XBox Live and Wireless router

KristinaB

Emotional Mess
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to connect to XBox Live via router without having to use an ethernet cable?

My son has been trying but can't seem to figure it out. Right now, he either plays without the Live feature, or today he has plugged it all in, in my room with the ethernet cable hooked up to my D-Link router.

If there is a way, can someone explain how to get it set up or what I need to do. Thanks in advance.

Do not near microwave oven can jam your xbox360 controller.

Avoid 7 items:
Microwave ovens
Cordless phones
Wireless routers
Chrome faceplates
Metal dividers
Shelves
Doors on an entertainment center cabinet

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Problems | Disconnects or Cannot Connect - Xbox.com

Okay - from what I see, that link provides info about a controller not working. That's not the problem. The XBox and controllers were a good 4 feet away from the router when in my room. Currently it is now back in the living room, on the floor, next to the TV cabinet that it's been next to for the last 6 months or so since we bought it. We have never had a problem with the controller.

What I want to know is:
Can the XBox Live work with WiFi access? My router will be in a different room. The netbook and the DSiXL's work with this set up.

If it will not work with the WiFi access Should I get a 25-50 ft ethernet cable to run from one room to the next and cause a tripping hazard?

If it will run with WiFi access, how do I set it up? I have a D-Link DIR-615 router.

Xbox 360 Wi-Fi - Connect Xbox 360 Game Consoles to a Wireless Router for Xbox Live

But, I don't know if your xbox360 is new as black case for 2011 slim model does work with Wi-Fi access.

If old white xbox360 model was not good as like "three ring of death".

that old white xbox360 need add Wi-Fi adapter kit. like that pic
is-your-xbox-360-messing-with-your-wifi-and-other-24ghz-products.jpg

wifi-adapter-415.jpg

shop at Best Buy: http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/959...work-adapter-for-xbox-360-reviews/reviews.htm (for old white xbox360 only, not new slim xbox360)

It is black XBox 360 Elite. 120 GB. We bought a refurbished unit. It has worked wonderfully well.

Picture 17.jpg

Wait a min! you said "refurbished"? oh uh, do u have a warranty? if wi-fi access does not work. better return it back and refund. I never buy any refurbished items. I alway buy brand new item with warranty.

Back