Your Name Sign?

How come, Sequias?

HOW CUTE!!!!

Mine is lame....
its the ASL sign for twin..my name is violet and the lady who gave me my sign name thought of flower..so she came up with twin...haha makes no sense i know :p

:ty:
Hey, your sign name's not so bad at all! ;)

My name sign are the initials of my first and last named signed on each shoulder. (First initial is signed on the left shoulder then second initial is signed on the right shoulder.) I was told by the person who gave it to me that it represents my personal strength and self-confidence. I was given this name sign by a Deaf woman I met while in training at my local deafblind center.

My sign name is a "T" tapped twice below the corner of the lip right there on the side chin. :)

G - Tree has no sign name :lol: (I gotta run, my computer's at the death door. Will jump onto my SK3 in a minute)

G - Tree has no sign name :lol: (I gotta run, my computer's at the death door. Will jump onto my SK3 in a minute)

There is a sign for tree. infact depending where exactly in america you are from there are different ones.

There is a sign for tree. infact depending where exactly in america you are from there are different ones.

I know, but G-tree has a sign name but he won't reveal it unfortunately :aw:

I just got a new one two days ago. My sign name is two J's on the chest, kind of like the sign for excited, but only J's because my name starts with J's.

It is interesting to note, especially for hearing people, that the VAST majority of the sign names for hearing people are given to them by the deaf.....

I was told by someone a long time ago that only deaf people can give hearing people signs. I guess kinda like an initiation. I am sure that is a lie but that may explain why most hearing people have recieved thier names by Deaf.

oh nooo.. but yeah, MOST sign names were given by deafies. when I give you one, then that's not lie. ;)

My name sign is the letter K repesenting the first letter of my first name, with the motion like the sign for 'CAT', because first three letter of my last name is cat . Hence, my user name KCat!

To clear up some miss-understandings here, you cannot receive a sign name unless it's from a deaf person. That goes for all: deaf, hoh, hearing, hearing impaired, etc. This is well documented in many books on deaf culture.

It is interesting to note, especially for hearing people, that the VAST majority of the sign names for hearing people are given to them by the deaf.....

For your information, I am deaf :deaf: and I suspect most on here are.

I was told by someone a long time ago that only deaf people can give hearing people signs. I guess kinda like an initiation. I am sure that is a lie but that may explain why most hearing people have recieved thier names by Deaf.

That it's an initiation, per se, yeah, that's slicing da baloney a lil' too thick. :lol: The rest holds pretty true, tho....

To clear up some miss-understandings here, you cannot receive a sign name unless it's from a deaf person. That goes for all: deaf, hoh, hearing, hearing impaired, etc. This is well documented in many books on deaf culture.

I pretty much agree with this although it isn't a hard and fast rule. Generally speaking, the sign name isn't given by A deaf person; it's more like a general consensus among many deafies, based on some sort of personal or physical attribute of the hearing person over a length of time. I'd also add, it seems like it would be pretty difficult to assign a name sign for someone here on this forum unless there's something about them that truly stands out and then the sign would probably stay right here in this box and the person would have another sign name IRL.

Back