Widex Clear Prices

Kendi

Reaction score
Hi, I was quoted prices today for Widex Clear 440-$3600, Clear 330-$2650, Clear 220 $1600 and Audi also wants $75 for hearing aid mold. Tv Dex she wants $400. Price is for 1 hearing aid since my left ear can't be aided. I am in the St. Petersburg, Fl area. Does anyone have any idea if these prices are reasonable??? :hmm:

Hi, I was quoted prices today for Widex Clear 440-$3600, Clear 330-$2650, Clear 220 $1600 and Audi also wants $75 for hearing aid mold. Tv Dex she wants $400. Price is for 1 hearing aid since my left ear can't be aided. I am in the St. Petersburg, Fl area. Does anyone have any idea if these prices are reasonable??? :hmm:

I paid $6,150.00 for the pair of my Fusion (Clear) 440 but that price came with all the Dex features so those weren't extra. Prices will vary from state to state so you won't find an exact figure of costs unless we have more than a few from FL willing to voice what they paid. You might try the hearing aid forum since they're are few wearing Widex here. Widex is top of the line and it won't go down for government agencies like the VA. Your insurance (or his) may pay for half or all so do look into that. What your audi was asking seems reasonable, yes. It's not cheap, but it is worth every cent. This is the best I've heard since I lost my analog hearing aids and I'll buy them again to up grade once my insurance lets me. Thankfully by that time, my insurance should cover a good part, if not most. I paid $6k out of pocket having blown my coverage on Starkey which did nothing, and no, I'm not rich....

Laura

Widex

Thank you Laura for your quick reply. I will check the hearing aid forum. Sure would be nice if Audi threw in the Dex xtras. :lol:

Thank you Laura for your quick reply. I will check the hearing aid forum. Sure would be nice if Audi threw in the Dex xtras. :lol:

That may vary state to state too. The audis don't have a lot of control over costs believe it or not. The Dex features are very expensive but thankfully I didn't have to pay for that, and damn straight too because I paid enough I think. Widex is a great brand though and my audi speaks highly of the company and the success she's had fitting customers with the hearing aid. I've been very happy and I haven't had any issues with the hearing aids at all. I look forward to my next purchase soon. Good luck with your search.

Kendi, I'm also in Pinellas and have an appt with a new audi on Friday (3rd times the charm) so if it's what is recommended, I can relay you my quote after.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

I paid $6,150.00 for the pair of my Fusion (Clear) 440 but that price came with all the Dex features so those weren't extra. Prices will vary from state to state so you won't find an exact figure of costs unless we have more than a few from FL willing to voice what they paid. You might try the hearing aid forum since they're are few wearing Widex here. Widex is top of the line and it won't go down for government agencies like the VA. Your insurance (or his) may pay for half or all so do look into that. What your audi was asking seems reasonable, yes. It's not cheap, but it is worth every cent. This is the best I've heard since I lost my analog hearing aids and I'll buy them again to up grade once my insurance lets me. Thankfully by that time, my insurance should cover a good part, if not most. I paid $6k out of pocket having blown my coverage on Starkey which did nothing, and no, I'm not rich....

Laura

:barf:

Since you don't wear them, what's the issue? Not all brands come down for the VA or Rehab offices, this is one of them.

You and your constant bragging about how much you can spend, and basically calling everyone who can't scum is the issue.

You are a woman in your forties with a fairly good job, still living with your mommy and daddy and with half your income discretionary.

Many people have made the transition to adult life and spend all their paychecks on supporting home and family.

It doesn't make them lesser than you just because they can't afford Widex or have different priorities, or are less self centered.

I didn't even know widex were more expensive; I don't even know how much mine cost

Hi Kendi,
This is Janelle Rodrigues, I have 2 E.N.T. Clinics as well as 2 Hearing Aid Centres in Bombay (India). We deal with all Hearing Aid Brands, but our Top sellers are Siemens Hearing Aids, not only do we get excellent after sales service, but also, compared to other companies, their prices are a little more reasonable and yet quality and clarity of the machines are good. Starkey is way too expensive. Depending on your level of Hearing choose a machine that is fully digital and programmable, that way when your hearing gets better, it can be programmed accordingly to get maximum output with minimum Battery consumption. Also, decide whether you want a BTE, ITE, ITC or CIC Hearing Aid. According to your Audiogram, a very powerful SIEMENS Hearing Aid (for severe to profound Hearing loss) will be as follows-
1 BTE starts around Rs.13,000 (it increases according to the no. of Programmable Channels), the mould is another approx Rs. 600.
2 ITE, ITC starts at approx. Rs. 20,000 (no mould required)
3 CIC starts at approx. Rs. 25,000 (but we don't recommend this one, coz most of these machines do not have a volume control).

For Mild and Moderate Hearing Loss, the prices of the Hearing aids are cheaper.

The above prices are only Siemens machines and in Rs. I don't know the prices there, hope this helps. But do remember at the end of the day, it depends on your Audiologist and what is their priority. Even here, I get a lot of patients who have paid ridiculous amounts like Rs. 60,000 and even more at times, for a machine at some other Hearing aid Centre and they are not happy or the machines don't work properly and, the centres where they have bought it from, tell the patients to go to the Hearing aid Company themselves and deal with them, obviously the patients are clueless about procedure and through references from our patients, they come to us and then accordingly we do what is necessary.

