Windows Vista, the successor to XP

SnAzZyStyLe2002

Reaction score
I have the Beta 2 of it and will get the RC1 of it.

Thinking of buying a new computer that has Vista on it when it RTMs (released to manufacturing, means gold).

This comp I'm using has XP Home, then Pro since 2004-2005.

I have the Beta 2 of it and will get the RC1 of it.

Thinking of buying a new computer that has Vista on it when it RTMs (released to manufacturing, means gold).

This comp I'm using has XP Home, then Pro since 2004-2005.

I am computer technician... other computer techican friends also agree with me... Vista still has bugs... it is new... for anyone should wait for one or 2 yrs before they can have it in their computers...... i had seen Vista .. i thought it was cool but still have bugs.. just wait...

I'm happy with my free linux from Ubuntu. It dont have the marketing decadences Vista planning to have.

Richard

Sadly, I'm still using Windows ME. ;)

However, it still works fine for me.

My laptop is running Windows 98. That also still works fine for me.

When I get a new computer, it will have Windows XP... or Windows Vista.

I'm not sure. :dunno:

I'm happy with my free linux from Ubuntu. It dont have the marketing decadences Vista planning to have.

Richard

Second that Nesmuth! Linux better than Vista. I don't care about Vista. Hey try Beryl 3d desktop for Ubuntu! It's free to download and install. I've tried SabayonLinux and it have Beryl Desktop built in. Love it!. Far better than Vista. M$ is running waaayyyy behind on 3D desktop. Why bother blow money for 1 GB stick and a 128mb or more graphic card and large hard drive!?

Good Luck!
Catty:ty:

$159 dollars just for upgrade? What a truly RIP OFF!

Linux cost nothing for upgrades...

No brainer choice!

BTW, I agree with sxyporkie..... expect lots of bugs in it!

Visa sux

I still have Windows XP on both desktop system and Laptop. All have 512mb ddr memory. I'm kinda tire of upgrading memory for next Windows. Couple of my desktop system need better graphic cards and 1 or 2 GB sticks for Vista Premiuim. Gigabyte 7vax can have 3GB memory max and Abit AV8 (64bit system) can have 4GB max Dual channeled. Both use AGP. I would like to have PCI Express. I can always buy board and transfer parts to it.

Laptop, Acer Aspire w/ AMD Turion64 and ATI X200 chipsets. It would only need 1 or 2 gb of memory stick to run Vista Home Premimuim. I could purchase it from Acer for $89. But don't want to deal with bugs till couple years later.

I sure hope that M$ stop demanding more memory on PCs and should slim down their "junks". Everyone deserve fast smooth desktop that they can click to run application in a snap rather than waiting on hard drive working hard w/ light flickering to run apps.. I noticed XP still runs slow even with enough memory ect.

I used to have Windows ME on 233mhz ASUS system w/ 32mb EDO and 16mb Voodoo 3000 PCI graphic card. It ran very very fast with tweak. Whenever I run browser, game ect. It was snap. It look like I owned 3.6Ghz Intel system w/ 2GB memory and 10K rpm hddr with tweaked XP. (I remember that I downloaded a IE removal tool that remove IE registry tree and files ect, replacing w/ other files to make Win ME think it still have IE. After reboot, it ran superfast and whenever I click apps, It pop in a split seconds. I installed Netscape to tide over LOL. But still Win ME had bugs anyway.). Sorry I am complaining about XP being a memory hog. Linux can run great on current system and it ran fast anyway.

Catty

best linux.. i have no problems with it because it less virus.. but xp or other always get virus grrrr

$159 dollars just for upgrade? What a truly RIP OFF!

Linux cost nothing for upgrades...

No brainer choice!

BTW, I agree with sxyporkie..... expect lots of bugs in it!

Also I HATE MS Office 2007 but I like old Office 2000, XP, and 2003.

Office2007, My headache!!! diffrent than old office!!!!!

i alway love window xp.. they serve us better and security... vista just being in clumsy and newer.. but never know.. they can be make vista better future but i doubt.

XP rocks

Alright ....

When XP first came out in 2001, you guys said the same thing. So, what's the difference?

I have Vista RTM as of Jan 31st, 2007. It's a hella better than XP.

FYI, I stuck with Win 98 Second Edition (and Office XP Pro with FrontPage) from 2000 to 2004 until I got my own computer that has XP Home (I got XP Pro in April 2005 along with Office Pro 2003 with FrontPage, OneNote, Project Pro, and Visio Pro).

Then I got evaluation copies of Server 2003 (evaluation copies have time bombs) until I got the fully-working Enterprise edition - no time bombs.

Then I tested Vista Beta 2 and RC1 - pretty stable enough - on my computer, at least. Finally I got the fully released, RTM copy of it.

FYI- Server 2003 Enterprise cost 4 thousand dollars as retail and Vista Business (will purchase the Ultimate upgrade later this summer) costs 300 bucks as retail. All in total, I have 4300 bucks worth of MS products, at absolutely NO cost to me.

And, before you even ask, YES they are both completely LEGIT and not pirated, thank you very much (If Windows Genuine Advantage barks up a message that I don't have a genuine copy, I'd just dump that out of my computer)! I got those 2 operating systems through my university's free-software program.

Sadly, I'm still using Windows ME. ;)

However, it still works fine for me.

My laptop is running Windows 98. That also still works fine for me.

When I get a new computer, it will have Windows XP... or Windows Vista.

I'm not sure. :dunno:

Yes, you can buy a new computer. Dell already setup the window Vista. :D Do whatever you want to. :D

i wanted try that Windows Vista 2007 but if free or not because of price and i dont like to mess on my computer!

Richard

I agree with you, I have Ubuntu linux on my lappy, I love linux for free at all. My old lappy hard drive had died (Win XP) and I bought new hard drive, installed ubuntu linux work prefectly.

nowaday, all computer and notebook sell Window vista.. so there is no Window xp in unless u have CD to download it. Well I just purchase notebook, which has vista. Its alots of saving time than XP. Yeah i already aware about bugs. So i have to be carefully and wise. Since we need it for personal reason. No choice.

Back