• Oral only

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Sign langauge and Oral

Votes: 33 70.2%
  • Sign Langauge only

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
Sign only, unless pen/paper count.

I have to work with all hearies and serve them too. The boss insists on voice. So I am oral for 40 hours a week only and then only when I must. All other time is ASL or writing with a bit of mime thrown in for the hearing dorks who don't seem to be able to read or catch a simple sign. Just makes me wanna pat their liddle rock hard heads.

I voted Sign Language only, because that is my preference and my fighting for my right to do so.

I have to work with all hearies and serve them too. The boss insists on voice. So I am oral for 40 hours a week only and then only when I must. All other time is ASL or writing with a bit of mime thrown in for the hearing dorks who don't seem to be able to read or catch a simple sign. Just makes me wanna pat their liddle rock hard heads.

Love the bolded!!!

this is me as well... with some of my family, I have to be voice on... but I have started trying to go voice off at home (also refusing to lip read!) its been interesting... but I think it is starting to get the picture across.

You sure had a good time bumping threads didn't you?

It's great reading some of them.

yes i sure did. back in 2003 there were tons of asl users members so i saw some interesting questions that i need to bump those threads instead of creating new ones.

thank you for not minding me hehehe

Voted for both despite that I really use ASL 99% of the time. I LOVE IT!!!

yes i sure did. back in 2003 there were tons of asl users members so i saw some interesting questions that i need to bump those threads instead of creating new ones.

thank you for not minding me hehehe

where the hell they go????????? :mad:

I picked Sign Language and Oral because I do speak some of time, most of time it is BSL. My family, hearing people at work with no interpreter there I have to speak (I will sign same time in SSE at work, never my family cos their views about signing).

When interpreter is there I always do BSL 1st option.

When I do speak, it takes long time and I don't get out all stuff I need/want to say and end up bit muddle up.

AD's token hearie checking in!

I speak (oral) with my hearing people.

Use ASL with my deaf people.

Soooo, i'd have to go with option #2.

Back