Why Is Polygamy Frowned Upon By Christians and Others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what boredom from having cabin fever does to me. :lol:

:lol: But don't let me stop you from your own inquiry....I think the history is there but if you're not interested, that's okay. I am real, real bad about history but I do remember certain things and if forced to, I can get citations which I'm also lousy at or we can just continue as we are....maybe more fun that way.
You do have one last alternative: grab your jacket and scarf and go shovel the drive, :lol:

:lol: But don't let me stop you from your own inquiry....I think the history is there but if you're not interested, that's okay. I am real, real bad about history but I do remember certain things and if forced to, I can get citations which I'm also lousy at or we can just continue as we are....maybe more fun that way.
You do have one last alternative: grab your jacket and scarf and go shovel the drive, :lol:

LOL..I am not good at some parts of history. It is an interesting question by the OP though.

I will shovel on Thursday because we are expecting another 10 to 20 inches of snow...AAAHHH!!!

God said polygamy is wrong for all people. He did NOT approve of polygamy for His people, and each time one of the Old Testament patriarchs participated in it, bad things resulted. God's model for marriage was established with Adam and Eve--one woman for one man.

The Supreme Court said polygamy is illegal for Americans.

I expect this thread will soon be locked.

God said polygamy is wrong for all people. He did NOT approve of polygamy for His people, and each time one of the Old Testament patriarchs participated in it, bad things resulted. God's model for marriage was established with Adam and Eve--one woman for one man.

The Supreme Court said polygamy is illegal for Americans.

I expect this thread will soon be locked.

Very true.....God's disappointment is expressed many times in the OT.

The seperation of the classes at that time was such that a womens life was better sharing a rich man than being married to a poor man. Also many women had no choice and were held against their will......

Let's just be glad those days are over for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back