ZVRS have bad customer service!

Reaction score
The title says it all! :roll:

Anyway, ZVRS NEED to IMPROVE their customer service department. Email not answering. Call hold too long. Agents sitting in wrong place. Poor workstation. Poor response to people's complaint. Blah blah Just... man.. I did some ZVRS reviews when I got them in email. I think ZVRS don't read their customer reviews.

One time I called ZVRS and one agent sit really close to the wall. Poor guy! He need some space!

One time, Zvrs called me through my NVP and I answered their call. I see him with his chin on his hand (google chin on hard pose. You will get the idea). Then he was like oh sh!t and sit up start talking to me about ipad. Like really? I expect all workers sit up straight and say hi with a friendly smile. All I get is a lazy worker.

Last Dec 16, I called ZVRS to unlock new ipad I got in the mail. I have to wait for 45min to get an agent. Then wait another 30min to get another agent that know what to do.

My friend called ZVRS and she was suppose to get an Ipad last Dec and she never got it. I decided to call for her using her NVP. The call hold on for a hour! I give up and hang up. She called again later and their reaction. Oh well, sorry, You can get it in first week of February. She got mad and she want to talk to their manger. Unfortunately, manager is on the vacation.

I called ZVRS today to check the status of my giftcard. One agent is sitting on all the way to the left. I want to tell him to move so I can see him clearly but he seem annoyed because I asked him what up with my giftcard.

So. If you want an IPAD from ZVRS, prepare to be VERY patient and hope really hard that you will get the Ipad from them. I also HOPE ZVRS will READ this thread. Thanks

After several cuts from FCC, the less money relay service providers gets, the less quality of service available. End up, we all suffer.

Of course, other VRS provider would do better job, but what scares me is that we once had 51 VRS providers, now it is all down to just 5! If 3 goes out of business, leaving two we will start to scream about quality issues the loudest ever.

Only time will tell, I hope I would be wrong with this. See See

Anyway, back to the issue that you were complaining about waiting 75 minutes to get your *FREE* Ipad? Aren't you grateful enough to get free Ipad without paying a penny, yet complaining about waiting for that key for your free Ipad?

Make sure return VP-200 device back to Sorenson and switch port. It's about like 6 months waiting period to receive iPad 2. I just got gift card and iPad 2.

But, I think no longer free ipad offer due to limited time (2013) and no more Z-20 device.

Quick question- Do you work for Sorenson Communication?

"Anyway, back to the issue that you were complaining about waiting 75 minutes............ "

The whole issue is not about Ipad. Yes Im grateful I finally weaseled my ipad out of ZVRS. But you have to understand we are a customers. I use VRS and VRS provider get paid. Thats how it work. ZVRS just dont give away free Ipad. They give ipad to us and hope we use VRS on it. If someone got free Ipad and decided not to use ZVRS then its not my business. I use VRS because I want to support their business. However.. Sorenson gave me a nice Christmas present if you know what Im saying lol

@Evo Dragon- I already returned my NVP two weeks ago. I think I waited two month for Ipad but havent got giftcard yet. ZVRS said I will get giftcard next month :roll:

The answer to your quick question was rather simple and quick!

No.

And of course they need to get paid... WHO pays them? Can you answer my question who pay for VRS service?

AND do you have any idea where VRS providers gets money from, for these equipment you got for free?

Here is next question....

Name a country other than United States and its territories that provides relay service, especially Video Relay service to Deaf and Hoh completely free of charge to the users?

Can you name one?

And of course they need to get paid... WHO pays them? Can you answer my question who pay for VRS service? I know FCC use our taxes to paid them

AND do you have any idea where VRS providers gets money from, for these equipment you got for free?[/QUOTE] I really have no idea. Either from FCC or their profits. Either way.

Here is next question....

Name a country other than United States and its territories that provides relay service, especially Video Relay service to Deaf and Hoh completely free of charge to the users?

Can you name one?

I wasnt sure but my history teacher told me Sweden have VRS paid by the government as well. I can be wrong thou

FCC is who pay for the service, and all VRS providers gets money from their own pocket for equipment. FCC don't pay for them anymore. FCC no longer pay for outreach expense, and list go on.

I am not sure if you read June 10, 2013 FCC announcement of ruling on compensation for relay service providers.
no later than 5 years from now, bunch of change that you WILL see. I don't know if it is good thing or not but IMO, it is not.

Soon or later, free may be a thing in the past. Its the way it appears to me.

Are you sure about Sweden? I would say maybe, but the rest... I bet many Deafies in whole world envy America Deaf and Hoh for having such luxury of free VRS.

I forgot to mention this. One of biggest caveats for VRS provider that gets fund from FCC, is that if VRS provider gives away free equipment out of their pocket, and that those who got for free and not using their VRS service will get zero cent from anyone. Also, if VRS providers gives away too many equipment and got overwhelmed with VRS calls, and couldn't keep less than 3 minutes waiting time (I think they cut to 90 seconds, I am not sure) each month on average, they stand to lose A LOT money.

I forgot to mention this. One of biggest caveats for VRS provider that gets fund from FCC, is that if VRS provider gives away free equipment out of their pocket, and that those who got for free and not using their VRS service will get zero cent from anyone. Also, if VRS providers gives away too many equipment and got overwhelmed with VRS calls, and couldn't keep less than 3 minutes waiting time (I think they cut to 90 seconds, I am not sure) each month on average, they stand to lose A LOT money.

