AllDeaf.com
Mobile - Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Miscellaneous > On-topic Debates
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Like Tree53Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 14,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
no but it is very convincing.

makes me wonder why do protestors always use "Nazi" reference especially in this case because it's other way around.
Because there are Anti Semitic people like you around! Is not no business how rich a person is and I know a lot of Jewish people that not rich! Do you know USA is getting money from China and that we own China billions of dollars !
whatdidyousay! is online now  
Alt Today
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on AllDeaf.com
   
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #32 (permalink)
Dream Weaver
 
TXgolfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 19,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafCaroline View Post
As cost of university education in US escalates, so do student loans. Currently there is $830 billion dollars in student loans. Much of it is private loans thus unregulated, thus subjected to higher interest. Guess who sold most of those private loans as asset-back securities...yep, Wall Street. The student loan bubble is just as bad as the housing bubble. And as unemployment stays at the same percentage or increases, it gets harder and harder for the student to pay back the loans, so they would opt for smaller payments per month that puts more money in the pockets of private bankers. If they can't find work, they are still obliged to repay the loan regardless and if they are forced to put off repaying, the back interest on the loan escalates like crazy and it creates a truly fundamental problem for the debt would grow at a scary rate while the student is struggling to find work.
And who's fault is that? They took out the loans. LOL. The could have done like me and many others and worked their way through school.

As for the bold. Duh! Welcome to the real world. If one over extends themselves they could be in real trouble. There is no job placement guarantee with a college degree.
Beach girl likes this.
__________________
He who answers before listening-that is his folly and his shame..
TXgolfer is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DeafCaroline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXgolfer View Post
And who's fault is that? They took out the loans. LOL. The could have done like me and many others and worked their way through school.

As for the bold. Duh! Welcome to the real world. If one over extends themselves they could be in real trouble. There is no job placement guarantee with a college degree.
How old were those people taking out those private loans? Not old enough to know better. Most of them just left home and are completely clueless about the real world. Wall Street took advantage of that.

Like I said, the cost of university education in the US is growing fast.

You could say the same thing about adults borrowing for home loans "well, duh, they could have worked and saved up their money to pay for their house instead of getting a loan, it's their fault."

Did I mention the student loan bubble which is $830 billion is bigger than the entire credit card debt of America?

It's a problem.
Deafguy25 likes this.
DeafCaroline is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #34 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 65,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdidyousay! View Post
Because there are Anti Semitic people like you around! Is not no business how rich a person is and I know a lot of Jewish people that not rich! Do you know USA is getting money from China and that we own China billions of dollars !
ssssshhhhh.........
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Secretblend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SA and soon to be back in Austin.
Posts: 3,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafCaroline View Post
How old were those people taking out those private loans? Not old enough to know better. Most of them just left home and are completely clueless about the real world. Wall Street took advantage of that.

Like I said, the cost of university education in the US is growing fast.

You could say the same thing about adults borrowing for home loans "well, duh, they could have worked and saved up their money to pay for their house instead of getting a loan, it's their fault."

Did I mention the student loan bubble which is $830 billion is bigger than the entire credit card debt of America?

It's a problem.
They don't have to go to school also. I didn't and I'm doing fairly well.
Secretblend is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #36 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 65,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafCaroline View Post
How old were those people taking out those private loans? Not old enough to know better. Most of them just left home and are completely clueless about the real world. Wall Street took advantage of that.

Like I said, the cost of university education in the US is growing fast.

You could say the same thing about adults borrowing for home loans "well, duh, they could have worked and saved up their money to pay for their house instead of getting a loan, it's their fault."

Did I mention the student loan bubble which is $830 billion is bigger than the entire credit card debt of America?

It's a problem.
the students cannot take loans out by themselves. in financial aids, they're not eligible for independent status until they're 24 years old. no banks would ever give out loans to college students without collateral or cosigner (typically parents)
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #37 (permalink)
Dream Weaver
 
TXgolfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 19,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafCaroline View Post
How old were those people taking out those private loans? Not old enough to know better. Most of them just left home and are completely clueless about the real world. Wall Street took advantage of that.

Like I said, the cost of university education in the US is growing fast.

You could say the same thing about adults borrowing for home loans "well, duh, they could have worked and saved up their money to pay for their house instead of getting a loan, it's their fault."

Did I mention the student loan bubble which is $830 billion is bigger than the entire credit card debt of America?

It's a problem.
I DO say the same thing about adults borrowing for home loans. I have many times here on AD.

School loans are usualy done thru financial aid and for those young uns their parents are normally a part of that process....especially freshman year. Perhaps they should blame their parents. Either way it's not the banks fault. Consider it Life 101.
__________________
He who answers before listening-that is his folly and his shame..
TXgolfer is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #38 (permalink)
Audist are not welcome
 
shel90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: A place where crabs are popular
Posts: 42,687
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretblend View Post
They don't have to go to school also. I didn't and I'm doing fairly well.
We need more doctors, engineers, mathematics, and scientists to compete globally. They need to go to school.

