Widex Clear Prices

I paid out of pocket for Oticon Alta which I love since my insurance would only pay for Siemen's and I felt Oticon was a better fit for me. Audi wanted $3000 - I whined and cried-got it for $2700. Yes, they do bargain with the price and this is not the first time I have tried this. I always take a big boyfriend with me when I'm buying a product that can be negotiated!!! P.S. Boyfriend can sit quietly and just look stern!!!

I have Oticons and they're great (was in the same boat with ecp when I wore my 2nd pair so I decided to go nuts and upgraded during sophmore year!)

Insurances only cover a portion of hearing aids, depending on your plan. My father also has Blue Cross but his covers a whopping $200 dollars, where my plan covers $2,400 - still far below what most quality aids cost but better than nothing and a Hell of a lot better than what my poor father gets from his plan. What stops insurances from covering the full cost is that many older people are living longer and many younger people are losing their hearing earlier than previous generations, so the fear for them is that they'd lose too much money if they covered hearing aids entirely.

That would depend on the income as well. A person who doesn't make enough to pay for remaining costs of hearing aids would be out of luck.

Wow...bitter...aren't we....:cool2:

Can I just say...just b/c people wanna buy the low end hearing aids doesn't make them any less then you!

Yes low end hearing aids are cheaper but hearing aids are also marked apon lifestyle. Why buy a top of the range hearing aid when your lifestyle doesn't suit it and waste all this money!

Also when you are very deaf, its actually very hard to notice any different in low end to high end hearing aids so again why spend the money!

Not everybody wants to buy top of the range or even need to buy top of the range but it doesn't make them an idiot for buying them!

Just saying!.....

*treads lightly to avoid doom* I also live in Pinellas Park / St. Pete area, I think those prices are fairly reasonable considering some of the quotes I've had to various things... Just throwing it out there... Good luck to you! =D

I was quoted $3200 apiece for the Widex Dream 440 in West Palm Beach, FL. Hope that helps.

Back