Baby monitor help!

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

thomas83 said:

Thomas83

Having a 'snooze' would be very dangerous ... If your child is crying (and you can't hear) you NEED to visually assess what is happening with the baby. Also 15mins is a VERY long time to let an infant cry without being assessed ...it's dangerous if you can't hear the tone of their cry etc and is almost abusive.

It's one thing to let a child cry for 5mins then visually check on them, then let them cry for another 5mins ... It's a totally different thing for a hoh or deaf person to walk away from a crying infant for 15mins with no idea *how* they are crying (urgent, in pain, afraid, night terrors, etc).

If you arent going to look in on them - you need to at the very least have a video monitor on them that you can see what they are doing, and a way to know how quiet or loud they are crying.

That's correct, the reason Why I want snooze is when I changed diaper and fed him. He still cry cuz he's tired. Most of time I lay him in his bed and let him cry for a while then he just fall sleep.

15mins is still waaayyyyy too long (even for a 2 or 3 year old).

Maximum you'd want is 5mins, then check them (in person or with video displaying monitor), then 5 more mins if needed etc.

Leaving an infant crying - even if they're "settling" for 15 mins is wayyyyyyy too long (ask any dr, nurse, child development professional etc)

15mins is still waaayyyyy too long (even for a 2 or 3 year old).

Maximum you'd want is 5mins, then check them (in person or with video displaying monitor), then 5 more mins if needed etc.

Leaving an infant crying - even if they're "settling" for 15 mins is wayyyyyyy too long (ask any dr, nurse, child development professional etc)

Thank you. I said like 15 mins. I should have said adjustable timer snooze.

Back