Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Sign langauge and Oral

Votes: 33 70.2%
  • Sign Langauge only

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters

Nusentinsaino

Reaction score
Im sure this is a repost but i havent seen one here... i checked. So im gonna ask because its an interesting subject for me. Socialogy is a very interesting subject to look upon to... I plan to study it in RIT.

Now the qestion is: Do you use oral only, Both Oral and Sign langauge, or Sign langauge only?

For myself, I only use my oral when im around hearing people... and i use sign langauge only when im around deaf people like my girlfriend for instance. So i use both Oral and Sign Langauge... You?

i voted SL and oral -- i use them at different times

when im around hearies i use my voice when i FEEL like it :-x and mainly use ASL as my primary mode of communication

Im total communicaton person - and use PSE but lately I ve become fluent in ASL so I find myself using ASL more than PSE.

I have a big mouth and oralism is my first choice as far as communication means...however I do use some ASL when necessary. :)

I'm hearing, so I use oral communication nearly exclusively. I do know alittle bit of ASL, and I finger spell to a small degree.

Malfoyish said:
I have a big mouth

I can attest to this fact, because I've heard you yelling at your kids, the pets, ect. You're a loud mouth deafie, for sure!

;)

I use SEE and oral since I am currently in the hearing world. I see deaf people only once every year, and I understand ASL too.

Oceanbreeze said:
I'm hearing, so I use oral communication nearly exclusively. I do know alittle bit of ASL, and I finger spell to a small degree.

that's great that u are picking up on asl!!! keep it up girl!!! i bet you know the dirty signs!!! :naughty: :booty:

Last edited:
Oceanbreeze said:
I can attest to this fact, because I've heard you yelling at your kids, the pets, ect. You're a loud mouth deafie, for sure!

;)

Uh huh, I never denied being so. :) You've heard me swat a certain furry bottom with a broom too.

just like meg.. i am into total communicaton...

i grew up oral... learned asl at a late age... and now fluent in it....
so i use my speech/voice with hearing people like family, colleaques, etc and then when i am amongst the deaf people/community... i use asl...

Malfoyish said:
Uh huh, I never denied being so. :) You've heard me swat a certain furry bottom with a broom too.

Those cats have gotten real familiar with the broom, I take it? :mrgreen:

Oceanbreeze said:

;)

i take it you have heard her over the phone?? eh?

Yes, she's called me a couple of times...and I often have to put her on hold so that I can scream at...something. ;)

I have had to have her identify noises for me...last time, it was the fire alarm. I was cooking. Sheeeeeesh.

Last edited:
FeistyChick said:
that's great that u are picking up on asl!!! keep it up girl!!! i bet you know the dirty signs!!! :naughty: :booty:

Well, I know how to flip someone off. That's universal, I think. :lol:

But, in all seriousness, I also know how to sign...

"bathroom", "cup", "Ily", "pretty/beautiful" , and "world" (I think).

I'm not sure about the sign for world. In all honesty, will this get me far in a convo with deafie? Probably not, but it's a start! My finger spelling really leaves a lot to be desired, though! :giggle:

Fly Free said:
i voted SL and oral -- i use them at different times

when im around hearies i use my voice when i FEEL like it :-x and mainly use ASL as my primary mode of communication

:lol: Sounds about right. You also had a nasty habit of pissing off your Mother because you would turn your HAs off so you couldn't hear her mouth or whatever other offending sounds were around that you didn't want to hear. :giggle:

And, you know what? I like that about you!! You go girl!!!

:rofl:

Oceanbreeze said:
:lol: Sounds about right. You also had a nasty habit of pissing off your Mother because you would turn your HAs off so you couldn't hear her mouth or whatever other offending sounds were around that you didn't want to hear. :giggle:

And, you know what? I like that about you!! You go girl!!!

:rofl:

:rofl: right on Oceangurl!!!! hahahah

im very headstrong and im proud of it! ;)

:hug: Oceangurl!

Malfoyish said:
Yes, she's called me a couple of times...and I often have to put her on hold so that I can scream at...something. ;)

I have had to have her identify noises for me...last time, it was the fire alarm. I was cooking. Sheeeeeesh.

This is true.

I might add... You may want to leave the cooking to Coffeeman. You're dangerous around the stove, dear.

:lol:

FeistyChick said:
just like meg.. i am into total communicaton...

i grew up oral... learned asl at a late age... and now fluent in it....
so i use my speech/voice with hearing people like family, colleaques, etc and then when i am amongst the deaf people/community... i use asl...

Same here, honeyboo.

Grew up in an hearie family, so was oral most of my life...still am...but learned PSE at a late age, am familiar with a bit of ASL...so oftentimes my ASL/PSE gets fractured, but I still get understood.

Im the only deafie working in a company full of hearies, so I use my oral skills.

Oceanbreeze said:
This is true.

I might add... You may want to leave the cooking to Coffeeman. You're dangerous around the stove, dear.

:lol:

Oh, but you know...you can't deny having gotten a kick out of my beating the hell out of the smoke detector...and then the thudding of any and all other objects as they fell off the walls...

Back