Not everyone who doesnt have a college degree is as lucky as you are. Most good paying jobs require degrees.
__________________
"Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it."

--- Anonymous
shel90 is online now  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Jazzberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York State
Posts: 761
Blog Entries: 2
I can almost understand why someone who lives in the boondocks and has never personally met more than a 1,000 people in their entire life might believe in stereotypes.

However, Jiro, you've posted enough that I know you live and work in a large metropolitan area, travel frequently, and are a member of two minority groups yourself (Deaf and Korean-American). You really have no excuse to believe in stereotypes.
deafskeptic and Buffalo like this.
__________________
I was a mainstreamed "solitaire". I'm currently learning ASL. My hearing loss ranges from moderate to profound; my audiogram and speech discrimination are posted here.
Jazzberry is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DeafCaroline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretblend View Post
They don't have to go to school also. I didn't and I'm doing fairly well.
Think how many students would equate a 830 billion debt in loans. Imagine if none of them went to college. The future of America would not look very bright if only a small percentage of adults went to college because they could afford to pay for it out of pocket.

Let's be realistic here.
DeafCaroline is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DeafCaroline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXgolfer View Post
I DO say the same thing about adults borrowing for home loans. I have many times here on AD.

School loans are usualy done thru financial aid and for those young uns their parents are normally a part of that process....especially freshman year. Perhaps they should blame their parents. Either way it's not the banks fault. Consider it Life 101.
So it's not the banks' fault that the market collapsed either then.
DeafCaroline is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #42 (permalink)
Dream Weaver
 
TXgolfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 19,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdidyousay! View Post
Because there are Anti Semitic people like you around! Is not no business how rich a person is and I know a lot of Jewish people that not rich! Do you know USA is getting money from China and that we own China billions of dollars !
You misunderstood what Jiro was saying.... He wasn't being Anti-Semitic.
__________________
He who answers before listening-that is his folly and his shame..
TXgolfer is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #43 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 65,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzberry View Post
I can almost understand why someone who lives in the boondocks and has never personally met more than a 1,000 people in their entire life might believe in stereotypes.

However, Jiro, you've posted enough that I know you live and work in a large metropolitan area, travel frequently, and are a member of two minority groups yourself (Deaf and Korean-American). You really have no excuse to believe in stereotypes.
stereotype? where? I've stated facts in all of my posts, not stereotype.

The purpose of this thread is to think because maybe it's just coincidental. maybe there's some mysterious force in work. it's a thought-provoking question but I'm just sad to see that people cannot intelligently put aside this whole Holocaust thing.
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #44 (permalink)
Dream Weaver
 
TXgolfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 19,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafCaroline View Post
So it's not the banks' fault that the market collapsed either then.
Nope.
__________________
He who answers before listening-that is his folly and his shame..
TXgolfer is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #45 (permalink)
TWA
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reba View Post
Wrong-o.
Uh, no. You are "wrong-o."

The very term "antisemitic" is based on racial/ethnic hate, as opposed to religious hate.
TWA is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #46 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 65,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafCaroline View Post
Think how many students would equate a 830 billion debt in loans. Imagine if none of them went to college. The future of America would not look very bright if only a small percentage of adults went to college because they could afford to pay for it out of pocket.

Let's be realistic here.
but old America was doing just fine.
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Buffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,048
Bill Gates and Warren Buffet aren't Jewish.
__________________

“The problem is not that the (deaf) students do not hear. The problem is that the hearing world does not listen. “- Rev Jesse L. Jackson ( American Civil Rights Activist, Minister)
Buffalo is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #48 (permalink)
Dream Weaver
 
TXgolfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 19,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafCaroline View Post
Think how many students would equate a 830 billion debt in loans. Imagine if none of them went to college. The future of America would not look very bright if only a small percentage of adults went to college because they could afford to pay for it out of pocket.

Let's be realistic here.
I came from an extremely poor family... I paid out of pocket. Worked my ass off.

My uncle had even less and worked his way through college while raising 2 kids.

Then again my high school BFF has never even been to a college football game much less a class and he is a VP in a large company and has a brilliant mind.

A lack of loans would do nothing to prevent someone with a strong desire. Loans however, enable the undecided and directionless
__________________
He who answers before listening-that is his folly and his shame..
TXgolfer is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #49 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 65,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo View Post
Bill Gates and Warren Buffet aren't Jewish.
lol why are we thinking about non-Jewish rich people? Steve Jobs isn't Jewish either (but he was Buddhist). But I'm talking about people and corporations involved in Wall Street fiasco. Look at their background. They're mostly Jewish.

coincidental? I hope so.
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #50 (permalink)
Audist are not welcome
 
shel90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: A place where crabs are popular
Posts: 42,687
Blog Entries: 3
So you are saying that the protestor who is holding up that sign probably didnt do enough research on this issue?
__________________
"Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it."

