Will Spanish overtake English in America?

taurizs

Reaction score
yes, It will happen 10 to 20 years from now. Spanish will overtake California and Texas for sure! also it will complete in 15 to 20 years. Good bye to English in America?

lol wtf? How about this - just do what most European and Asian countries do.... embrace it bilingually. Handful of countries out there are trilingual. How embarrassing is it that this country... the world greatest & biggest melting pot continues to hold a singular view.

I dont think so. there are too many other counties who wants to come to USA. so English stays. In the east coast, there are too many diversed people already.

and as long as everybody can speak English.... fine by me! I don't care if a certain community in USA is dominated with a certain race but this is a very big country with big population.

If you want to be in "white plz" area, there are plenty of Caucasian-dominated communities in many states. :)

lol wtf? How about this - just do what most European and Asian countries do.... embrace it bilingually. Handful of countries out there are trilingual. How embarrassing is it that this country... the world greatest & biggest melting pot continues to hold a singular view.

:gpost:

I know Caucasian will be fading in the near future. Most of us have more than one nationalities. so.

and as long as everybody can speak English.... fine by me! I don't care if a certain community in USA is dominated with a certain race but this is a very big country with big population.

If you want to be in "white plz" area, there are plenty of Caucasian-dominated communities in many states. :)
What does "white plz" have to do with speaking Spanish? English is not for white people only, and Spanish is not for non-white only.

When people move to the United States to settle permanently, they should expect to learn English. People who move to France learn French, people who move to Italy learn Italian, people who move to Japan learn Japanese, people who move to Brazil learn Portuguese, etc. Why should it be different for the USA?

yes, It will happen 10 to 20 years from now. Spanish will overtake California and Texas for sure! also it will complete in 15 to 20 years. Good bye to English in America?
Only if Americans let it happen.

What does Caucasian have to do with English v. Spanish?

Minorities, now roughly one-third of the U.S. population, are expected to become the majority in 2042, with the nation projected to be 54 percent minority in 2050. By 2023, minorities will comprise more than half of all children.

Not all Spanish speakers of course but this is from the US census.

US Census Press Releases

What does Caucasian have to do with English v. Spanish?

Most of us have more than nationalities such as italian, slovkian, korean, china, irish, scottish, polish and go on that have different lanaguages. How can we allow spanish language to happen in USA. Therefore the english stays in USA.

caucasian used to be england people who speak english that invaded indian's home.

Most of us have more than nationalities such as italian, slovkian, korean, china, irish, scottish, polish and go on that have different lanaguages. How can we allow spanish language to happen in USA. Therefore the english stays in USA.

caucasian used to be england people who speak english that invaded indian's home.

Reba is right since you are wrong.

Caucasian is defined for white skin that from rest of Europe, Middle East, North Africa and Russia, not about England only so no.

Main Entry: Cau·ca·sian
Pronunciation: \kȯ-ˈkā-zhən, kä- also -ˈka-zhən\
Function: adjective
Date: 1658

1 : of or relating to the Caucasus or its inhabitants
2 : of, constituting, or characteristic of a race of humankind native to Europe, North Africa, and southwest Asia and classified according to physical features —used especially in referring to persons of European descent having usually light skin pigmentation

— Caucasian noun

— Cau·ca·soid \ˈkȯ-kə-ˌsȯid\ adjective or noun

http://m-w.com/dictionary/Caucasian

Why does you predict like that? It is not possible because English will still here.

Reba made good point, anyway.

I know Caucasian will be fading in the near future. Most of us have more than one nationalities. so.

According to prediction for 2050, non-hispanic whites will be unchange or some increases but percent is still decline since numbers are still increasing due slow growth.

If you ask me, I don't think Spanish or English will take over. Just a new language called American language. And I think we will have a new race too -- Americans.

If you ask me, I don't think Spanish or English will take over. Just a new language called American language. And I think we will have a new race too -- Americans.

There's already called American English, it is existing for US.

What does "white plz" have to do with speaking Spanish? English is not for white people only, and Spanish is not for non-white only.
according to OP - "yes, It will happen 10 to 20 years from now. Spanish will overtake California and Texas for sure! also it will complete in 15 to 20 years. Good bye to English in America?"

That's usually a concern raised by a Caucasian. Do you hear this concern expressed by other minority like Koreans? Chinese? Blacks? not as much as Caucasian.

When people move to the United States to settle permanently, they should expect to learn English. People who move to France learn French, people who move to Italy learn Italian, people who move to Japan learn Japanese, people who move to Brazil learn Portuguese, etc. Why should it be different for the USA?
that's how I want it. PLZ SPEAK ENGLISH! btw - OP is concerned about Spanish-speaking people taking over California and Texas and make it a Spanish-speaking state. Those states just happen to have a significant Hispanic population. So what? Should Maryland and DC be concerned about its ASL-dominated community? ASL is not the same as English.

c'mon there..... You and I both know this is not gonna happen. :) Embrace it bilingually.

1. White (Caucasian) people are not interested in learning Spanish anyway.
2. the view holds strong among Caucasian people about Spanish people - "illegals" and "no hablo ingles"

the funny thing is - majority of Caucasian people INCLUDING Europeans share same view about Spanish-speaking people.

What's nasty predict that you had. :roll:

Kudos to Reba.

That makes absolutely no sense. You support Reba's post but not taurizs's post? Didn't you know both shares same concern? :confused:

According to prediction for 2050, non-hispanic whites will be unchange or some increases but percent is still decline since numbers are still increasing due slow growth.

what prediction? source please?

Back