Can you help me?

werino

Reaction score
Hello,

my name is Sofia, I am 25 years old and I am studying deaf pedagogy in Cologne Gemany.
I am doing this for 4 1/2 years now and I am almost done with my studies now. =) Yipeeee.

But right now, I am writing my thesis ( I hope this is the right term for that? It is a piece of work about 100 pages you have to write at the end of your studies at uni)
And thsi thesis is the reason for contacting you. May be you could help me with my work.

As a result of my internships und experiences with students I have chosen to write about the cochlea implant. I am interested in finding out, why persons wanted a cochlear implant for themself or their child and if their expectations became real.
For this reason I developed 3 questionnaires. One for persons who have a cochlear implant, one for their parents and one for professionals.
And now I am looking for persons who became deaf or hard of hearing before the age of two and received a cochlear implant between the age of 7 and 18 - and for their parents.It does not matter how old these children, teens or young adults are now.
I am also looking for the professionals who guided these persons while their decission making- process, who would be willing to fill out a questionnaire.

I hope to reach many many teenagers, young adults and parents this way who might want to help me and fill out a questionnaire for me.
All the informations would be treated confidentially and the questionnaire is anonym, of course.

So, if you or your child does fit into the group I am looking for and you think that it would be ok for you to fill out a questionnaire, please, please contact me.
You would really help me.
It is also very important to me to receive the experience and opinion of non users or persons who have problems with their cochlear implant.
My goal would be to have a balance of persons who are satisfied with the implant and those who are not. I am not writing for a firm or something who sells the implants. And I am not an enemy of the implant. I just want to collect the experiences of the persons who are related to the implant.

If you feel like helping me, just let me know, and I will send you the questionnaire.

Thank you in advance, :aw:
Sofia

Back