zero speech discrimination.

Vorsia

Reaction score
I was reading my audiogram and said zero speech discrimination I have sever hearing loss but able to speak well people surprise when I tell them I have had loss as a child just not this where there still surprised. Well I mean like think about it it I wore to speak I would not be considered deaf. So I chosen. Not use my voice I might write or finger spell to the interpreter that I will lip read what she saying like at the doctor aim I an exception. To the rule about most stereotypes. People about deaf people.

It isn't about your speech. The speech discrimination is about understanding OTHER's speech.

I'm profound in one ear and severe in the other with no speech discrimination so I'm deaf if you was to call my name I wouldn't. Hear. You.

Right. I understand. It's why your audi said zero speech discrimination. It's not uncommon.

yeah it means that even with amplification... your ability to understand others speech is nonexistent, at least by the audio itself. And as AllyCat said... this is not uncommon...

It isn't about your speech. The speech discrimination is about understanding OTHER's speech.

Exactly. I have excellent speech but I got zero speech discrimination on my CI eligibility test. In other words, I couldn't understand what others are saying to me at all without lipreading.

Exactly. I have excellent speech but I got zero speech discrimination on my CI eligibility test. In other words, I couldn't understand what others are saying to me at all without lipreading.

I never get 100% even with my CI.

that is serious on pretty very important I know verbal look like speech zero discrimination!

Curious, what were your results after the CI?

Back