Windows Mobile 6.5

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi peeps....I am experimenting the unoffical Windows Mobile 6.5 update for my old Samsung Epix phone and it's basically a OS with a fancy graphics with underlying old stuff on it. I used the ROM loader app in Windows XP via Boot Camp and loaded the ROM via USB cable and got it set up. I can go back to 6.1 if I wanted to. There's no offical 6.5 update for my phone yet but they say Feb 2010 and it's almost March, which is soon.

Anyway, anyone tried the WM 6.5 on your phone or updated the ROM to 6.5? I wish I could have Android OS on my phone or something different.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) 320x320; XV6900; Window Mobile 6.1 Professional;)

I'm using 6.1 right now and have only heard 6.5 will only be installed on the latest devices. I noticed those at XDA Developers website have a cooked up version to install, but I'm not taking the risk on messing something up. LOL I plan to wait til Windows Mobile 7 is offered later this year.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) 320x320; XV6900; Window Mobile 6.1 Professional;)

I'm using 6.1 right now and have only heard 6.5 will only be installed on the latest devices. I noticed those at XDA Developers website have a cooked up version to install, but I'm not taking the risk on messing something up. LOL I plan to wait til Windows Mobile 7 is offered later this year.

Ah, I see what phone do you use? Yea, I used the cooked up ROM for mine aka unoffical version. It works fine because I followed the instructions step by step on how to do it. It's real easy. :)

I am using HTC Pure which have Windows Mobile 6.5 It ok but I much would rather wait for Windows 7 if I don't like Windows 7 then I am gonna switch to Android OS.

But after using HTC Pure, I think I want to go back to phone with phyical keyboard again like my HTC 8525

I am using HTC Pure which have Windows Mobile 6.5 It ok but I much would rather wait for Windows 7 if I don't like Windows 7 then I am gonna switch to Android OS.

But after using HTC Pure, I think I want to go back to phone with phyical keyboard again like my HTC 8525

Should be Windows Phone 7 for mobile instead of Windows 7

I ain't looking forward to Windows Mobile....as that was an experiment on my phone. I like Samsung but don't like the OS in general. I would like an Android phone someday. I think Samsung is much more well built than a crappy HTC phone (no offense to HTC phone users)

I use Windows Mobile 6.5 MightyROM on my HTC Touch Pro. It is not bad but need lot of improvements.

Have you seen new HTC Touch Pro 2? I played with the phone and I really liked it. I hope it is eligible to be updated with Windows Mobile 7 soon.

I have about a year left in a contact with Sprint. Then I going for HTC Touch Pro 2 if it is confirmed for WM 7 update. I'm happy with Sprint as long as it offers good data plan with satisfy price for deaf people.

Android OS blew Windows Mobile 6.5 OS out.. Thats why MSFT killed Windows Mobile 6.5 OS and buried it before or after they are focus on WP7..

They announced a while ago they had the actual Windows 6.5 ROM for my phone. I will try it someday once I get access to a Windows machine.

Windows Mobile 7 is dead already, No one want buy it under Windows Mobile anymore but now toward to Android or Apple mostly of times.

Windows Mobile 7 come out too little, too late.

dg

Last edited:
Windows Mobile 7 is dead already, No on want buy it under Windows Mobile anymore but now toward to Android or Apple mostly of times.

dg
Yes thats right.. MSFT missed the boat. Because customers already locked within agreement terms for 2 years by carries. who is using iP4, android, & blackberry.

Yes thats right.. MSFT missed the boat. Because customers already locked within agreement terms for 2 years by carries. who is using iP4, android, & blackberry.

I used to have the T-Mobile Dash (old model) with Windows Mobile 5 I think, It's was fun to play around with custom ROM stuff and boring it anymore so I bought BB after and I hope to jump at Android in the future maybe next year or so, I heard Android OS 2.2 or 2.3 much improved than before.

I want big improvement that make me interesting looking at 2.5 OS or 3.0 OS in the future.

dg

Yeah they dropped many applications off the boat and no longer support it on Windows Mobile. I noticed many applications are not available on it while they have it on Android OS and iPhone OS. I had to look really hard to find something that I can use. :lol: At least Google Maps are available on it. Facebook mobile app sucks, tho. It's farrrr better on iPhone. I haven't tried the Android version yet.

Windows Mobile 7 is dead already, No one want buy it under Windows Mobile anymore but now toward to Android or Apple mostly of times.

dg

M$ spend $1 billion on ads about Windows 7 phone :eek3:

Yes, I agree that they are doing about 2 years too late. Android and iOS are already crazy in market.

It's Steven Ballard's fault when he said 2 or 3 years ago, that it's too expensive and too stupid. Now, who is stupid, Hmm?

10x1018oub234tewfdballmer.jpg

MSFT offical release.
Ahh.. I just got email from tmobile thru gmail that they announce & release win6.5 rom today. I will ask her if I take hd2 back, Due i gave it away to her. But My sister doesn't use htc hd2 anymore, she recently got new cellphone. So, I can port android into HD2 for experiment & fun as you know...

thank for head up..

Back