Hearing aids and Yawning.

Nusentinsaino

Reaction score
Have you guys noticed that when you yawn really deeply, Your hearing cuts off all of sudden, even with your hearing aids on, And when you stop yawning, all the hearing comes back.

???

Weird.

well, that isn't a hearing aid thing. Maybe you notice it more with a hearing aid, but when hearing people yawn, their hearing is somewhat cut off as well. If I yawn loudly or strongly, I lose it for a second too.

how interesting... that sounds kinda creepy. Maybe just a coincidence (sp?)
I don't know. I am hearing and either get teary-eyed or go kinda deaf when i yawn. I think it could really just depend on the person because everyone just kind of thinks i started crying for no reason.

*shrugs* who knows?

Doesn't it have something to do with the eutrachuoion tubes?

Yes -- this temporary "loss" of hearing is due to the Eustachian tube opening. Ironically enough, the same effect also takes place when a person swallows or sneezes. :)

Nusentinsaino said:
Have you guys noticed that when you yawn really deeply, Your hearing cuts off all of sudden, even with your hearing aids on, And when you stop yawning, all the hearing comes back.

???

Weird.

Yes I've noticed this exact same thing! It doesn't happen all the time, but it does on occasion.

Yeah! I have noticed myself whenever I yawn deeply, my hearing aids shut off any noices for a sec and then resumes back to normal. Same goes for swallowing especially when I have a sore throat.

ScrappyKat said:
how interesting... that sounds kinda creepy. Maybe just a coincidence (sp?)
I don't know. I am hearing and either get teary-eyed or go kinda deaf when i yawn. I think it could really just depend on the person because everyone just kind of thinks i started crying for no reason.

*shrugs* who knows?

Actually, I do get teary-eyed quite often when I yawn. :)

Maybe, u need to change ur earmolds that aren't softer enuff or too hard material that might be easy to hear a whistle thru the air coming out from ur hearing aid. When was ur last time u got ur new earmolds at the Hearing Aid Center? Maybe, ur old earmold is getting squeezer.

When I sneezes then my ears closes! I cant hear with my hearing aids or not. I have to POP so I can hear again. Yawning is otherwise, I not know about.

When I was little kid and molding my ears for my HA and find out it would fall off because you move or open the mouth... I learn to stay like stiff till it is completed so I can move or open my mouth... the molds wont fall off...

Back