True. Maybe they can whipped up a some kind of contract. Like if you never use VRS and they can take ipad/any equipment away from you. Got me? I think it is against FCC policy. Not sure...

Did a quick look up @ fcc.gov
Now VRS providers must answer 80 percent of all VRS calls within 120 seconds

The whole point that I wanted to say is that it is pretty much like asking too much for free stuff without any appreciation. You know, iPAD cost maybe 300 dollars or whatever, and you wait 75 minutes, the chance your time may worth maybe 20 dollars, are you going to fret your time to get for free?

You know, there usually long line for soup kitchen, should they complain on long line to get free food?

I would understand perfectly clear if you paid at least half, and waiting 75 minutes may be excessive.

True. Maybe they can whipped up a some kind of contract. Like if you never use VRS and they can take ipad/any equipment away from you. Got me? I think it is against FCC policy. Not sure...

Did a quick look up @ fcc.gov
Now VRS providers must answer 80 percent of all VRS calls within 120 seconds

It's actually 80. Just FYI

My bad. 120 is correct.

The whole point that I wanted to say is that it is pretty much like asking too much for free stuff without any appreciation. You know, iPAD cost maybe 300 dollars or whatever, and you wait 75 minutes, the chance your time may worth maybe 20 dollars, are you going to fret your time to get for free?

Okay okay. Why Sorenson VRS have excellent customer service even they pass out free videophones? Suppose I have an issue with my VP and contact Sorenson for help. And they are being rude or lazy and cant help me. Should I accept it because I got "free" videophone?

Okay okay. Why Sorenson VRS have excellent customer service even they pass out free videophones? Suppose I have an issue with my VP and contact Sorenson for help. And they are being rude or lazy and cant help me. Should I accept it because I got "free" videophone?

Look at it this way- Sorenson was NOT the first out of the gate with VRS, but they had a hearing application (think military) for the video chip they had. They saw brown paper bag texas program and adopted that idea and had them sign for the rights. They took off with VRS industry as being the first to distribute vps and others followed suit. Sorenson grew FIRST before others so they happened to have monopoly of vp users. They still do. However other VRS's like Z is gaining popularity and the VP users switching is outgrowing the supply manpower of Z. The problem is ALL VRS'es are stuck with amount they are allowed to bill for the VRS services so the budget outweighs the need.

Since Sorenson was the first to be the biggest, They too are struggling to stay big by using bells and whistles to entice you all to stay.

I personally dont care which VRS service you use, as long it fits your needs. That all I want from VRS'es. No hassle- let me choose for my needs and wants with equivalency. My wife is waiting for Z product as well and they keep putting it off with some sort of "glitch" in paperwork or something since Rochester deaf expo. The ETA date keeps pushing back for her.. so what can I do ? We all need to learn to be patience but its ok to rant here. If we never voiced our frustration - things will never get changed nor improved. All companies are always looking for feedback for ways to make more business.

To be honest with you, not everyone gets free Sorenson VP! There are plenty of Deafies begging to get free Sorenson VP, even competitors VP.

Know why?

The answer is very simple, lack access of high speed Internet service. If a customer apply for free VP and don't have high speed Internet they are SOL. Since you were able to get free stuff from VRS, considered yourself lucky that you got what you needed to get access with VRS.

Those Deafies that I DO feel bad about but since they choose to live remote locations, not much VRS company could do for them.

If you struggling getting passcode in just few hours, that is ok, but if you struggling to get it and waiting for weeks then I understand and would validate your complaint.

To be honest with you, not everyone gets free Sorenson VP! There are plenty of Deafies begging to get free Sorenson VP, even competitors VP.

Know why?

The answer is very simple, lack access of high speed Internet service. If a customer apply for free VP and don't have high speed Internet they are SOL. Since you were able to get free stuff from VRS, considered yourself lucky that you got what you needed to get access with VRS.

Those Deafies that I DO feel bad about but since they choose to live remote locations, not much VRS company could do for them.

If you struggling getting passcode in just few hours, that is ok, but if you struggling to get it and waiting for weeks then I understand and would validate your complaint.

Actually - there is a way for those out in boonies. Ask for tablet or buy one. Go to local wifi areas like panera bread,mcd's to make calls on thier wifi. Not perfect solution - but it works. you wouldnt need high speed to GET video messages. You could be on dailup for all I care to get the video message. Once the message is buffered, you can see msg and then decide if you gotta go out of house to make the call. I know this is annoying, but its better then nothing.

You know, there are some area where there are zero Internet connection. That is where I am talking about. Most VRS providers won't bother with these customers EVEN when they said I can always go down to panera bread store or whatever.

The whole point of this thread is that the OP got it for free, and he complained about his struggle to get passcode in just 75 minutes. If he were able to get passcode in same day or just few days, I don't see this as big deal because I KNOW there are people out there that can't get one AT ALL. I would understand his complaint if he were unable to get passcode for several days or longer while he has access to Internet connection.

And regardless of who is VRS provider, every VRS providers got at least a lousy employee, or that one of best employee got bad day. So shit do happen from time to time. Can't win every time, right?

Actually - there is a way for those out in boonies. Ask for tablet or buy one. Go to local wifi areas like panera bread,mcd's to make calls on thier wifi. Not perfect solution - but it works. you wouldnt need high speed to GET video messages. You could be on dailup for all I care to get the video message. Once the message is buffered, you can see msg and then decide if you gotta go out of house to make the call. I know this is annoying, but its better then nothing.

Back