Is Internet Dating Really That Different?

bttrflykiss621

Reaction score
Okay so about 9 months ago, I met someone online and we're really good together. The funny thing is we both think meeting people online is crazy but then we did and it's completely changed our minds. We started off just as penpals and really enjoyed our friendship but then we began to realize we had feelings for each other, that kind of "I could be with you forever" feelings.
When I first told my family about him they just gave me that condiscending look like "oh sure" and told me that I had better not give him my address bcz he could be some psycho killer. *roll eyes*
So it got me thinking, is internet dating really all that different than real dating? I mean, is it really easier to lie about who you are online than in person (besides looks)? And what do you do when someone you meet in person shows interest in you? You give them your phone number. Isn't that a whole lot more personal than just an IM username or email address? It sure is a lot harder to change if you start getting harrassed. And on a blind date, wouldn't it be just as likely that they could be a crazy? And then you're in reaching distance so they could just hack you up after the date. Does anyone get what I'm saying?

oh well.. depend on ppl is lie, killer or not right person for them and wont tell u abt deep personalty.... sometime it LUCKY in fall love each other...

i picked wrong person, i thought my ex was right for me but not.. it got me hurted so much but i moved on anyway.. now i learn becareful online whoever i met... u know what i mean?? so just becareful allright..

Back