Why You Need to Know This Dashboard Symbol

Hey The Highlander, If you put air in the tires by following the label on the door jamb or inside the gas lid or glove box, then the TPMS light still on, what do you do? Read the last paragraph of the TPMS in the owner manual, always say, bring your car to dealership. You happy? I don't think so.

Question, Do you have tire blew up on the highway at 70MPH before? I bet you don't since you think TPMS is useless to you. I did ONCE and ****ing SCARY me out and thank god, no crash anything. It was happen in 9 years ago on my old 2001 car. So I can't live without TPMS. No matter how often you check the tires. I checked my PSI in my old car once a month and it still low tire. Why? Stupid metal part got poke in the tire. I remembered my old job, Driver dropped his semi-truck off for PM job and I had to check all tires for PSI and driver told me, no worry he already checked all of tires from last night. So I noticed he was almost right that nine tires are perfect PSI BUT one tire got ZERO PSI. I showed it to driver and he just like WTF?? Can't be! So I found almost 1" bolt got poke in the tire.

You mean TPMS got flash? That's mean bad sensor(s) OR out of range OR batterie(s) dead. Are you serious!? If tire got bald or damaged or whatever and no way to repair by myself without the tire balance and tire mounting machine. So just bring it to dealership or local shop.

My Mazda don't need to reset tool after rotated tires. Don't believe me? Looks yourself.

http://www.mazdia.com/macont-471.html

When changing tires yourself

If you or someone else changes tires, you or someone else can also undertake the steps for the TPMS to complete the ID signal code registration.

1. After tires have been changed, switch the ignition ON, then back to ACC or OFF.
2. Wait for about 15 minutes.
3. After about 15 minutes, drive the vehicle at a speed of at least 25 km/h (16 mph) for 10 minutes and the tire pressure sensor ID signal code will be registered automatically.

You should not buy a car IF you don't want to read the owner manual.

:laugh2: It wasn't that... I was just saying I have a symbol for everything... low tire pressure ( Which tire ), time to do an oil change, seat weight sensors pick up which passenger doesn't have their seat-belt on and beeps and lights up until they put it on... various things like that... I wasn't saying I didn't know what they were or what they meant... :squint: They're pretty self explanatory... Plus, I got a full walk through with Toyota / Scion when I bought it. I said I have lights for everything, not that I didn't understand them... I'm not stupid.

:laugh2: It wasn't that... I was just saying I have a symbol for everything... low tire pressure ( Which tire ), time to do an oil change, seat weight sensors pick up which passenger doesn't have their seat-belt on and beeps and lights up until they put it on... various things like that... I wasn't saying I didn't know what they were or what they meant... :squint: They're pretty self explanatory... Plus, I got a full walk through with Toyota / Scion when I bought it. I said I have lights for everything, not that I didn't understand them... I'm not stupid.

Ohh. My bad.

I rode in my dad's 2013 Jeep Wrangler, the passenger seat has a sensor and the seatbelt light flashes and chiming sounds if I am not buckled up. After buckled up the light goes off.

I rode in my dad's 2013 Jeep Wrangler, the passenger seat has a sensor and the seatbelt light flashes and chiming sounds if I am not buckled up. After buckled up the light goes off.

That's what my car does.... but for all 4 seats... :squint: It's profoundly annoying... :roll: It blinks and beeps CONSTANTLY!!! In Florida the driver gets a ticket if the person is not licensed and isn't wearing a seat-belt. If they are a licensed driver and not buckled up, they are issued the ticket. However, when you are in my car... YOU ARE WEARING A FRIGGIN SEAT BELT!!! I REFUSE to see that stupid light constantly blinking on my dash and if I have to hear it too because of the C.I. I THINK NOT!!! You're putting that stupid thing on!!! I always wear mine out of habit... but I will NOT have that annoying light and beepy noise for the entire ride!!! Plus, it's funny the airbag light on the passenger side says off until you click the seat-belt... :laugh2: Always thought that was kind of funny... Scion says "Don't want to buckle up? No airbag for you!" :laugh2:

