Z70

radioman

Premium Member
Reaction score
I currently have z20 and going to upgrade to z70. have anyone used it yet ? I love the fact its a touchscreen and its andriod based.

I currently have z20 and going to upgrade to z70. have anyone used it yet ? I love the fact its a touchscreen and its andriod based.

Did you get Z70 yet? What do you think? I am going get Z70 tomorrow! So excited.

I finally replaced my z20 to z70 two days ago. sorry about the delay guys .. I had it setup to replace several weeks ago but had many personal scheduling setbacks. The installer who brought it out has been very patient and was professional the whole time. I gotta say -- I am loving the new z70. first off its so much bigger then z20. much more sleek, cleaner and less office like product. the video is so MUCH better. everyone who can see me - terps, sorenson users, and z20 can see me much more clear. The features on z70 is so much better after using z20 for so many years . I love the easy android way of searching for a number that is not in my contact list locally like if i wanted pizza, i can type in pizza or say pizza just like smartvp. it has the icon for transfer calls to my phone so i can continue call from z70 to phone. the add in third party caller is there , but not enabled yet but i was told it will be coming. everything is touch screen. FYI - I have sorenson ntouch vp too, but i prefer the z70 interface.

Now the bad part - I was supposed to get firefly - it was on the order, but warehouse dept messed up but the installer quickly took care of it by making a call right there for me so its on the way. the other bad thing is i am going to miss the handset that i can pick up for vco and that makes the terps go automatically OH vco! i hate telling them i want vco. the z70 has the setup for a headset but I have to order it, its not something z can provide. sigh. so ill be researching for a headset but i dont want to look like a terp.. lol.

Awesome review! Can you set the screen to full screen without having the contacts list/phone keypad visible? (I'm still trying to figure out how to change that on the PC version). Bummer on the vco. It used to be that you could tick a box on your contacts list (in the browser) for VCO- they took that away so like you... have to inform... "VCO please". I use my DAI cord for the audio part (why I like ZVRS more over Sorenson in part- there are other reasons too).

Haven't decided whether to get it or not... no idea where I'd put it in this small space.

Can you vp friends who have VP 200? z70 can talk to Sorenson NT Touch?

I finally replaced my z20 to z70 two days ago. sorry about the delay guys .. I had it setup to replace several weeks ago but had many personal scheduling setbacks. The installer who brought it out has been very patient and was professional the whole time. I gotta say -- I am loving the new z70. first off its so much bigger then z20. much more sleek, cleaner and less office like product. the video is so MUCH better. everyone who can see me - terps, sorenson users, and z20 can see me much more clear. The features on z70 is so much better after using z20 for so many years . I love the easy android way of searching for a number that is not in my contact list locally like if i wanted pizza, i can type in pizza or say pizza just like smartvp. it has the icon for transfer calls to my phone so i can continue call from z70 to phone. the add in third party caller is there , but not enabled yet but i was told it will be coming. everything is touch screen. FYI - I have sorenson ntouch vp too, but i prefer the z70 interface.

Now the bad part - I was supposed to get firefly - it was on the order, but warehouse dept messed up but the installer quickly took care of it by making a call right there for me so its on the way. the other bad thing is i am going to miss the handset that i can pick up for vco and that makes the terps go automatically OH vco! i hate telling them i want vco. the z70 has the setup for a headset but I have to order it, its not something z can provide. sigh. so ill be researching for a headset but i dont want to look like a terp.. lol.

Really about VCO??? My friend love VCO damn.. lol

Can you vp friends who have VP 200? z70 can talk to Sorenson NT Touch?
yes you can vp sorenson, ntouch , etc. i have talked to others who have those models with my z70 just fine.

Awesome review! Can you set the screen to full screen without having the contacts list/phone keypad visible? (I'm still trying to figure out how to change that on the PC version). Bummer on the vco. It used to be that you could tick a box on your contacts list (in the browser) for VCO- they took that away so like you... have to inform... "VCO please". I use my DAI cord for the audio part (why I like ZVRS more over Sorenson in part- there are other reasons too).

Haven't decided whether to get it or not... no idea where I'd put it in this small space.

First -- i highly recommend getting the z70 over the pc version. it takes up less space the a laptop as you can put it i a corner. it has a much wider viewing camera and I had many callers comments on the clearness and the wiiiiiiide view they could see . when in a call - i can move my screen around with a touch of the finger and just roll it wherever i want. You know how some deafies sit on one side and i ask them to move and they naturally slip back ? no more. I just swipe my screen over to empty space on thier screen. Of course you can turn it off but i prefer not to.
As for vco , peer to peer option -- its not the VRS fault. Its not in the VRS hands at all . neustar i think is supposed to handle all of that which is why we can call each other regardless of platforms/VRS provider used.
yes occasionally i would get a vrs call when its supposed to be a direct call but it would happen on my sorenson too. so i just ask them to call me and something gets updated in the directory and its fine after that both ways.

hmm for sure I'll consider it. I'll take a picture of my 'desk area' later when I get home so you can see my dilemma LOL.

