Hearing Aids and Cochlear Implants Not Allowed!

Buckdodgers said:
I Wonder does wearing a CI or a hearing aid has a lot to do being in Special Education schools instead in regular elementry and high school?

It's don't matters, they can wear CI or HA in all type of education.

rockdrummer said:
There you go again speaking for everyone. I am positive that not ALL CI users are like this. Maybe it's just a matter of the words you choose. You my friend are starting to sound like an Audist.

Agreed! Any "all encompassing" statement that sweepingly denies the validity of HAs and CIs is highly suspect to say the least. I really don't see what the issue of being "proud" or big egos has anything to do with the issue of being deaf. One who has to use a "device" is deaf regardless of what they think. If they don't think they so, they are only fooling themselves. But it doesn't mean a person can't be highly successful with them in the hearing world. If one can straddle both worlds, all the better for them as their horizons are broadened considerably.

Rockdrummer and SR171soars, I guess I have to repeat my reply to LinuxGold in this very thread, post #51 because you guys are so quick to jump on me:

gnulinuxman said:
Cochlear implants aren't what bothers me. I've noticed that SOME implantees have a high-and-mighty double-standard. I am so sick of it among SOME of those with CI's. They constantly brag about how good it is to hear, and then whine when it's convenient to do so, especially when they don't know any sign language, have no intention to learn any because they "don't need it", and they STILL expect the Deaf community to accept them.

Not all have it, but it is one reason that some culturally Deaf people have problems with implanting children. The disrespect is mutual, so it isn't just either side. It's both.
(Click the link if you don't believe me... :roll: )

gnulinuxman said:
Rockdrummer and SR171soars, I guess I have to repeat my reply to LinuxGold in this very thread, post #51 because you guys are so quick to jump on me:

(Click the link if you don't believe me... :roll: )
OK. That post was worded better but it doesn't negate what your other post said. Like I said, perhaps it's the words you choose to use. Don't make generalizations like that and you won't get jumped on.

Back