Youtube Automatic Captions/subtitles Make No Sense

Daminx

Reaction score
sometimes i Can get decent Subtitles and it fits, but everytime the automatic Subtitles come up when i am Watching a youtube Video the sentences they come up with make no Sense as if they Are randomly stringing Words together. Has anyone Else experienced this Frustrating Problem? Has anyone Found a way to get better Subtitles? YouTube isn,t very deaf friendly.

No... youtube's automated caption stinks and always has and will. It doesn't pick up accents or reliably caption fast talkers, mumblers etc. I don't think there is any way to find anything better except look for channels that DO caption (easy enough to do from what I hear).

Definitely frustrating since about 90% is pretty bad.

Yes, they are horrible. What I do is try to contact the poster, usually with a comment, to let them know. Most don't bother looking at the captions, so they have no clue how bad they are.

I had a friend post a video and I told him to put the CC's on and see how bad they were (he had used automatic function). He went back and did the captions manually.

I do not watch much you tube because of the captions being so bad.... but they can be entertaining ... I generally will watch foreign films on YouTube though and they come with their own subtitles which works around the odd captions. ...

I stopped using the CC on utubes b/c they're so bad ! It can sometime be funny , CC are bad on TV at times too.

Youtube, owned by Google, tried hard. They can try Dragon speech technology in a way.

It's frustrating to watch and sometimes I don't even know whats going on some you tubers caption their own videos I think that is great

For those of you that get a kick out of bad CC, google "bad lip reading" Here is an example. Make sure you activate the CC. Enjoy!

That was way too hilarious. Thanks for a Sunday morning laugh!

Back