Wyndtell..

e

Reaction score
Wyndtell Complaints

Is it gonna out of business?

It's worse -real bad-. I have wyndtell for over 3 or 4 years and then it started gettin bad service and customer service since almost a year. I had trouble with recieving messages from friends lately and then somehow 2 days ago the radio was OFF and still is even though bills were paid in time. I called and complained and they were like "maybe you put the battery in wrong way, try change it and I'll call you or e-mail you in 3 days from now". WTF? The battery was the same for over 2 weeks and it was the friggin radio, not the battery. I think it's probably gonna out of business. I'm gonna cancel it sometime soon if I don't hear from them.

Anyone have any clue if it's actually gonna out of business?

I've noticed that they've been doing bad lately. That's why I'm thinking about going for Agotel soon... if I get money, that is!

No...Wyndtell is merging with DeafWireless since last year. I wonder if the merging business stays strong because many Deaf customers are dissatisfied with Wyndtell services.

I heard many horror stories about Wyndtell services and how Wyndtell ripped off the customers. They should know better that SOME of Deaf people are not that rich. They added unnecessary prices. The prices are outrageous. I am glad that I never buy any products from Wyndtell.

For me, I prefer to buy any wireless products from hearing dealers like Tmobile, Radio Shack, etc.. it is the best way.

e, if you want to cancel the services, you can do that. Just find out what it will charge for you to break the contract and so forth. Good luck.

:barf: at Wyndtell.

Oddball said:
No...Wyndtell is merging with DeafWireless since last year. I wonder if the merging business stays strong because many Deaf customers are dissatisfied with Wyndtell services.

I heard many horror stories about Wyndtell services and how Wyndtell ripped off the customers. They should know better that SOME of Deaf people are not that rich. They added unnecessary prices. The prices are outrageous. I am glad that I never buy any products from Wyndtell.

For me, I prefer to buy any wireless products from hearing dealers like Tmobile, Radio Shack, etc.. it is the best way.

e, if you want to cancel the services, you can do that. Just find out what it will charge for you to break the contract and so forth. Good luck.

:barf: at Wyndtell.
I hear they charge you $250 for canceling your contract. Damn those contracts! :fu2:

Yes, I know. Thats why I refuse to buy Wyndtell stuff after reading the fine print on them. Forget it. You are right...

:madfawk: at Wyndtell.

e said:
Is it gonna out of business?

It's worse -real bad-. I have wyndtell for over 3 or 4 years and then it started gettin bad service and customer service since almost a year. I had trouble with recieving messages from friends lately and then somehow 2 days ago the radio was OFF and still is even though bills were paid in time. I called and complained and they were like "maybe you put the battery in wrong way, try change it and I'll call you or e-mail you in 3 days from now". WTF? The battery was the same for over 2 weeks and it was the friggin radio, not the battery. I think it's probably gonna out of business. I'm gonna cancel it sometime soon if I don't hear from them.

Anyone have any clue if it's actually gonna out of business?

I think my girlfriend got the same problem as you got. I text'ed her this morning and she recieved it after three hours.

VamPyroX said:
I've noticed that they've been doing bad lately. That's why I'm thinking about going for Agotel soon... if I get money, that is!

Correct me if I am wrong but Agotel is using Wyndtell/Deafwireless' service.

kevbo said:
I think my girlfriend got the same problem as you got. I text'ed her this morning and she recieved it after three hours.

Correct me if I am wrong but Agotel is using Wyndtell/Deafwireless' service.
Agotel and Deafwireless are based on the same server... 2way.net, but Deafwireless is based on Wyndtell's contract. Agotel and Deafwireless has better range than Wyndtell does, but using Deafwireless, you'll have to abide by Wyndtell's policies. Most of my friends who use Agotel have no problem, Deafwireless have little problem, and Wyntell have huge problems.

VamPyroX said:
Agotel and Deafwireless are based on the same server... 2way.net, but Deafwireless is based on Wyndtell's contract. Agotel and Deafwireless has better range than Wyndtell does, but using Deafwireless, you'll have to abide by Wyndtell's policies. Most of my friends who use Agotel have no problem, Deafwireless have little problem, and Wyntell have huge problems.

just get a pager from one of the major wireless service providers. ATT, tmobile. etc... their wireless is much better than GoAmerica's network, Wyndtell's parent company.

My sister works for DeafNation.com and she has told me how much trouble she had with Wyndtell 3 years ago and now she's with Tmobile and using the SK and she's fully satisfied with the services Tmobile provides. The only glitch with SK and Tmobile is sometimes the transmission goes out of range - which happens from time to time...not too often, though.
*sigh* Still am awaiting news about Tmobile getting into Australia so I can get one myself. :roll:

I personally believe that if the service provider is not giving satisfactory results, then they are in effect breaking their contract with their customers. You, as a customer, signed a contract which they promised you they would provide the services. If they fail to do their part, then they broke the contract, not you. That's how I see it.

If Wyndtell will not let you off easy, all you need to do is to report the problems to BBB.org.. Click HERE for more info and evaluation on Wynd by BBB.org. Also, another way to do it is to look for class action lawsuits, IF ANY, filed against Wyndtell and contact the lawyers involved. I don't know how to check on that. If there is such class action suit, then you better apply to be part of it and you could get better service or a good monetary return. I could contact my local Deaf center for legal advice about this. If I find out more info, I will be sure to post it here!

Anyone who is familiar with lawsuits against bad services, please share your comments here!

