Wood-burning stove

I wasn't thinking because last October and November I tend to start fire too fast. I am good at starting fire with just one match, few newspapers and kindle that is it. I do not need gas or keresone or even diesel to start fire. That is when I solve problem with start up by start it slowly and it works.

This one is somewhat different but relatively still, it happens when I reload when it is close to dies down. (As if running stove 24/7) I left door open to kindle the fire, I ran into that problem. Now it makes more sense to me. grin

Thumbs up!

I wasn't thinking when I wrote this. :roll: Building a fire too quickly doesn't create a vaccum. I meant to say too much smoke, up to a point.

Highly recommended? It really depends, they are not very cheap but cheap enough to switch from oil to pellet yes.

For those who have free access or know how, and got equipment to get firewood, then firewood is better than pellets. The only difference between firewood and pellet is "WORK" Yes, to get free firewood it involves work.

I would eventually retire from woodstove when Im too old to do the dirty work.

I had wood burning stove, but when I bought wood pellet/corn stove, never went back.

Quality Pellet and Multi-fuel Stoves | St. Croix Genuine Stoves

highly recommended.

Here, my home weird!! Last Oct I paid half 250-Gallons of heat oil since to now so I will be calling to oil company come filling up half gallons to my home next week! :D :D Also i used fireplace as well

Highly recommended? It really depends, they are not very cheap but cheap enough to switch from oil to pellet yes.

For those who have free access or know how, and got equipment to get firewood, then firewood is better than pellets. The only difference between firewood and pellet is "WORK" Yes, to get free firewood it involves work.

I would eventually retire from woodstove when Im too old to do the dirty work.

Yes I still recommend it, very efficient on keeping fire at constant temperature, since the fuel input is controlled. Fuels might be free for you, but I am very optimistic guy. I like to use the resource more efficiently.

One bag of pellet/corn can last up to 2 days with auto auger feeding, depending on feed rate, 2-5 bucks a bag. For folks without land of woods, bundle of firewood can cost same, and only will last for 4-8 hours (unless you have those 1800's wood-fired central oven).

One guy in my town collects saw dusts around town, and uses rabbit food maker to make wooden pellets. You'd be surprised how much pellets you can get from bundle of firewoods.

Recommended and Highly recommended is different. I would agree that it is recommended.

I have seen wood pellet stove and seen it how it works, it is cool really. Yes, you are right it is easy to load, easy to haul. Perfect choice for those who wants stable temperature, and don't want to deal with firewood.

For me, I am sticking to firewood because I am used to it, secondly I can get it for free easily. Lastly, if you got friends like mine that has wood burning stove and can share the log splitter rental cost for hard to split logs.

Yes I still recommend it, very efficient on keeping fire at constant temperature, since the fuel input is controlled. Fuels might be free for you, but I am very optimistic guy. I like to use the resource more efficiently.

One bag of pellet/corn can last up to 2 days with auto auger feeding, depending on feed rate, 2-5 bucks a bag. For folks without land of woods, bundle of firewood can cost same, and only will last for 4-8 hours (unless you have those 1800's wood-fired central oven).

One guy in my town collects saw dusts around town, and uses rabbit food maker to make wooden pellets. You'd be surprised how much pellets you can get from bundle of firewoods.

One nice benefit of wood burning stove is that it offers free maximum security document shredder! Once document goes in, it gone forever no matter how hard one try to retrieve it and puzzled together.

I think I finally solved the whuffing (Back puffing) problems, I followed the instruction and did it slowly. It works perfectly! :ty: Beowulf!

I have seen that before. Outdoor boiler furnace. Usually refill twice each day. Can keep as many as 4 homes warm! It has advantage and disadvantages.

I only refill every 24 hrs. I put big ass logs in the furnance. :giggle: Please tell me what advantages and disadvantages I shoud know. :D I have Heatmor wood burner.

Advantage is that it is darn cheap, disadvantage is that it involves more work. Hey, it is better for your health than to sit and do nothing. LOL

I only refill every 24 hrs. I put big ass logs in the furnance. :giggle: Please tell me what advantages and disadvantages I shoud know. :D I have Heatmor wood burner.

