Kids and Bedtime - Who's the Boss?

ahh.. my son tries to put off by going to bed. he would beg me , one more movie pleasee.. i would tell him no, you will see the movie tomorrow morning, okay?

i try to walk around the words what my son wants, I would say oh do you wanna see your friend, Hannah tomorrow, you will be tired if you don't go to bed... it is hard with his age right now,,, i put him bed at 730. he dallys around and finally falls asleep at 830..

so he has one hr of quiet time,, i play music on for him, he reads books or whatever until he feels tired and poof... on to dreamland. now i have noticed its becoming a pattern for my youngest son too.. sigh.

RebelGirl said:
My point in this.. is DO NOT LET THE KID/KIDS SEE YOUR WEAKNESSES, YOU HAVE TO BE IN CHARGE AND HAVE SOME DISCIPLINE AND KEEP IT THAT WAY! If you show your soft-hearted or feeling bad, the kids will continue to use it cuz they know your weakness. Got to stand up and be strict and don't change it. They'll get around eventually and learn that there's no other way around to escape the excuses.

Exactly...

Danny, my 12 years old son complaint that I sent him and his 3 years younger brother Alan to bedtime on the same time which its suppose be different time because Danny's older than Alan. Danny suggest that he stay 1 hour longer than Alan because of their 3 years difference. I explained him why I'm disagree to his suggestion and confirmed that they should go bed on same time, no matter how difference ages... (Because Alan has no problem to get up for wash and dress as Danny... Danny is the worst and hard to get up...) That's why I stay firm so Danny gave up.

I told them that they can read their book as long as they like to or want me to read for them or chat with them etc.

My little son loves sneak and playing his gamecube and t.v. on... during very late night.. I caught him several times.. I took whole remote control joystick away from gamecube.. He whine and want play. I explained him, you cannot play game and stayed up late hours.. Remember that, you have to go bedtime all the time no late.. He stubborn and stayed up late... I leave him alone... I *waited* *waited* and decide check on him, oh geez, he still wake and foreplay w/his hot wheels.. (sigh) I took his hot wheel away because of lose his priviage(sp). He kept banging on the floor and whines complain.. "I will NOT going sleep". So I ingore him until he must go bed.. I *waited for another half an hour* until 130am.. I check on him.. OH GEEEEEEEEEE.. He still stubborn and stayed up... I was kind gruggy tired and waited for him FALL SLEEP... I have to patience and wait for him GO SLEEP!!! I feel alike gave it up... I went back living room and watch t.v. "mute voice", because don't want him hear distance coming from living room.. So I watch tv. until 2am.. I check on him.. oh geeee.. not AGAIN... I gave it up... and stayed my little son's bdrm.. *staring him* for little long... Finally fall sleep.. about 315am.. *geez* In my head kept mumbling why can't he go bed??? He getting starting since 3 days from now... (sigh) I don't think so he exicting for birthday.. not that reason.. He want stayed up... *wait and see* little more few days....

My daughter really quite good and went bedtime around 10pm.. about 20 or 30 minutes then fall sleep!!! I like that.. espically little son.. NO..
*sigh*

My point in this.. is DO NOT LET THE KID/KIDS SEE YOUR WEAKNESSES, YOU HAVE TO BE IN CHARGE AND HAVE SOME DISCIPLINE AND KEEP IT THAT WAY! If you show your soft-hearted or feeling bad, the kids will continue to use it cuz they know your weakness. Got to stand up and be strict and don't change it. They'll get around eventually and learn that there's no other way around to escape the excuses.[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you. Thats what is happening to some children in the world. Their parents dont discipline them and they let what their children want to have. If the parents dont discipline their children, that means they dont love them. Thats really sad, isnt it?

Back