Here's what BBB says:

BBB Neutrality
The BBB does not take sides in a dispute. The BBB works to facilitate communication between the company and the consumer, to help both sides come to a satisfactory resolution to the complaint.
In many cases, dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration, may be available to help resolve the dispute.

Approach the Company First
If you haven't already attempted to resolve your complaint directly with the company, we suggest that you bring your concerns to the attention of the owner or manager. If you are still not satisfied after contacting the company we will be glad to try to assist you.

Complaints the BBB Handles
The BBB can handle the following complaints involving marketplace activities:
Misleading Advertising.
Improper Selling Practices.
Non-delivery of Goods or Services.
Misrepresentation.
Unhonored Guarantees or Warranty.
Unsatisfactory Service.
Credit/billing Problems.
Unfulfilled Contracts.
The above complaints are handled by the local Better Business Bureau where the company is located.

Complaints the BBB Doesn't Handle
The BBB does not handle complaints about the following:
Employment Practices.
Discrimination.
The Prices Charged for Goods or Services (unless they involve misrepresentation.)
BBBs will not process anonymous complaints. Complainants must provide their names, addresses and phone numbers. Generally, the Better Business Bureau does not handle cases already involved in litigation.

http://complaints.bbb.org/Welcome.asp

It's nice to know a place where we can file our complaints with and get it ironed out and so forth. :thumb:

I've never filed a complaint against anything I've not had any problems with...except this one that is coming up next month in regards of my employment status with the company I was with for nearly 5 years.

VamPyroX said:
I hear they charge you $250 for canceling your contract. Damn those contracts! :fu2:

Yes, You are correct. I was cancelled Wyndtell contract. I was end up to pay 725 dollars to Wyndtell company. I was so upset. I paid if off then I order Agotel in Maryland. It is much cheaper than Wyndtel.

Negative is about not receiviable in my hometown due to country. I had to put my pager on higher level like on the top of Frigtor or Computer desk. I did receive most of the messages. Weird ! :crazy: Technology System !!

I heard Blackberry new pager cost 50 dollars per month include emails from your work and home. You need to download from your computer into your pager. It is awesome because I almost never home. I work two jobs. I am not really addicting to the emails. I did prefer people who pager me as urgent messages while I am not home.

Where I work at night, it was awesome receivable due to city. :-o

Deaf258 said:
The Better Business Bureau that will handle your complaint is:

BBB of the Tri-Counties
PO Box 129
Santa Barbara, CA 93102
Phone: (805)963-8657
Fax: (805)962-8557
Email: info@santabarbara.bbb.org
WWW: http://www.santabarbara.bbb.org

========================

Thanks so much Deaf258. I had not chance to search for that city in California to contact with Better Business Bureau to complain about Wyndtell. I feel that it is ripping off when I was end up to pay them 725 dollars because I broke the contract. I was not happy with their service because the phone was constantly ringing for about 45 mins to reach the technology or bill department. I was so frustrated to contact with Wyndtel Co. Sigh... I was end up victim to pay them 725 dollars. If not... they will destroy my credit history.

I am cherish my credit history ! I was stuck with Wyndtell for a year and half. Sigh.. I am so happy to have a new pager with Agotel.

www.agotel.com

I agree with you, Deaf258. They never replied my two e-mails a couple of months ago to help me out, and my radio is still off for past a few days. They've warned me on the phone if I wanted to cancel it and fine me for breaking contract. It was them who broke my contract! I'm not gonna pay 5x or 6x more than what I paid for nothing. I'll send them no $ and a complaint letter.
Thanks for info on Best Business Brueau.

Several friends of mine complained about deafwireless service, I didn't really ask them why. I don't know much about it but I heard it wasn't that good.

I've thought about getting a sidekick but the only thing I need is e-mail service like wyndtell, nothing else. I just don't want a pager that have to be charge everyday if I need it on all day.
Anyone knows of good pagers that are like wyndtell- just e-mail and no internet service, etc?

e said:
I agree with you, Deaf258. They never replied my two e-mails a couple of months ago to help me out, and my radio is still off for past a few days. They've warned me on the phone if I wanted to cancel it and fine me for breaking contract. It was them who broke my contract! I'm not gonna pay 5x or 6x more than what I paid for nothing. I'll send them no $ and a complaint letter.
Thanks for info on Best Business Brueau.

Several friends of mine complained about deafwireless service, I didn't really ask them why. I don't know much about it but I heard it wasn't that good.

I've thought about getting a sidekick but the only thing I need is e-mail service like wyndtell, nothing else. I just don't want a pager that have to be charge everyday if I need it on all day.
Anyone knows of good pagers that are like wyndtell- just e-mail and no internet service, etc?

Hi e

deafwireless is sort of like Agoel. I am using it right now for six months so far. I like it alot. My friends have sidekick. It is very fragile which is breakable easily and hardly to read with very smaller text. Plug it overnight to re-charge battery. It is pain in the butts. I prefer to use the battery.

I was told that most teachers at Deaf School got the BlackBerry pagers. They love it every moment but bigger size than wyndtell, 2way.net and sidekick.

I would keep Agoel until the technology improve. :)

Wyndtell's radio is always down for any reason. Yesterday, I couldn't recieve messages on time, I recieved them several hours later. Some I don't receive at all. . . Wyndtell sucks. I am looking for another wireless service. Any suggestions??

RE: Breaking contract must pay $250 - $700 + I think I'm gonna faint!

<-- Sidekick user

Back