My friend has a new wood stove and a funnel in the basement recently. He was not happy with his heating. His brand is Eaglestove. Here are four pictures of outside the house. I forgot to bring my camera inside his basement to take a picture of the wood stove. They told me never use a plastic brush that can cause fire. They have to shake the brush often after cleaning up the ashes to make sure that the ashes don't stick with the brush and put the brush in a metal container.

Here are the photos.

pic1.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg
chimmeyarrows.jpg

The last picture (4th picture) that shows two orange arrows. He said that this spot is extremely hot on the metal which is not good, but they told him that it is okay as long as it is outside. They are licensed to install it for him. I do not know if it is normal that way. It cost him 5,000 bucks for both stove and funnel installations.

The green house is my neighbor's and they have an excellent heating in their wood stove in the basement to keep the whole house warm because of the chimney. They have an old heavy Eaglewood stove.

We have two woodstove one in garage that heat up into attic into the whole house and one in livingroom Im so blessed to have these and save some of our heating bill with oil... nowdays they are so expensive to get refill ugh!

I would not mind having a wood stove as another heating source. I love to be near a wood stove and feel cozy and can cook food on top of it, if needed. It is a different kind of feeling from the heat from a gas furnace in this apartment. I grew up mostly with gas furnaces, though. I noticed a good number of houses for sale in Washington state come with wood stoves, even in the city.

I heard that you can use wood pellets to use in a wood stove, probably not as cost effective as regular wood or coal.

Advantage is that it is darn cheap, disadvantage is that it involves more work. Hey, it is better for your health than to sit and do nothing. LOL

I love the workouts. :D I feel so strong and healthy! We dont burn gas and not worry about carbon poison.

I have a wood pellet stove. Love it. Would not ever switch to anything else. House is toasty warm with it and don't need to run the furnace.

$5,000? Wow, sounded like maybe $3000 goes as profit and labor. I paid about $1400 dollars for everything. Interesting that the area is too hot to touch. Im not sure because mine stays cold no matter what. I wouldn't worry because it went though cider block which is fireproof and should not burn.

My friend has a new wood stove and a funnel in the basement recently. He was not happy with his heating. His brand is Eaglestove. Here are four pictures of outside the house. I forgot to bring my camera inside his basement to take a picture of the wood stove. They told me never use a plastic brush that can cause fire. They have to shake the brush often after cleaning up the ashes to make sure that the ashes don't stick with the brush and put the brush in a metal container.

Here are the photos.

pic1.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg
chimmeyarrows.jpg

The last picture (4th picture) that shows two orange arrows. He said that this spot is extremely hot on the metal which is not good, but they told him that it is okay as long as it is outside. They are licensed to install it for him. I do not know if it is normal that way. It cost him 5,000 bucks for both stove and funnel installations.

The green house is my neighbor's and they have an excellent heating in their wood stove in the basement to keep the whole house warm because of the chimney. They have an old heavy Eaglewood stove.

I look at pellet stoves with disdain. It requires electricty, and if there is a power outage in the dead of winter, your goose is frozen.

That right Beowulf unless they have standby generator then they are safe. I do have pellet stove and I love it. Right now at work where I work at and they have pellet stove yes that right I said pellet stove. I will take a pix of the building and the hopper. It is sit next to the old building which is next to the new building. It is so warm inside the building but too hot for me. Whewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

I love my pellet stove. :D

These pellet stove does not require much electricity, really small and you could use power inverter from car.

I look at pellet stoves with disdain. It requires electricty, and if there is a power outage in the dead of winter, your goose is frozen.

Absolutely. No doubt about that. I hoped to buy one without an electric starter, and they simply don't make them that way anymore (if ever). I actually wasn't the one who made the decision behind the pellet stove, it was the ex-husband. The one factor that he sold me on was that the wood pellet bags are easier and cleaner to transport than logs, especially through an entire house. Anyway, if there's a power outage, the wood pellet stove still does no good. But, as long as there's power, it's very nice. :) Convenience can be key. :)

Absolutely. No doubt about that. I hoped to buy one without an electric starter, and they simply don't make them that way anymore (if ever). I actually wasn't the one who made the decision behind the pellet stove, it was the ex-husband. The one factor that he sold me on was that the wood pellet bags are easier and cleaner to transport than logs, especially through an entire house. Anyway, if there's a power outage, the wood pellet stove still does no good. But, as long as there's power, it's very nice. :) Convenience can be key. :)

So.....they don't make a stove with battery back-up?

Back