Would this be 'normal'??

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am considering buying a small desktop size Christmas tree to put in our little room that my DD and I share. I'll get some lights and some ornaments for it, and then we can put a couple of presents under it for each other. Then on Christmas morning we can have our own little Christmas - just me and her.

We've never had this and I thought about it last year but I wasn't able to get a table top Christmas tree.

It might not be much, but maybe, just maybe, we might have a little something for ourselves.

Is this normal? Thoughts?

Why not? We have a separate celebration than the whole larger family. I think most people do. :)

I think that's quite quaint, Dixie and I hope you do this very good idea!

We have always done this. "our" family does Christmas by ourselves then later in the day, the whole family gets together. I love having the alone time with my children before all the chaos.

I think it's sweet! Great idea. And being normal is overrated!

Sounds like a charming idea, the start of a new family tradition, and I fully endorse it. :)

Absolutely good idea!

And, I believe I have one I could send to you. Between my honey and I, we have 2 full-size trees and I believe a desktop sized one. Let me go check -- if we have it, can I mail it to you?

I would put together Xmas tree in the dumpsters if I was homeless...

:wave:

have a Merry Christmas!

:angel:

Fuzzy

Your girl will love it and will always remember the memories with you. great idea!

im the fifth baby, and my 4 siblings went out with their friends. so mom and i, first she did painted white on the leaveless tiny tree and we put the blue lights on it. it was a great memory. i had no idea where did my parents took the tiny tree with no leaves. but its all matter is sharing the x mas memory. :)

it was only 5 minutes but i had always remembered the memories with mom.

Last edited:
It will be abnormal for not having any x-mas tree at all to share with you and DD on special x-mas day.

I used to have a small siliver desktop tree that I used for my daughter and I when I was living with roommates whom I had problems with. I have a pic of myself and her with the tree in the background. I dont know what happened to it.

I think it sounds wonderful and very personal. I think you not only have an idea for this Christmas but maybe started a brand new Christmas tradition.

Absolutely good idea!

And, I believe I have one I could send to you. Between my honey and I, we have 2 full-size trees and I believe a desktop sized one. Let me go check -- if we have it, can I mail it to you?

How big is it? I don't need a huge tree. Just something to sit on my desk and just big enough for a couple of presents. Also, I would be willing to at least pay for the shipping so you won't have to spend a lot to send it here.

Back