Hi I am new here need help??

scoshibear

Reaction score
HI

I am new here and i deaf so many thing want ask about begin dating with hearing person. i only know her five month at work place then we starting dating two week ago then been good. we have good time. but she not know about deaf community not lot here my town anyway.. one day we went bad day for two day found out that we did not communication right way .. i did talk her been misunderstanding with communication so we feel like start over again . we did. i want her know my deaf world i want know her world.. here
the things is could i keep dating with her? help out ?

Scoshibear

Hi There and welcome to AD....

I have always tell my friends when they come up to me with those kind of questions and the only answer I give them if whatever your heart tells you, so I'm going to say the same thing to you....If you feel this girl you are seeing at work is the one for you then you would give her a chance and help her understand what deaf is really like, and how you both can be able to understand one other, maybe teach her a few signs or something like that.....I know alot of people enjoy learning sign language because it's fun!

Good Luck on this girl you are seeing, hope everything goes well! :)

Im dating with a hearing guy... so far things are good. We are at the point of getting to know each other and are going really slow.

We mainly communicated by writing down in paper. Then at one point, I told him I want to familiarise reading his lip pattern and that he to sign a bit (for me) so that way we dont have to wrte things down every time we meet (yea believe me or not, it's pretty frustrating... but). So far ive photocopied basic signs to give him and I hope to teach him 1 to 1. Should be fun and I hope that it will make the communication better and our relationship strong :)

If he wanted to get to know me more and more, I would definitely tell him bits and bits abt me, my deafness and my deaf world, like that.

So scoshibear, I dont want to repeat, but you should do what Angel said above here... and best of luck :)

~sharlie~

Last edited:
s, first, u dont need to ask anyone's permission here :wave:
good advice here.. i no need to repeat it :mrgreen:

thank

thank the advice help me little better still work on it :D i am let know what happen i do not know when is come to tell ... anyway thank :D

Back