Question, Do you have tire blew up on the highway at 70MPH before? I bet you don't since you think TPMS is useless to you. I did ONCE and ****ing SCARY me out and thank god, no crash anything. It was happen in 9 years ago on my old 2001 car. So I can't live without TPMS. No matter how often you check the tires. I checked my PSI in my old car once a month and it still low tire. Why? Stupid metal part got poke in the tire. I remembered my old job, Driver dropped his semi-truck off for PM job and I had to check all tires for PSI and driver told me, no worry he already checked all of tires from last night. So I noticed he was almost right that nine tires are perfect PSI BUT one tire got ZERO PSI. I showed it to driver and he just like WTF?? Can't be! So I found almost 1" bolt got poke in the tire.

You mean TPMS got flash? That's mean bad sensor(s) OR out of range OR batterie(s) dead. Are you serious!? If tire got bald or damaged or whatever and no way to repair by myself without the tire balance and tire mounting machine. So just bring it to dealership or local shop.

My Mazda don't need to reset tool after rotated tires. Don't believe me? Looks yourself.

Tire Pressure Monitoring System :: Starting and Driving :: Driving Your Mazda :: Mazda CX-9 2007-2014 Owner's Manuals :: Mazda CX-9 - Mazdia.com

No tire blow out since my first car. Low or high air pressure in tires that I can detect by steering wheel.
TPMS light flashing is something wrong with defective sensors or module. You right. Sometime guys at the tire shop, damaged sensors during dis-mount or re-mount, they tell you your wheel need new sensor(s) as cover up but you know you never have TPMS light on before as you plan to purchase new tires. Who fault? The tire shop. You can sue the tire shop but make sure you read the paper before sign it. Lot people come down over my work with TPMS light on when they bought new tires. The service manager told them, the fault are tire guys. Big trouble... Awful....
Yes your car have TPMS reset as the bottom say... Same as other vehicles.
Newer BMW have 2 different air pressure in front and rear, both same tire size, front tires have about 32 psi and rear tires have about 38. If I rotate them without check air pressure and reset, release it too quick then customer will come back with TPMS light on after pick up a car. Fussy car same as MBZ....

Corrupted TPMS computer? Are you sure? Because I did tire rotated on VW Rabbit 2008 and Mazda CX-5 2013 and no problem so far and don't needs to reset TPMS. TPMS in the spare tires? That's STUPID IDEA. I am happy that VW and Mazda don't have TPMS in the spare tires. The spare tire is for temporary only. Why bother to added TPM in the temporary spare tire? Stupid engineering design. Also, I did tire rotated for TONS GM vehicles (2006-2013) without reset and no problem but I still do reset TMPS to match location *LF, RF, LR, RR* to match TPMS for dashboard PSI info.

Like that.

tirepressure.gif
Our Jeep Commander has a full-size spare, which we rotate with the other four tires, so it's not a temporary-use tire.

Isn't it important to keep the spare tire properly inflated whether it's a full-size or donut spare? If you have to change a flat, what good is an under-inflated spare?

Regardless of what the dash icon says, TCS always checks his tires with his own digital pressure gauge. We have our own compressor, and he takes care of all the tires on the work van, his Jeep, my Jeep, the trike, and the bike. He's never depended on gas station air gauges for accuracy.

Question, Do you have tire blew up on the highway at 70MPH before? I bet you don't since you think TPMS is useless to you. I did ONCE and ****ing SCARY me out and thank god, no crash anything . . .
Wow, that is scary! I'm glad that you didn't get hurt or wreck.

Do you mean nitrogen in your tires?

What would you do if you needed inflation if you're not near the dealer?

Regular air is 78% Nitrogen the rest is oxygen and bit of other stuff..

Nitrogen is used in aircraft tires, because pressure stays stable in hot air on ground (and HOT radiant heat from brakes) to the very cold -70 below temperatures at 35,000 feet and up..

Nitrogen use in automotive tires, a glimick / scam used by dealers to boost their profits on claims of better fuel mileage. Best thing you can do is just check your tire pressure more often.

Back