World Cup Soccer 2010!!!

Why is soccer not called football when you are playing the ball with your foot?!?!

American Football makes NO sense at all. It should be something like huddleball or something.

Wirelessly posted

netrox said:
Why is soccer not called football when you are playing the ball with your foot?!?!

American Football makes NO sense at all. It should be something like huddleball or something.

Europeans call American football "girly rugby."

Australian rules football that meaning rugby. Why is it not called football?

Australian rules football that meaning rugby. Why is it not called football?

Australian Rules Football is very different from Rugby and Rugby League.

I don't understand Australian Rules Football because it looks like they are playing a combine of volleyball, handball and football etc.

But I do call football as in Rugby or Rugby League.

Anyway back to the topic... good luck who ever becomes the Champion of World Cup Soccer 2010. :)

greatshot.jpg

I never was a big fan of soccer but my neighbor
(from England) got me interested in it, so much
that I ended up buying a game for my PS2!:)
When you get into it, you find out it's a great sport!
I do plan on watching a game or two before it ends.

FIFAstandings.jpg

Source: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched Netherlands come back to beat Brazil 2-1 with Snejder's two goals. Brazil had to play with ten men after one of their best defensive players, Melo got red carded for intentionally stamping on Robben's thigh in 73th minute of the game.

They will face Uruguay or Ghana in one of two semi-final games this Tuesday.

Germany destroyed Argentina 4-0. Argentina clearly got confused by Germans' 1-3-2-4 format and was unable to stop their tricky offense.

Spain-Paraguay game was exciting. It was scoreless until David Villa scored at the 85th minute of game. It means no more pics of a hot and sexy busty Paraguayan chick for now at least. :(

lol Canadians barely play American Football. It's one of the least popular sports here. There was a poll here last summer about the most enrolled sports for kids/teens etc, Football was the least popular and Soccer was on top. The poll was for an article on whether or not we should have a pro Football or Soccer team. Ottawa's a big Soccer city.

Back to World Cup talk, I'm bummed I was wrong for once on my prediction. Grrr Germany why did you get outplayed? I'm rooting for Holland on Sunday.

I root for Spain to kick Dutch's (__y__).

Torres and Silva run forward. Dutch defense can not stop them.

Can't believe Germany lost yesterday... so good I didn't get to see it! I'm always anxious and I hate that... LOL.

Netherlands will have to play fast and forward. If they don't... they won't win this... Let's see how this plays out...

Spain have lost twice only since 2008 if my memory serves me correctly. :shock:

Netherlands have won 27 or 28 straight games.

It is going to be a great match between these teams!

Can't believe Germany lost yesterday... so good I didn't get to see it! I'm always anxious and I hate that... LOL.

Netherlands will have to play fast and forward. If they don't... they won't win this... Let's see how this plays out...

Trust me..the FIFA has some really bad officials and Germany got "cheated" out of a free kick at the 45th minute. If the foul had been called and Germany scored, the second half would have been totally different.

I'm glad Brazil isn't in World Cup Final. Yay! I'm root for Spain.

Back