! They are for old people, and are almost as bad as the ones sold mailorder!
Totally agree!! I learned my lesson.
deafdyke said:
I am the Queen of Feedback, but I think it's more of a structural issue (absent ear canals) then it is a hearing aid issue. Last year when I got my new aids I was having a lot of fun driving people crazy wondering what that sound was! Even kids who have known me since day one, were "WTF is that noise?"
:rofl: I know...I get comments like...did you hear that?? where is that radio coming from? And when I told the person that it was my hearing aid they said," Wow, I didn't know you could get a radio with your hearing aids :rofl: too funny!!!

breezy said:
I have the exact same one in my right ear
forgive me for my question, but why do you have two different brands of aids?
Oh, and "Hi" fellow canuck!! I am in B.C. how bout you?

I'm not hearing that well with these hearing aids now. Do I keep trying different hearing aids?
Leah

Yes, keep on trying on different hearing aids. Really, you are supposed to see Audiologist first before you pick out. Did you?

How about try on Oticon or Starky?

cookieboo said:
forgive me for my question, but why do you have two different brands of aids?
Oh, and "Hi" fellow canuck!! I am in B.C. how bout you?

Ha ha no that's cool!! They're different because i got them 5 years apart, and Widex upped their prices. Unitron is the closest aid to Widex, but cheaper :lol: And i'm in Ontario :lol:

I wore these hearing aids for the trials. So far, the Widex is top line. Starkey PXP (digital) is pretty good. The PXP is close to Bravo.

Number one: Widex Senso (99 percent good - clear sounds)

cons: very expensive, I don't remember about the volume adjuster.
pros: quality sounds, aware of background sounds such walking or talking from other rooms when unexpected someone at your house. Unbelievable to hear my dog's yawn.

Number two: Widex Bravo (95 percent good)

cons: very limited volume adjuster
pros: quality sounds, same above

Number three: Starkey DiVinic PXP (90 percent good)

cons: difficult to narrow your sound desires when an audiologist adjusts your hearing aid's system on the computer.
pros: volume adjuster is available.

Oticon digital is not quite good. It is sort of like analog.

Back