Your Name Sign?

mine is N tapped on my chest like for policeman, because my adopted dad was a policeman lol either that or i just spell nick, but not nicholas, my hands get tired too long lol

HeHe

Well it's nothing official but many people have used this sign to refer to me, you raise you hand so the back faces the other person, hold fingers into a fist and erect the middle finger.

:cool2:

Well it's nothing official but many people have used this sign to refer to me, you raise you hand so the back faces the other person, hold fingers into a fist and erect the middle finger.

:cool2:

Yeah, right! :lol:

I pretty much agree with this although it isn't a hard and fast rule. Generally speaking, the sign name isn't given by A deaf person; it's more like a general consensus among many deafies, based on some sort of personal or physical attribute of the hearing person over a length of time. I'd also add, it seems like it would be pretty difficult to assign a name sign for someone here on this forum unless there's something about them that truly stands out and then the sign would probably stay right here in this box and the person would have another sign name IRL.

Only deafies can add to our language culturally and linguistically. Its been this way since our sign languages were first formed. This does not stop at sign names either. Sign names are included, which is partly why only a deafie can give out a sign name.

Mine was given to me by the Deaf friend who taught me my first signs. It's just m-m in neutral space. Some people think it's funny because it reminds them of m&m candy.

Back