• Green

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 44 86.3%
  • Brown

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters
Roadrunner said:
Prefer to eat yellowish bananas...although, I'll use brownish ones for baking a banana bread or banana bars....

:applause: ME TOO!! LOL

Green bananas.. (eww).. its not ready ripe.. try to put in microwave? hehe.. I rather not to.. to eat ratioactive bananas.. :giggle:

i voted YELLOW Banana... i do like green banana once in while if i am in mood for it!

i can't stand with brown banana... throw them away or unless i need them for something to make like roadrunner/bullymom says !

sometimes ,i put green bananas under the lamp ... keep it SUNNY over it til YELLOWISH!!! quick ...

Sometimes, i put yellow banana in freezer.. for one hour.. then eating COLD banana!! yummy

TOF

yellow!!!!!!!!!!!!

mom use brownish for baking banana breads or pudding. *blinks* still taste good... *shrugs*

Being the board’s resident banana connoisseur, I can assure you that the only proper time to eat a banana is when the banana is yellow.

Levonian said:
Being the board’s resident banana connoisseur, I can assure you that the only proper time to eat a banana is when the banana is yellow.
I think it's fairly rude to encourage people to eat bananas when they're chicken. ;)

I vote Yellow Banana... If turn to brown , I don't want climb up the tree . Do you know why ( yellow turn to brown)? And also I am afraid if I eat banana too much and I don't want act like Monkey... EH EH :P

speaking of bananas...my husband eats the sliced bananas with brown sugar...weird.

I like 'em yellow...

But we buy them green, let them sit for a couple days...eat them when they're yellow...but you know how it is...usually they're sitting around longer than you'd planned for them to be - and then they turn brown. When that happens, I either cut them up for cereal or trash them...

Uhhh...I guess you're supposed to throw out the blackened ones? ;)

I voted yellow. If its a little spotty with brown that's ok, I just cut it off =X

It depends. If I am eatting a banana on ice cream I prefer yellow. If I am eatting a banana by itself, I prefer yellow/brown. The more brown, the more sweet. If the banana is full brown, I use it for baking banana bread. I only like green bananas if they are cooked. I loved the bananas fried and served with honey when I was in Ecuador. I saw how they grow the bananas on the plantations. It was neat. They grew the bunches right in the plastic bags, ready to harvest. On the street in town you could buy a full bunch for 5 cents (and sometimes get back change)! Of course, that was 1970, and things were cheaper then, ha, ha.

Reba said:
On the street in town you could buy a full bunch for 5 cents (and sometimes get back change)! Of course, that was 1970, and things were cheaper then, ha, ha.

Ah that time was when i was 4 yrs old. lol. that was too cheap for a bunch of bananas.

anyway i like yellowish one but i can eat 'em with little or more brown spots whatever u can call.

my mom's southern bananas pudding(brown banana) is still the best !

I voted "yellow". I actually like it best when it has a very slight green, then to yellow because of its firmness and taste before the ripe stage. :mrgreen:

Roadrunner said:
Prefer to eat yellowish bananas...although, I'll use brownish ones for baking a banana bread or banana bars....
Same here! I make them every other week and my parents gets my half. :giggle:

downing said:
speaking of bananas...my husband eats the sliced bananas with brown sugar...weird.

well, it ain't weird.. it just food.. haha.. so i use to slice bananas *2 ripes* in bowl , add sugar , add milk.. like as cereal.. nothing grain or oats or wheat in it! just banana, sugar, milk.. it good! yummy.. haha

TOF

I like my bananas to be slightly green. I prefer that taste. Green bananas are also good for digestive illnesses.

Back