WVSDB- Using SEE?

I didn't mean to stir anything up. I'm genuinely trying to learn about what would be best for my daughter. I've not been able to find any other deaf people in our area. I don't know asl. I'm watching signing time, learning signs from asl pro and lifeprint, and from early intervention. The school doesn't have any classes until fall. So what I'm worried about is that even though I have a long list of words I can sign, I don't know asl, so I'm signing English. I do believe it is her right to have asl as her first language. I don't know how to make that happen. Our ei teacher is from the school and signs English as well. I appreciate all the help she's giving, but would hate for my kid to have to learn what should have been her first language later. I hope this makes sense... Any help is greatly appreciated.

IMHO, I think that you're doing the right thing by giving her Signs although they're not in grammartical order......it's buying you time.....it's only a few more months til you can learn ASL.
Maybe a good idea might be to contact WVSDB's alumni association or the WV Associaiton of the Deaf and see if there's anyone near you who could serve as a language mentor.

sorry reading
I will edit on repost

PSE is very problem on not enough on unclear to straight to misleading deaf/hoh community. teacher TA faulter to spoken to parenting doesn't work clear to communication to SEE affect to me. I clear to 100% understood ASL perfect no problem I am fine, I am very strong advise communication and ASL more easy ASL research, people pursued to SEE cause screw up people you confused, mistake, I know people rare, deaf people know issues hard problem have mind level low. it is very serious. It is very lots of problem on situation community ASL and ESL . I notice to people! I can't blame to people or whom, no choice no reason.I know people who teach me better focus ASL and SEE.. I am strictly ASL better. I know AGBELL is very serious more risk it is complication. I know careful avoid!

I afraid people lots of misunderstand frustrated grammar cause burden communication SEE is very didn't help communication my perception, I am very experience notice SEE is very high doubt problem, people frustrated to behavior theory. It is see influence SEE. it is serious big deal SEE as well I know SEE and ASL. I can best figure out testing to my experience study lots of ASL and SEE
it is edit on reposts

Back