Definitely agree with the potential better clarity etc- as I'm noticing the 'hiccups' again so either gotta plug the ethernet cable back into the router (recently upgraded that) or get the Z70 lol.

For radioman lol.... In advance I apologize it's messy- time to clean this weekend I guess.
Myoffice2016.jpg
No idea where I'd put the Z70 LOL. There is a dresser next to the small table with the file box on it but it's too high for me to put anything there for viewing. Behind the "computer desk is well..a twin bed (don't ask... will take too long to explain). That's a TV next to my monitor. Since apparently Z70 does not have wifi ability (boo)- I do have a long ethernet cable for the router.

BTW what you can't see is under the table with the TV is a ton of kids toys that have survived 3 generations of kids playing with them-- Playskool, wooden and plastic people (not weebles), Barn (the door still moos lol), airport etc). Pretty sure in a few years there will be another great-niece or nephew playing with 'em.

hey no worries.. my office looks like bomb hit it when im busy and stuck there in winter. right now it halfway decent . lol. anyways - the desktop towers i would leave it on the floor. z70 right there.

That's what I was thinking. What you don't see- there is a sewing machine table next to where the towers are. A very old Singer machine that belongs to mom. It no longer works (she wasn't happy) so she doesn't use it anymore- I may put the Z70 there. I went ahead and applied for it- will have to call them.

question- do I really need to have a installer come?

bringing this back... in hopes of an answer.

I just got the Z70 last week- after a few months of run-around...sigh. Anyway... I have it set up but it's not connecting to my network for some reason. I have to use a long cord (right now 25ft- getting a longer one today I hope) to go between the Z70 and Router or modem.

What kind of cable do you Z70 use other than the one that came with it? I suspect the fact that the two cables I tried has a 'molded boot' covering part of the plug is what's preventing it from fully connecting to the Z70 (annoying as #^$&#). Will wait to see what the new one looks like...otherwise returning that and looking for one with enclosed covering or one that's bare...

Second...anyone use the headphones jack? I'm not sure if my DAI cord will work or not (Haven't been able to test it for one...sigh).

Thanks.. otherwise I love it but right now it's a giant paperweight.

the molded boot is only to protect the release tab from flip up and breaking off. go ahead a cut it back to make it fit if it bothers you. it wont hurt to hurt in hard to deform the boot till it clicks. or you can just use any cat 5e cable you have or go to any computer store and pick one up or order on amazon.
as for headphone cord - i have not tried using it yet.

I forgot to come back and update this thread oops.

I had planned on the 50ft cable anyway for peace of mind at least. As it turns out - it worked perfectly and I'm in business now yay! Next test is to see if the DAI cord will work with this set up or not...

I thought about cutting the plastic back but knowing me I'll botch it or cut myself somehow lol.

----
Edit- I just tried out my DAI cord... it does work... well.. at least for the phone ringing for a call I make (tested briefly for a video mail I had). Haven't tested to see if I can hear the hearing person or not yet. Need to make a call this afternoon so will see.

Last edited:
The biggest motivator for me in possibly using Z5 products is being able to have p2p calls with hearing people, and for excellent 1 line VCO. Does the Z70 deliver on that? I would be upset if VCO were not a global option. Ideally, I would have it on for all calls and have an easy way to mute and unmute.

Did everything work with the Direct Audio Input (DAI) cord?

I'm wondering if there is a decent wifi wlan emulator that handles video frames well. The electrical system in my house is awful for using powerline networking gear. Besides powerline technology is limited to the circuit layout of the house.

The biggest motivator for me in possibly using Z5 products is being able to have p2p calls with hearing people, and for excellent 1 line VCO. Does the Z70 deliver on that? I would be upset if VCO were not a global option. Ideally, I would have it on for all calls and have an easy way to mute and unmute.

Yes the Z70 has VCO option- though to set to be on ALL the time you need to set that in your ZVRS profile online (I had to get the Tech team to set it because for me it wouldn't stay on the setting I changed it to- maybe my browser :dunno:). There is a way to mute/unmute on the Z70 as well.

Did everything work with the Direct Audio Input (DAI) cord?
Yes it did.. it works very well. Just have to make sure the plug is all the way in lol. It's great- haven't had an issue with that at all and works well for both VRS and P2P calls (the few that I had even though the person did not voice I could hear background noises lol)

I'm wondering if there is a decent wifi wlan emulator that handles video frames well. The electrical system in my house is awful for using powerline networking gear. Besides powerline technology is limited to the circuit layout of the house.

That I can't answer as I don't know. Kind of curious. My P2P calls are fine now (after Power cycling the router and modem) but my VRS calls are still a tiny bit glitchy. I don't know why. Maybe too many direct connections to the modem (a Mac, a PC and Z70- everything else is wireless).

Back