why so many deaf single men?

I received an email from Anna. She looks attractive, and I am more than happy to pass on her contact details to you. One catch... She's a Russian bride..:)

Russian are far too many fake and asking for money!!! that all they ask!!

Well i heard many mens HOH that been married 4 time he a really nice person you just can't get a better guy like him you know what normal woman did just left him and run off with the money! and now you know what he said he really don't want to be married again!! he saty single and just be a girlfriend because what the point getting married for too much breaking the heart!!!! there are soo many ways of reason in life!! so really is better just a HOH man and woman the match are great and again you see another story what might come out with!!looking for soul mate and last forver and grow old together i's not easy to find!! so you know am still single am just waiting the right soul mate!!!!

I was wondering why so many deaf single men, who can't find any ladies yet at time, average between 18 and 40 age. I feel sorry for deaf single men who had deeply and lonely I had seen, once I met a lot of deaf single men when it is social event or at Gallaudet. Ever not likely deaf women, cuz many of them are taken, how comes? I need to understand how and why...

I can't go into it, but I will say that I knew a deaf man who was never successful in that department. He was straight, LOVED P*, and yet, if a cruel gang captured him and forced him to find one woman on the street, take her out for dinner, and bed her that night, or he would be shot dead if he failed. He would fail EVERY SINGLE TiME. Period. I don't know if anyone remembers a Stargate SG-1 episode where O'Neal and Teal'c found themselves in a time loop where the loop started and ended at a specific time. They knew when it would start and end each time, so they would do things like play golf into the Stargate, O'Neal would resign his commission so that he could kiss his dream girl, his subordinate in front of his superior, etc. because none of this would be remembered every time the time loop restarted. The point is, if this man were to be stuck in a time loop, he would be shot every single time. HE HAS NO F* CLUE. He could never figure out how to date successfully. He had nobody to teach him.

It's possible that something happened to them, something in the water or food that somehow damaged or destroyed their ability to attract mates. It's like they're completely unwanted. On the wrong planet, you would say. Said to say, this man I'm talking about died at 32. He couldn't handle it anymore. It was strange... Because he often complained about how women ALWAYS treated him as the go-to for boyfriend problems, telling him their problems with them without realizing he wanted every single one of them. The sort of thing we do with gay men because we know there's no "threat" of unwanted attraction. You can really let your hair down with these guys. It never occurred to these ladies that he viewed them as potential mates.

Now, I will share my experience, even though I'm a woman. Fact is, I was not diagnosed until I was nearing seven and a half and didn't have a decent grasp of the language, any language until I was eight and a half. I grew up a very frustrated child and when I hit puberty, I wanted to screw everyone who seemed remotely attractive. Yet, I couldn't. I couldn't land anybody. And wouldn't be able to until I was 23.

I believe that these guys, like myself because of my late teaching, started out wild. Let me explain what I mean by that. Because some of us were undiagnosed, we functioned on the level of a human living beside another tens of thousands of years ago, when EVERYONE at best possessed a rudimentary level of vocabulary and speech during the Middle Stone Age. I didn't say much of anything except what I needed. We didn't hear music, TV shows like Sesame Street or the cartoons. We just saw them and had no idea what was going on. Just characters moving on the screen. The modern society indoctrination was missed entirely. In my case, I completely missed out on shows like Lidsville, Gilligan's Island, Land of the Lost, Gunsmoke, and all the cartoons, even though I watched them because there was not much else I wanted to do.

In other words, I was functioning at the level of 10,000 years ago, and these men might be, too. I suspect they would be ideal in an environment in which there are no social rules, no language involved. Just watching each other's facial expressions and body language. Just like it was before human language started. I remembered a child I was attracted to, just a couple of years younger than I. I stayed with this family when Dad had to work in the field and Mom was two hours away (I lived with Dad), so at night, we could kiss in bed, and we would play Mom and Dad, except I had no idea what was going on, just that I FELT WONDERFUL inside. It was like magic inside! But as my friends grew socially, I felt left behind and was never able to move ahead along with them. It would be like a cave woman transported through time to today. She wouldn't know what to do, what to say, how to behave. I know just enough to hide the fact that something's wrong. People view me as different, strange. It throws them off and blocks them from being able to simply be with me.

I am semi-feral, with a wordless world view. Are there any guys like that here? We want to hear your stories. I at least would like to hear that this deaf man didn't die in vain to escape his pain.

