You Nazi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
please re-read thread again carefully.

"no but it is very convincing.

makes me wonder why do protestors always use "Nazi" reference especially in this case because it's other way around."

this show that you feel Hitler was right! "no but it is very convincing." Your own words! I read it very carefully! If you want to be rich get off your ass and and do something about it and stop trying to spread more hate! Do have any idea what was done to the Jewish people , they where not just gassed to death ! do a little research on the Holocaust!

We should be blaming Reagan, Clinton, Bush and now Obama for this problem.

Yep. It all goes back to Reagan. It just sickens me the way he is held up as some god in republican circles. People think Bush II was the worst US president, but it is, in fact, Reagan. It is the policies Reagan set in place that have got us where we are today. This crisis is not the result of the last ten years, but of the last thirty. It all begins with Reagan and his bullshit trickle down, deregulation policies.

I've been trying to decide what to do with this thread. I could certainly not read it but decided to read it so now I live with what I read.

I disagree with the use of "Nazi" being thrown around indiscriminately to label people who have done wrongs, maybe even great wrongs - but not genocidal. I know full well what it means and what it really stands for.

I have been in various protests and would not personally hold a sign comparing any current U.S. figure or institution to a Nazi.

I also disagree with the tired old correlation between Jews and money/control/Wall Street. I know there are people who happen to be Jewish who are in powerful positions as individuals in many places in the financial sector. But to take that and then go "Jews control everything" is a dangerous path to go down. Jewish people were also hurt by the banking fiasco.

and TheWriteAlex is right - Jews are both a people/culture and a religion <I did not put "race"> . In the Torah we refer to "the people Israel" and the diaspora.

I've been trying to decide what to do with this thread. I could certainly not read it but decided to read it so now I live with what I read.

I disagree with the use of "Nazi" being thrown around indiscriminately to label people who have done wrongs, maybe even great wrongs - but not genocidal. I know full well what it means and what it really stands for.

I have been in various protests and would not personally hold a sign comparing any current U.S. figure or institution to a Nazi.

I also disagree with the tired old correlation between Jews and money/control/Wall Street. I know there are people who happen to be Jewish who are in powerful positions as individuals in many places in the financial sector. But to take that and then go "Jews control everything" is a dangerous path to go down. Jewish people were also hurt by the banking fiasco.

and TheWriteAlex is right - Jews are both a people/culture and a religion <I did not put "race"> . In the Torah we refer to "the people Israel" and the diaspora.

Thank you, Dogmom. That's exactly what I was trying to get at. A lot (probably the majority) of hate towards Jewish people is not just aimed at Judaism; it targets the entire Jewish ethnicity, which includes but is not limited to its religion. Someone just wanted to mince words.

Jiro, when you move into the Jewish banking conspiracy camp, you're joining some nut job conspiracy theorists. Just saying.

My point above is that historically Jewish Americans have not had great policitcal power. Jewish U.S. presidents, anyone? Wealthy men who had great political power have been white Christians. Did you sleep through American History 102?

Don't most powerful people do things behind the scene??

Yes. That would be the Morgans, the Rockefellers, etc.

The proof is in the history books. Historians work with original documentation. Some Ph.D. somewhere has the proof.

I suppose those documents are stored somewhere. Library of Congress?

If you have to ask . . .

You're the one that made the statement. Are we supposed to take things at your word? I think not!

since you made the statement.. where are the proof to back up what you are saying?

excellent post. thank you for an intellectual reply. this is exactly what I'm looking for.

An intellectual discussion on this ignorant subject that is undoubtedly difficult to talk about objectively in order to understand why we have this powerful unexplainable force that caused us to blurt out anti-semitic or nazi remarks unconsciously when it does not correspond with topic at hand.

example - Mel Gibson. this protestor at Wall Street holding up "NAZI BANKERS".

Jiro, when you move into the Jewish banking conspiracy camp, you're joining some nut job conspiracy theorists. Just saying.

My point above is that historically Jewish Americans have not had great policitcal power. Jewish U.S. presidents, anyone? Wealthy men who had great political power have been white Christians. Did you sleep through American History 102?
You might want to check on that... It doesn't have to be just U.S. President. There are plenty of powerful positions that are much more influential and impacting than U.S. President position.

we have.... Former NY Governor and NY Attorney General Elliot Spitzer. NY Mayor Bloomberg. Albert Einstein. Steven Spielberg. Senator Lieberman. Israeli PM Binyamin Netanyahu. U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke. White House Chief of Staff (Obama) Rahm Emanuel. Google Founder Sergey Brin. U.S. Supreme Court Judge Ruth Ginsburg. Facebook Founder Mark Zuckerberg. Oracle Founder Larry Ellison.

All above have great influence and/or political power.

interesting comments -
Bishop Desmond Tutu of South Africa, who was awarded the 1984 Nobel Peace Prize, has candidly identified the reason: "The is placed on a pedestal [in the US], and to criticize it is to be immediately dubbed anti-Semitic," he said. "People are scared in this country, to say wrong is wrong because the Jewish lobby is powerful - very powerful."

Bishop Tutu spoke the truth. Although Jews make up only about three percent of the US population, they wield immense power and influence vastly more than any other ethnic or religious group.

"It makes no sense at all to try to deny the reality of Jewish power and prominence in popular culture." -- Michael Medved, well-known Jewish author and respected film critic.

Not only that but what about those that are hidden but possibly controlling president and others in power by using money as "donation" or etc????

Yep. It all goes back to Reagan. It just sickens me the way he is held up as some god in republican circles. People think Bush II was the worst US president, but it is, in fact, Reagan. It is the policies Reagan set in place that have got us where we are today. This crisis is not the result of the last ten years, but of the last thirty. It all begins with Reagan and his bullshit trickle down, deregulation policies.

:lol:

Carter gave us the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 That is where it starts. Gave us the first dereg act too. With an assist by Mr. St Germain

http://www.bos.frb.org/about/pubs/deposito.pdf

Reagan saved us from an almost Obama sized mess. If not for the push for homeownership by Clinton and Bush we wouldn't have this mess.

Blaming Reagan for this is like blaming Henry Ford for drunk drivers.

Jiro, you're right, there are many Jews in positions of power but those people you've listed, they are just some of the many many many powerful people out there. And of course it makes no sense to deny Jewish power and prominence in culture, they ARE a part of culture. But guess what, white people also have power and prominence. It's very easy to lump Jews together into a large group and say "well, doesn't this look like a lot to you?" So what? So freaking what. Nobody blinks if white men dominates the majority but should Jews happen to exercise and flex their power, it's like "well, well, isn't this interesting."

""It makes no sense at all to try to deny the reality of Jewish power and prominence in popular culture." -- Michael Medved, well-known Jewish author and respected film critic. "

Of course there is Jewish power and prominence in popular culture. Some of the best writers, musicians, mathematicians, artists, thinkers, radicals, philosophers in America are Jewish and imagine American culture without them.

Jews have had a huge influence on culture in Europe for the past two hundred years. Germany was a backwoods uncultivated country two hundred years ago and it was its Jewish population with their love of books, literature, music, the arts who elevated Germany to a more cultural sophisticated society.

I read this book two years ago and it's one of the most educational books I've ever read and I was profoundly embarrassed that such a huge influence and contribution to European culture as we know it today thanks to its Jewish citizens was never acknowledged in my history major program.

If anyone's interested, it's called "The Pity of it All", I got it at the bookstore of the Jewish Museum in Berlin, it's written by Amos Elon.

Not only that but what about those that are hidden but possibly controlling president and others in power by using money as "donation" or etc????

you watch too much movies :cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back