WWIII has begin?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by dark, Nov 23, 2010.

1. dark

dark New Member

source with redirect;
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6AM0YS20101123

another source with redirect;
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11818840

/Discuss!

2. Steinhauer

Steinhauer Well-Known Member

They should have just left MacArthur alone :roll:

No, its not WWIII it is the never ending war between N. Korea and S. Korea. It is still a war because peace was never established (just a truce).

3. Jiro

Jiro If You Know What I Mean Premium Member

paranoid much, dark?

4. craigm26

craigm26 New Member

:gpost:

Cooler heads will prevail. Obviously, there's some communication issues.

<still murkey about who fired first or the source of origin for aggression...could S. Korea because it's been claimed they did test shots or were holding military exercise...hold the phone on calling up troops>

5. Banjo

Banjo Expelled Premium Member

Well, they were still at war but they ceased fire decades ago. It's nothing new. Although the government of South Korea did say there would be consequences... we'll have to wait and see.

World War III? Well, that's jumping the gun.

6. Dixie

Dixie Farting Snowflakes Premium Member

If nothing it will just be the 2nd half of Korean War, no WWIII.

7. Jiro

SK notified NK about military test drill. NK fired about 100 rounds. SK fired back with about 80 rounds.

IMO - SK shouldn't have fired back at all. They should exercise with extreme restraint and let the world do the scorning and finger-pointing at NK for an act of aggression.

8. craigm26

craigm26 New Member

source please? couldn't find anything short and sweet like what you wrote...

SK shouln't have fired back...you're right about that...but I'm curious what happened between

"SK notifed NK about military test drill." And "NK fired about 100 rounds".

I wonder what the rules of conducting a military test drill are...and whether S. Korea/N. Korea violated them or the test conditions... and/or fired first?

9. Jiro

I always lol at some SK politicians screaming for retaliation or similar harsher action. It's just a tiny minority of political party with extremist view but unfortunately influential. It's no different from Zionists who constantly pushes for ironfist strategy on Palestine.

10. LinuxGold

LinuxGold New Member

SK fired back in act of self-defense.

11. Jiro

check any news site. I got mine from CNN - frontpage.

After North Korean strike, South Korean leader threatens 'retaliation' - CNN.com
    and then...

:zzz:

same ole' same ole' fingerpointing game... nothing new... nothing to see in here... give it another couple days and this will be in Page 9... next to "CBF" section. :cool2:

12. Jiro

this is funny... NK didn't like how SK conducted its military drill? well gee.... remember NK conducted its military drill last year? the one where NK launched test missile which flew over Japan? what a hypocrite.

13. craigm26

craigm26 New Member

:gpost:

influence of politicians are different from each country because they may have different systems of representation. In US two major parties. France...like 20 minor but almost all "equally" represented.

14. Jiro

It only take a few influential, loud-spoken politicians to rouse up some feathers. It's very easy for them to take advantage of any incidents like this by painting other politicians as "unpatriotic" or "weak coward" for acting with restraint and they baited n' trolled them into launching war out of fear of being out of job by election.

Remember what Swift Boat veterans did to John Kerry? yea that cost him an election big time.

I feel sorry for SK President being forced to take hard stance on it just to appease angry people. :roll:

however.... the current SK President Lee Myung-Bak is the worst. He has a nickname - RAT since his face looks like a rat. The allegation was said that he had the previous SK President killed. My mom cried when she heard the sudden news about former SK President Roh Moo-Hyun suddenly committing suicide. He was a very very good president... the only president in decades to ever visit NK.

Most Korean people including my parents can't wait for Lee Myung-Bak to leave. He's extremely corrupted. He makes Kennedy Assassination looks like a classic Halloween story.... and he makes Bush/Cheney looks like a copycat. When President Lee arrived at former President Roh's funeral.... nobody stood up for him out of respect. They faced away from him. They knew Lee was involved in Roh's death.

Embarrassing.

15. craigm26

craigm26 New Member

Doesn't help to have a President such as this residing over this conflict isn't as even-keeled as the prior President. I heard good things about the previous Pres. and bad things about the current Pres. I sincerely hope that changes and peace ensues.

Here's to multi-lateral talks.

16. Jiro

nope.... nope.... I don't know when his term expires but I hope anytime soon!!! He's caused nothing but trouble. At the same time - he's made a certain group of companies and people extremely rich.

17. authentic

authentic Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Look...he's smiling.

Let me get my popcorn ready.

18. Chevy57

Chevy57 Sherlock Hound Premium Member

:Ohno:

19. dark

dark New Member

Haha, no. I were wondering if its possible to begin WWIII since middle east countries doesn't getting along, and twin stubborn koreas butthead each others, and also Asia started to sending 36k soldiers which is suspicious. :hmm:

20. craigm26

craigm26 New Member

What's your definition of a world war?

Is it currently happening?

Countries do "suspicious" behavior all the time. I'm not sure what you mean by "Asia started to sending 36k soldiers"...Not sure why this would be relevant in determining an increased risk of a "world war". There's a lot we (the public) don't know...so let's hope the information is flowing between the decision-makers and not making bad decisions on imperfect information.