When selling a Hearing Aid, after proper consultation, taking into consideration what is appropriate for the patient in terms of usage, practicality and budget, we recommend different options. Also, during the Warranty period, we recommend that patients give their Hearing Aids for Basic servicing every 6 months as it is done free of cost here and we take the Hearing aids to the company ourselves. This helps maintain the Hearing Aid for a longer time. Also, we recommend an Audiogram done once or twice a year to track the improvement of your Hearing. Keep all your Audiogram reports safely and together, it helps when comparing before and after.

I hope the above is of some help. If you have further questions you can email me - janellerodrigues@rediffmail.com

I try my best to spread awareness about Hearing Aids, in any way I can.

Happy Hearing!

Hi Kendi,
This is Janelle Rodrigues, I have 2 E.N.T. Clinics as well as 2 Hearing Aid Centres in Bombay (India). We deal with all Hearing Aid Brands, but our Top sellers are Siemens Hearing Aids, not only do we get excellent after sales service, but also, compared to other companies, their prices are a little more reasonable and yet quality and clarity of the machines are good. Starkey is way too expensive. Depending on your level of Hearing choose a machine that is fully digital and programmable, that way when your hearing gets better, it can be programmed accordingly to get maximum output with minimum Battery consumption. Also, decide whether you want a BTE, ITE, ITC or CIC Hearing Aid. According to your Audiogram, a very powerful SIEMENS Hearing Aid (for severe to profound Hearing loss) will be as follows-
1 BTE starts around Rs.13,000 (it increases according to the no. of Programmable Channels), the mould is another approx Rs. 600.
2 ITE, ITC starts at approx. Rs. 20,000 (no mould required)
3 CIC starts at approx. Rs. 25,000 (but we don't recommend this one, coz most of these machines do not have a volume control).

For Mild and Moderate Hearing Loss, the prices of the Hearing aids are cheaper.

The above prices are only Siemens machines and in Rs. I don't know the prices there, hope this helps. But do remember at the end of the day, it depends on your Audiologist and what is their priority. Even here, I get a lot of patients who have paid ridiculous amounts like Rs. 60,000 and even more at times, for a machine at some other Hearing aid Centre and they are not happy or the machines don't work properly and, the centres where they have bought it from, tell the patients to go to the Hearing aid Company themselves and deal with them, obviously the patients are clueless about procedure and through references from our patients, they come to us and then accordingly we do what is necessary.

When selling a Hearing Aid, after proper consultation, taking into consideration what is appropriate for the patient in terms of usage, practicality and budget, we recommend different options. Also, during the Warranty period, we recommend that patients give their Hearing Aids for Basic servicing every 6 months as it is done free of cost here and we take the Hearing aids to the company ourselves. This helps maintain the Hearing Aid for a longer time. Also, we recommend an Audiogram done once or twice a year to track the improvement of your Hearing. Keep all your Audiogram reports safely and together, it helps when comparing before and after.

I hope the above is of some help. If you have further questions you can email me - janellerodrigues@rediffmail.com

I try my best to spread awareness about Hearing Aids, in any way I can.

Happy Hearing!

Am I only one scratching their head over the bolded parts?

Who cares about the hearing aid prices? Insurances should cover them because most of them can't afford them in the deaf community.

Who cares about the hearing aid prices? Insurance should cover them because most of them can't afford them in the deaf community.

What insurance companies should cover and do cover are two different things (at least in the USA).

What insurance companies should cover and do cover are two different things (at least in the USA).

C.I. is covered by the insurance but hearing aids aren't by most insurance companies. I haven't had hearing aids since around 2007 because I can't afford brand new ones.

You and your constant bragging about how much you can spend, and basically calling everyone who can't scum is the issue.

You are a woman in your forties with a fairly good job, still living with your mommy and daddy and with half your income discretionary.

Many people have made the transition to adult life and spend all their paychecks on supporting home and family.

It doesn't make them lesser than you just because they can't afford Widex or have different priorities, or are less self centered.

Wow...bitter...aren't we....:cool2:

C.I. is covered by the insurance but hearing aids aren't by most insurance companies. I haven't had hearing aids since around 2007 because I can't afford brand new ones.

Insurances only cover a portion of hearing aids, depending on your plan. My father also has Blue Cross but his covers a whopping $200 dollars, where my plan covers $2,400 - still far below what most quality aids cost but better than nothing and a Hell of a lot better than what my poor father gets from his plan. What stops insurances from covering the full cost is that many older people are living longer and many younger people are losing their hearing earlier than previous generations, so the fear for them is that they'd lose too much money if they covered hearing aids entirely.

Wow...bitter...aren't we....:cool2:

No, just really tired of you on that day.Believe me, I could buy what I want.

Just because someone notices you are a snotty bitch, doesn't mean they envy you.

I paid out of pocket for Oticon Alta which I love since my insurance would only pay for Siemen's and I felt Oticon was a better fit for me. Audi wanted $3000 - I whined and cried-got it for $2700. Yes, they do bargain with the price and this is not the first time I have tried this. I always take a big boyfriend with me when I'm buying a product that can be negotiated!!! P.S. Boyfriend can sit quietly and just look stern!!!

Um...wow.
I'll be over here. Away from everybody.

Cause I don't like name calling and whatnot.

Back