--- Anonymous
shel90 is online now  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DeafCaroline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
but in this case... corporations are not stripping people of their rights and freedoms. These people have every rights and choice to not do business with them.

but... it's ironic that protestors are labeling them as Nazi when these corporations are Jewish-controlled.
The top 10 firms held liable for the market collapse, only three of them run by Jews: former Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan, Current Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke and the Lehman Brothers CEO Richard Fuld.

All others, white guys. Washington Mutual, AIG, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Bank of America... It was Washington Mutual who's held most responsible for the subprime mortgage crisis, and they were the ones who dragged down Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
DeafCaroline is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DeafCaroline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
lol why are we thinking about non-Jewish rich people? Steve Jobs isn't Jewish either (but he was Buddhist). But I'm talking about people and corporations involved in Wall Street fiasco. Look at their background. They're mostly Jewish.

coincidental? I hope so.
I think you need to do more research.
DeafCaroline is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DeafCaroline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
but old America was doing just fine.
Exactly! Old America that had regulated banking did fine. It was when it became unregulated and loans went from public to private and there was no longer transparency of deals, then the financial crises started happening.
DeafCaroline is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DeafCaroline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXgolfer View Post
Nope.
You're right, it's the government's fault for deregulating Wall Street.
DeafCaroline is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #55 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 65,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafCaroline View Post
The top 10 firms held liable for the market collapse, only three of them run by Jews: former Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan, Current Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke and the Lehman Brothers CEO Richard Fuld.

All others, white guys. Washington Mutual, AIG, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Bank of America... It was Washington Mutual who's held most responsible for the subprime mortgage crisis, and they were the ones who dragged down Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
you're looking at scapegoats and superficially. look at the Board Members, investors, influential and driving force. In fact, a lot of them are hidden from public view.

My brother and father are in business. it's a known fact among businessmen that Wall Street is controlled and dominated by Jewish people.
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Jazzberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York State
Posts: 761
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
stereotype? where? I've stated facts in all of my posts, not stereotype.

The purpose of this thread is to think because maybe it's just coincidental. maybe there's some mysterious force in work. it's a thought-provoking question but I'm just sad to see that people cannot intelligently put aside this whole Holocaust thing.
Reading this ignorance is truly painful. Though I find it difficult to believe that someone who is a member of minority group themselves that lives and works in a large metropolitian area is really that ignorant. If you actually believe this ... well there aren't enough hours in the day to educate you.

I don't have time. And I'm putting you on my ignore list along with Dr. Phil.
dogmom likes this.
__________________
I was a mainstreamed "solitaire". I'm currently learning ASL. My hearing loss ranges from moderate to profound; my audiogram and speech discrimination are posted here.
Jazzberry is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #57 (permalink)
Retired Terp
 
Reba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 44,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafCaroline View Post
Think how many students would equate a 830 billion debt in loans. Imagine if none of them went to college. The future of America would not look very bright if only a small percentage of adults went to college because they could afford to pay for it out of pocket.

Let's be realistic here.
I'm curious. In what year did students start financing their college educations with loans?
Reba is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #58 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 65,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by shel90 View Post
So you are saying that the protestor who is holding up that sign probably didnt do enough research on this issue?
no. I'm just raising the point that I've always wondered why people commonly use "YOU NAZI!!!" attitude at just about everything from corporate corporation to Patriot Acts to etc. It doesn't fit in this picture.
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #59 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 65,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzberry View Post
Reading this ignorance is truly painful. Though I find it difficult to believe that someone who is a member of minority group themselves that lives and works in a large metropolitian area is really that ignorant. If you actually believe this ... well there aren't enough hours in the day to educate you.

I don't have time. And I'm putting you on my ignore list along with Dr. Phil.
You do not have to read this thread. I'm sorry that you have been overwhelmed with emotion. That's why this thread's in debate folder.
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline  
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:54 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DeafCaroline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
you're looking at scapegoats and superficially. look at the Board Members, investors, influential and driving force. In fact, a lot of them are hidden from public view.

My brother and father are in business. it's a known fact among businessmen that Wall Street is controlled and dominated by Jewish people.
Scapegoats? They are firms who were just as involved and as responsible for the collapse. I am laughing at the idea of Washington Mutual being a scapegoat when they were the ones who introduced subprime lending to the mortgage market thus helping create the housing bubble.

Jiro, ultimately, what's your point here?
DeafCaroline is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.


Join AllDeaf on Facebook!    Follow us on Twitter!

AllDeaf proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2002-2014, AllDeaf.com. All Rights Reserved.