Why talking about owning different guns?

Someone tries to steal my gun they'll get shot with another gun ... and with the price of ammo on the rise they shouldn't expect a warning shot.

Ban the guns! Ban the guns! You should all be ashamed of yourself when you knew perfectly well that having to own the guns would making matter better. No, it would get worse if you are not careful. It is a matter of safety and peace. We are not in the Wild West anymore. ** shaking my head** :(

A buddy always kept his gun under the car seat. For many years and then it got stolen. It was handy there but now it is handy in the hands of an unknown criminal.
I have quite a lot of things stolen. My rule is now - nothing orange and yellow is bad news too. All that stuff is going to get painted blue from now on. Was any of that stuff worth a human life? No, but it was worth a broken bone or two. Or three. Or four. Maybe 5 or 6.
Because there is now nothing that says this straight up.
Thieves are scum.

Ban the guns....the sounds splendid....after all no one ever gets shot in gun free zones.....after all we all know criminals ignore every law but the ones banning guns and as such will automatically obey the ban and we will live in a utopia...we also know countries like mexico which have some of the most strict gun laws in the world is a gun free and murder free place due to the gun ban. fascinating
yes yes of course
and indeed merry Christmas!!!

I don't trust any purses for gun security. I had a purse snatched from me years ago. It's too easy to have a purse snatched, and then have your gun gone, too.

There is a purse snatcher going around knocking ladies down and some are in their 70's . This happen in some city in my state right now. A 73 old woman tried to fight back. I think the cops should have police woman go undercover to try and get this you know what. I can't say it.

Clarification and thank you for pointing out a possible misleading statement

In North Carolina you do not have to have a concealed carry permit to carry a concealed weapon on your own property/residence. I'm from NC and already checked into that.
Right - you don't have to have the conceal to carry (whatever it is called) on your property). There are a number of stores that have signs that say you cannot bring in your gun (odd to us - as we're from NY). Sorry, I assume my response was a bit klutzy.

I'm pro guns. Use them for protection.

Ban the guns! Ban the guns! You should all be ashamed of yourself when you knew perfectly well that having to own the guns would making matter better. No, it would get worse if you are not careful. It is a matter of safety and peace. We are not in the Wild West anymore. ** shaking my head** :(
The Wild West lasted all of about 20 years. This is lasting until I croak. I'm not part of the NRA and I don't like where this country is headed. I have no issue having our revolver and pistol available. I do live in a lovely community and my next door neighbor's house was broken into by a smart (but stupid) 16 year-old kid living next door to her a number of times AND AT NIGHT. She can hear and her daughter is all of about 8 by now. Had the kid made his way to either room, he would've been rightfully shot by her.

I seem to be more pro the kid than other people in the neighborhood and my invaded next door neighbor would likely kick me. He made a terrible error and he and his family will be paying for it for years. His mother knows that if her kid had been killed, it would've been justified. We both agreed with that.

So, keep the guns. Hide mine at night :) and use them wisely.

Lived in NY (outside the City) during 9/11. Watched the WTC go down. We started preparing - just with a plan - then. Watched the crime migrate out to the burbs. As the economy worsen, who knows what will happen. I like being ready.

I really goofed this one up?

In North Carolina you do not have to have a concealed carry permit to carry a concealed weapon on your own property/residence. I'm from NC and already checked into that.
My point was supposed to be why in the world would a deaf woman: 1) Have a *** load of guns 2) Advertise that she has them 3) Almost invite people to join her out her home bang, bang?

-- Sheri

why in the world wouldn't a deaf women have a load of guns? whats deaf got to do with it? shes a women, she clearly likes guns. she likes talking about what she likes.
why is this such a problem?
frankly shes allot safer the more people know or thinks shes armed knows how to use them then the other easy prey who are not.
Really what she does with herself and her "things" whether thy be guns, souped up hair dryers, or gardening equipment ect isnt anybodies business. if she decides to tell people thats her thing so what.

Guns are like gold....gives people the fever...they wanna steal em....guns, gold, and killer buds... nuttin but trouble....ya use em or they draw attention.

And the thieves if they go to steal them will meet a swift end wont they?
Now if i was a thief, i would be interested in self preservation and not purposely choose the hardest target, a chick who loves guns and will blow me away. No i would prefer something a bit less resistant.
To each their own of course, live let live and all that.

A woman I work with was abducted 2 blocks from her house when she was 16 years old. She was walking home from school (she lived in Southern California at the time) and she was in her own neighborhood. I don't know ... But I would think any would be abductors who are feeling all rapey, might change their mind when they are looking down the barrel of a Beretta .40

Right - you don't have to have the conceal to carry (whatever it is called) on your property). There are a number of stores that have signs that say you cannot bring in your gun (odd to us - as we're from NY). Sorry, I assume my response was a bit klutzy.
Do you mean that stores in NY don't prohibit concealed carry guns?

A buddy always kept his gun under the car seat. For many years and then it got stolen. It was handy there but now it is handy in the hands of an unknown criminal.
I have quite a lot of things stolen. My rule is now - nothing orange and yellow is bad news too. All that stuff is going to get painted blue from now on. ...
What is the significance of orange, yellow and blue?

My point was supposed to be why in the world would a deaf woman: 1) Have a *** load of guns 2) Advertise that she has them 3) Almost invite people to join her out her home bang, bang?

-- Sheri

I don't know ... that is odd to me too ... I've got guns and had many many more over the years pistols, rifles and shot guns alike ranging from 22 long to 30-06 to 12 gauge and I've NEVER advertised that I had any guns at all ... even my late uncle always had several different types of guns in his house and he never advertised it and he had a hidden safe in his walk in closet to hide them all ... unless she's bragging about it or tempting fate looking for trouble no idea why someone would do that ...

And for the naysayers it wasn't just having guns to have them there is a different purpose to each gun owned(hunting(long range 270 or 30-06 or 30-30 brush gun or shotgun), protection, additional side arm while hunting big game if needed in case a deer or bear came at you, fishing(revolver loaded with snake shot and so on)

Peoples mileage differs. ive known gun lovers who all they did at shows or not is advertise. even with bumper stickers
people are different.
its what makes life go round

What is the significance of orange, yellow and blue?
I have had eight chainsaws stolen while under lock and key at different times. They were all either orange or yellow. High quality saws that I really liked a lot. My orange 20' extension ladder of very high quality was stolen another time. Various other things have been stolen as well but the the predominant color of value was orange. Yellow hurt too. The red stuff it stayed behind but its red. I don't like red. I like blue. The only blue thing they got was my really good push broom with blue bristles. So I kind of waffled back and forth blue red blue red... blue. I like blue so everything is going to get painted blue unless it is already red. If that gets stolen well I will recompute. I will pretend my blue bikes did not get stolen. What can I say? I like colors. I live in a place where most everything is white for six months out of the year.
Smiles. Have a nice Christmas!

Back