AllDeaf.com
Mobile - Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Miscellaneous > On-topic Debates
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Like Tree93Likes

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DaveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 152
Marvel at the beauty of Michael Moore's 10,000 sq ft summer mansion!

It is absolutely beautiful!

Editorials | Hypocrisy of Michael Moore's opulent home | The Detroit News

Do you figure it was paid for by 1 million dollar tax credit he got from Michigan taxpayers on his last film? Or maybe it was the Halliburton stock he made a fortune from through his personal charity.

Either way, it's gorgeous.
DaveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on AllDeaf.com
   
Unread 11-15-2011, 09:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 66,672
this is a big issue.... how?
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 09:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DaveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
this is a big issue.... how?
Not a big issue, just admiring a greedy capitalists spoils!
DaveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 09:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 66,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
Not a big issue, just admiring a greedy capitalists spoils!
are you speaking as a Republican or Libertarian?
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 09:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DaveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
are you speaking as a Republican or Libertarian?
If somebody holds views coming from the left, isn't any opposing worldview considered to be "evil" right winger-ish?
DaveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 66,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
If somebody holds views coming from the left, isn't any opposing worldview considered to be "evil" right winger-ish?
no. My question is based on your posts all together because it does not sound like a Libertarian approach

did you used to be a Republican?
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DaveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
no. My question is based on your posts all together because it does not sound like a Libertarian approach

did you used to be a Republican?
No, in fact I was a typical run of the mill liberal.
DaveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 66,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
No, in fact I was a typical run of the mill liberal.
oh i'm the opposite. hence my avatar
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dream Weaver
 
TXgolfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 19,043
We should rent a bunch of buses and ship the occupests there. I have a feeling he would run them off though
DaveM likes this.
__________________
He who answers before listening-that is his folly and his shame..
TXgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DaveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
oh i'm the opposite. hence my avatar
Really, you switched from the right to the left?
DaveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DaveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXgolfer View Post
We should a bunch of buses and ship the occupests there. I have a feeling he would run them off though
Lol! It's true. I guess precedent has been set that it's ok to camp out on someones private property as long as there is a political message.

I would love to occupy Moore's property!
DaveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 66,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
Really, you switched from the right to the left?
I was never left. I loathe it.

and you know what's funny? I'm a registered Democrat
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
TWA
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,374
Great, just what we need; another misinformed conservative posting biased misinformation. You're going to be real popular around here.
TWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 66,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
Lol! It's true. I guess precedent has been set that it's ok to camp out on someones private property as long as there is a political message.

I would love to occupy Moore's property!
exactly my thought about Zuccotti Park. Since OWS receives over $500,000 in donation.... they should go rent a place and occupy it
DaveM likes this.
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DaveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWriteAlex View Post
Great, just what we need; another misinformed conservative posting biased misinformation. You're going to be real popular around here.
Am I misinformed because I disagree with you?
DaveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
TWA
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
Am I misinformed because I disagree with you?
You're misinformed because you posted a slanted op-ed full of charged language and half-truths. In your own post you bring up the same oft-repeated erroneous facts about Michael Moore that all the right wing pundits do (he does no personally own any Halliburton stock--nor has he personally traded it. His foundation has, but that isn't part of his income).

You've lost all credibility with me already.
jillio likes this.
TWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
No, in fact I was a typical run of the mill liberal.
What horrible thing happened to you that caused such a dramatic change?
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
Am I misinformed because I disagree with you?
No, you are misinformed because you are doing the same thing all conservatives eventually end up doing. Slanting, twisting, and polly parroting without an iota of original thought involved. I know it's easier that way, but really.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWriteAlex View Post
You're misinformed because you posted a slanted op-ed full of charged language and half-truths. In your own post you bring up the same oft-repeated erroneous facts about Michael Moore that all the right wing pundits do (he does no personally own any Halliburton stock--nor has he personally traded it. His foundation has, but that isn't part of his income).

You've lost all credibility with me already.
Helost it with me several hours ago when he began making claims that were misleading and dishonest.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered User
 
kokonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,054
So, Michael Moore isn't part of the "1%"? House sure doesn't look to have the anti-capitalist look nor does it fit the poor and down-trodden angle. At least it would be nice if he said that he loves to make money for himself and get rich.
__________________
Oh, goody. She's gone. No sign of her. Oh, yeahhhhh! And him, too. Sweet!

Man, what a total mess. What a big fail. I am just laughing at it all. Gotta have sense of humor in life.


Paranoia much? Run to Mama then.
kokonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
Dream Weaver
 
TXgolfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 19,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWriteAlex View Post
You're misinformed because you posted a slanted op-ed full of charged language and half-truths. In your own post you bring up the same oft-repeated erroneous facts about Michael Moore that all the right wing pundits do (he does no personally own any Halliburton stock--nor has he personally traded it. His foundation has, but that isn't part of his income).

You've lost all credibility with me already.
Does the picture lie?
__________________
He who answers before listening-that is his folly and his shame..
TXgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonut View Post
So, Michael Moore isn't part of the "1%"? House sure doesn't look to have the anti-capitalist look nor does it fit the poor and down-trodden angle. At least it would be nice if he said that he loves to make money for himself and get rich.
And another one with a distorted understanding of who the 1% actually are!
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXgolfer View Post
Does the picture lie?
Pictures lie all the time.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DaveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWriteAlex View Post
You're misinformed because you posted a slanted op-ed full of charged language and half-truths. In your own post you bring up the same oft-repeated erroneous facts about Michael Moore that all the right wing pundits do (he does no personally own any Halliburton stock--nor has he personally traded it. His foundation has, but that isn't part of his income).

You've lost all credibility with me already.
Re-read my post. I clearly stated his personal charity owned the Halliburton stock.

You ignored my point that he took tax payer money as corporate welfare to get refunds for "Capitalism: A love Story." Money from the state of MI, with some of the highest unemployment numbers.

Are the facts sited in the Op Ed incorrect?

I'm sorry I lost my credibility with you.
DaveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DaveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillio View Post
What horrible thing happened to you that caused such a dramatic change?
I was mugged by reality. That sucks.
kokonut likes this.
DaveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:31 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
Re-read my post. I clearly stated his personal charity owned the Halliburton stock.

You ignored my point that he took tax payer money as corporate welfare to get refunds for "Capitalism: A love Story." Money from the state of MI, with some of the highest unemployment numbers.

Are the facts sited in the Op Ed incorrect?

I'm sorry I lost my credibility with you.
Source?
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
I was mugged by reality. That sucks.
Reality is subjective. That is where you are making your gravest error. You assume your reality is reality for all.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DaveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillio View Post
And another one with a distorted understanding of who the 1% actually are!
Michael Moore is worth an estimated 50 million dollars. That places him WELL into 1% territory and then some!
DaveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 16,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
Lol! It's true. I guess precedent has been set that it's ok to camp out on someones private property as long as there is a political message.

I would love to occupy Moore's property!
Not me! I do not need all that room. I can only use one room at time and see no need to have a place that big!
DaveM likes this.
whatdidyousay! is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
Michael Moore is worth an estimated 50 million dollars. That places him WELL into 1% territory and then some!
Source? I suspect you are using the same innacurate sources that were used just a couple of weeks ago to cite this number.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Join AllDeaf on Facebook!    Follow us on Twitter!

AllDeaf proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2002-2014, AllDeaf.com. All Rights Reserved.