I can't go into it, but I will say that I knew a deaf man who was never successful in that department. He was straight, LOVED P*, and yet, if a cruel gang captured him and forced him to find one woman on the street, take her out for dinner, and bed her that night, or he would be shot dead if he failed. He would fail EVERY SINGLE TiME. Period. I don't know if anyone remembers a Stargate SG-1 episode where O'Neal and Teal'c found themselves in a time loop where the loop started and ended at a specific time. They knew when it would start and end each time, so they would do things like play golf into the Stargate, O'Neal would resign his commission so that he could kiss his dream girl, his subordinate in front of his superior, etc. because none of this would be remembered every time the time loop restarted. The point is, if this man were to be stuck in a time loop, he would be shot every single time. HE HAS NO F* CLUE. He could never figure out how to date successfully. He had nobody to teach him.

It's possible that something happened to them, something in the water or food that somehow damaged or destroyed their ability to attract mates. It's like they're completely unwanted. On the wrong planet, you would say. Said to say, this man I'm talking about died at 32. He couldn't handle it anymore. It was strange... Because he often complained about how women ALWAYS treated him as the go-to for boyfriend problems, telling him their problems with them without realizing he wanted every single one of them. The sort of thing we do with gay men because we know there's no "threat" of unwanted attraction. You can really let your hair down with these guys. It never occurred to these ladies that he viewed them as potential mates.

Now, I will share my experience, even though I'm a woman. Fact is, I was not diagnosed until I was nearing seven and a half and didn't have a decent grasp of the language, any language until I was eight and a half. I grew up a very frustrated child and when I hit puberty, I wanted to screw everyone who seemed remotely attractive. Yet, I couldn't. I couldn't land anybody. And wouldn't be able to until I was 23.

I believe that these guys, like myself because of my late teaching, started out wild. Let me explain what I mean by that. Because some of us were undiagnosed, we functioned on the level of a human living beside another tens of thousands of years ago, when EVERYONE at best possessed a rudimentary level of vocabulary and speech during the Middle Stone Age. I didn't say much of anything except what I needed. We didn't hear music, TV shows like Sesame Street or the cartoons. We just saw them and had no idea what was going on. Just characters moving on the screen. The modern society indoctrination was missed entirely. In my case, I completely missed out on shows like Lidsville, Gilligan's Island, Land of the Lost, Gunsmoke, and all the cartoons, even though I watched them because there was not much else I wanted to do.

In other words, I was functioning at the level of 10,000 years ago, and these men might be, too. I suspect they would be ideal in an environment in which there are no social rules, no language involved. Just watching each other's facial expressions and body language. Just like it was before human language started. I remembered a child I was attracted to, just a couple of years younger than I. I stayed with this family when Dad had to work in the field and Mom was two hours away (I lived with Dad), so at night, we could kiss in bed, and we would play Mom and Dad, except I had no idea what was going on, just that I FELT WONDERFUL inside. It was like magic inside! But as my friends grew socially, I felt left behind and was never able to move ahead along with them. It would be like a cave woman transported through time to today. She wouldn't know what to do, what to say, how to behave. I know just enough to hide the fact that something's wrong. People view me as different, strange. It throws them off and blocks them from being able to simply be with me.

I am semi-feral, with a wordless world view. Are there any guys like that here. We want to hear your stories. I at least would like to hear that this deaf man didn't die in vain to escape his pain.

but you just did... :eek3:

Thanks, Jiro. Good to see you didn't get what I'm holding back. I didn't go into it, and would prefer not to. Thanks for your understanding.

I want to add something that this man shared with me... He was in a fraternity at the college I went to. He shamefully admitted to me that even though he was a member of an upstart fraternity that was making the waves on Greek Row on party nights, he could never land a single lady at any of the parties. The guys knew it, too. He said that they had told him that he was set up with a lady friend. On the highly anticipated night, just at the last minute, he was told that it couldn't happen, no explanation was given. she just wasn't able to get with him. He went nuclear that night, and the rest is best left unsaid. He left that fraternity because of it.

Thanks, Jiro. Good to see you didn't get what I'm holding back. I didn't go into it, and would prefer not to. Thanks for your understanding.

Deafdrummer, a family friend who is a product designer, contacted me years ago to get my opinion of a new hearing aid model she was working on. She had also done a study in which hearing women could anonymously submit feedback on their perception of a recording of a deaf woman talking.

The results of that study was very illuminating but also a bit sad and hurtful. The majority of hearing women basically summarized that communication (spoken and heard) was very important to them, and their perceptions of this deaf woman was that, based on her speech, she was dimwitted and her speech made them uncomfortable.

Since getting active here on AD in April or May, I've noticed that it's usually deaf guys posting about how hard it is to date a hearing girl. I haven't quite seen the same volume coming from deaf women talking about hearing guys.

So, basically deafdrummer, most hearing women place high priority on ease of verbal communication, be it one on one or in a group.

