Any Deaf bartenders out there???

Yes I love to be work with bar. In Dallas, DAD has deaf bartenders and serves us! They are freelance....

<working as bartender at Marriott hotel where I am living in WA now, licensed bartender, true there wasnt interpreter but I was written by lady who was sitting with me on the table :)

<In bartending college right now. I'm thrilled to be part of the 'hands-on' class! It's about time after awhile of doing some researchings with you guys.

Cheers!
:cheers:

congrats to u, seattledeafgrl....good luck in bartending college there :)

Deaf Bartender

Hello!
I am currently in Dallas and am wondering if there are any deaf bartenders here so I can hire one for my HUGE halloween bash.. If you live in dallas and want to attned the party, email me and i'll send you the information.
Thanks

I used to work at a bar and a restaurant before.. (two different bars) I did bartended few times when they got so BUSY. Once i bartended to few deaf customers when my sis is not there as several of my co workers cant sign? so they would come in the back ( i was a grill cook) and asked me to wait on them which i did few times.. it was so fun to do that but i dont work there anymore due to my cts injury in 2000. The business closed since then.. Sure miss working there.. lol :)

bartending?

Hey, let me know how that goes.. did u get an interpretor? id love to get a job as one if i can get an interpretor for the classes.. then apply at jillians :)
they are always happy to have more people on first friday of the month who can sign i hear.. heheh :cheers:

I've always wanted to go to bartending college, just for the heck of it. But I wouldn't have much of a career, since I can't read lips to save my life. :)Besides, most bars are a little too smoky and dim for my taste.

Hello , I had thought about bartending school but i work part time in a pub. I hated the smoke in the bar but now no smoking in bars as the law changed for healthier environment. I work as barback in a small bar, best for a deaf to work in small bar where noise can be a factor and lighting to lipread. It all depends where you are. I cant bartend where i work right now but a license is required so they say but i know people from other places can work their way up and become a bartender by working in other crappy jobs like a doorperson. I sure could use the money cos tips are very good. In the bar i work they are full of bartenders so its not a high turnover there cos many part timers there work for years.

Back