Win an Apple iPad - Referral Contest

oye oye somebody's being uppity tipsy :io:

Banjo,

I am a member of alldeaf when i joined in Jan 2009. Then I dont like my username so I change new username. that is why. I know alex through alldeaf. also, I met few alldeaf's members too... :)

Amy

Banjo,

I am a member of alldeaf when i joined in Jan 2009. Then I dont like my username so I change new username. that is why. I know alex through alldeaf. also, I met few alldeaf's members too... :)

Amy

Alrighty, my apologies then. We just get a lot of scammers here on Alldeaf.

Banjo,

Amy

and I know you too! :wave:

Just got word from Apple that I will get my iPad 3g tomorrow after 3pm. Have a tracking number for Fed Ex!!!!

Just posted a link about AD on my FB. Hope I win!

I'd love to win, but doubt I will. Plus I'm not sure I have enough posts under this User Name. I had to re-register under a new ID after the crash as it wouldn't take my old one. However, it is nice to be able to share this forum - it's a great resource.

I'm curious about the IPAD. I do have a Kindle and love and use that all the time.

Good luck to everyone trying to win!

ok hi there! I was hopefully I could win the ipad that I never win anything so speacial. If it is on mother's day, it would be really nice. Please pick me , haha!

If someone clicks the referral link, does it stay in memory or will it go away if they continue to browse through AllDeaf before signing up?

For instance...

Scenario 1: Person clicks on referral link and signs up.

Scenario 2: Person clicks on referral link, clicks around several threads, then signs up.

Scenario 3: Person clicks on referral link, leaves site for a couple days, returns and signs up.

Will all 3 scenarios give the referrer credit?

Yeah! I'd like an update too. No update for the last 2 weeks.

Alex - will you be following the rules to the dot? As in having 10 posts by the time you join this contest, avatar, etc.

My second post (stats) has been updated. Not much activity since I left for Peru.

BelleSorrisa: Yes, at the end of the contest I will make sure the requirements.

BelleSorrisa is now leading with 33 referrals!

I figured I'd post a little in here..

There is probably a good amount of courtesy involved to offer a free iPad to someone here for getting the most referrals to the site, that's hands down, a nice thing to do. Even if it's just a WiFi only version, that's several hundreds going out of someone's pocket, along with some kind of distributor/employee discount, or a donation from some group there is still money involved (Unless Steve gave us a free one :lol:).

Though I have only been back as of recently, seeing this topic and activity stemming from it has been bugging me for a bit. I noticed many of the newcomers who are posting intros are gone after their first post.
They are just posting the first time and most of them are gone straight after.
Kind of like using social networks to vote for something with the intention of just winning the prize, it is nothing new to me. It breaks me to see this kind of activity being conducted.

I had thought that the purpose of the sponsoring is to promote posting activity on the site.. I honestly would not refer someone who I know won't be doing much here, it is just taking advantage of the prize with no respect for the site. It is humiliation at the finest to see these people (or possibly even contestants) disappear after winning the prize too.

I don't even plan to participate in the contest, just thought I'd toss out some of my thoughts. If someone wants to call me out on jealousy or whatever, someone related to me has an iPad, I don't have the desire to own one right now even if I can.

Good luck to the winner.

I'm not going to say you're being jealous or anything, but also want to point out that people joining AD for just one or two posts has been quite common since I've been here, and I've only been here a year. This site gets a lot of traffic, but most of it is due to random people who don't stick around. Nothing new, but yes, it is being amplified at the moment due to the contest and due to the lax contest rules.

I'm sure Alex is well aware of this and knew it would happen when he started the contest. I'm also sure he has his reasons for making it this way.

I'd love to see some of these contest referrals stick around and become active members, but at the same time, how does it really effect the site if they don't? Also, let's say 200 people come into the site from the contest--at least a handful of them will stick around indefinitely. Even if it's just a handful, it's still more than what would have happened without the contest, right?

I'd be much more concerned if the referred members were posting bad things, trolling, etc. But they aren't, so it doesn't bother me.

Back