The study also asked for anonymous feedback from hearing men and their responses were actually much less judgmental.

I am not saying all hearing women are like that judgmental though. If it's any consolation, I've noticed CODA women talking about being more comfortable with deaf guys than hearing ones.

It didn't matter if they were hearing or not. He had never dated a deaf woman, if I recall correctly. The two I know of were hearing, and he admitted that they were charity F*. They felt sorry for him. He couldn't understand why they left him. He was very angry over this and hugely jealous of other men, which scared me. I can only hope that when he died, he was released from his pain.

Edit: I forgot to add that the study you refer to is also why people like us would do best in an environment where there are no languages, no social rules, no expectations, no "you must be this or that, make this much money, have this kind of job, run in this particular social circle, give me so many children, bring them up a certain way." You simply walk up to each other, you smile at each other, and if you like each other, you touch each other, hug each other, and it goes from there. Simply being. JUST BE. That is the level that I function at.

Does anyone here know what the hell I'm talking about? Are they high-functioning autistic, have asperger's, or something?

Wirelessly posted

mx757 said:
I was wondering why so many deaf single men, who can't find any ladies yet at time, average between 18 and 40 age. I feel sorry for deaf single men who had deeply and lonely I had seen, once I met a lot of deaf single men when it is social event or at Gallaudet. Ever not likely deaf women, cuz many of them are taken, how comes? I need to understand how and why...

I'm not lonely.... most deaf I know are pussys.. won't do anything except go to deaf clubs.. while I'm busy skydiving, flying airplanes and other fun stuff...
you could get killed but that part of the fun...

I agree with that. Most Deafs don't want to come out of their shell and find out who they really are (besides being a Deaf)...either they don't want to or don't have the courage to.

I disagree about many single deaf men there are as many deaf single deaf women its not advertised as much for different reasons.

advertised??? so we're sellable??

I don't know about other Deaf men, but you're definitely sellable. It took like 2 minutes to make your logo. Just look at you eating that sandwich! Only a sociopathic misanthrope could look at that and not vote for you.

No, by statistics, more deaf men fail to marry.

What stats so interested to hear this. I have hope finding an unattached deaf guy now. From my experience many deaf guys are either taken or gay. This gives me hope. :ty:

Im a single deaf female and have not found the right deaf guy just because there are not that many or theyre hiding from me lol

Marriage is not required to be in a relationship though that part of stat does not alone s
upport the comment of many deaf men being unattached or in a relationship of some type. :hmm:

For different reasons women dont look theyre too busy taking care of kid (s) been hurt too many times by insensitive men or have too many stalkers online thats just a few examples against women in general though

FOR YOUR ALL INFORMSTION ALOT OF late 30s to late 40's deaf ladies become available.. Never too late!

Don't know what the latest statistics are, but found an old one:

"What I found intersing is that for the 16-24 year old Males:
84% of deaf males were single 57% of hearing males were single
and that for the 16-24 year old Females:
88% of deaf females were single 67% of hearing females were single"

Various statistics concerning the deaf | DEAF-INFO

The source of the stats was dead on the page, though.

Wow this has turned into a broad subject of discussion.
Let me do u all a favor.. the answer is quite simple..
NOBODY TOLD US WE HAD TO GET MARRIED! If there was a message in the beginning of being alive we missed it! Thank u. Lol

What stats so interested to hear this. I have hope finding an unattached deaf guy now. From my experience many deaf guys are either taken or gay. This gives me hope. :ty:

Im a single deaf female and have not found the right deaf guy just because there are not that many or theyre hiding from me lol

Marriage is not required to be in a relationship though that part of stat does not alone s
upport the comment of many deaf men being unattached or in a relationship of some type. :hmm:

For different reasons women dont look theyre too busy taking care of kid (s) been hurt too many times by insensitive men or have too many stalkers online thats just a few examples against women in general though

Sorry I don't actually know, just remember reading it a few years ago.

On a more serious note, is single deaf men really any different than the rest of men?
And people seem to think there is alot based on how few deaf men vs. Rest of men.. but isn't a fair comparison since if u compare deaf man w/ all men. U will find deaf men are a small % of population.
Here's an example I think might fit the idea (good, bad idea?) But when I was growing up, we lived in ghetto so I was exposed to alot of blacks in gangs, drugs, divorce etc.. but when I started to travel (like Washington DC). It as mind blowing how it seems like most of the ppl living there was black an wasnt in gang.nor drugs etc. But in suits and living clean good life. That helped me open my mind to wanting to know bigger pic than what I see locally. So unless you have met over 1000 deaf ppl personally .. any opinions formed should be taken with a grain of salt.
Make sense?

Back