Why Hitchhiking is Dangerous

lumbingmi

Reaction score
FANNIN COUNTY, Tex. -- One man is in prison after allegedly stabbing the driver he hitched a ride with over the weekend. The victim is recovering, but it's the details of the case that officials say make it unlike any they've ever seen.

Fannin County Sheriff’s Deputies received the original call at 2:40 on Saturday afternoon about a suspect involved in a stabbing was located at the intersection of County Road 3830 and Highway 11 now when deputies arrived on the scene they found that the case they were working on involved a lot more than they had planned.

Fannin County sheriff Kenneth Moore says he was shocked when he heard what happened this past Saturday just west of Wolfe City.

When deputies arrived on the scene they found James Wayne Evans, 43, a hitchhiker who confessed to stabbing the person who gave him a ride and apparently expected something in return.

"Whenever the individual that picked up the hitchhiker wanted more intimacy and that was about to happen, he determined at that point the intimacy would stop," said Fannin County Sheriff Kenneth Moore.

Officials say Evans was hitch hiking down Interstate 30 in Arlington when a white female known only as ‘Angie’ picked him up.

Soon thereafter, the 42-year-old driver invited Evans back to her horse barn just outside of Wolfe City.

When they arrived, the two became intimate, and officials say ‘Angie’ asked Evans to perform oral sex on her.

That’s when they say Evans got quite a surprise.

"(When he did) comply with the female subject, he found out it was in fact not a female, but a male," Sheriff Moore said.

Officials say Evans pulled out a knife and stabbed ‘Angie’-- who is a man-- multiple times.

Click on the link for the full article

KXII - HomePage Local News, Weather, Sports, Severe Weather, and Breaking News Coverage for Sherman TX, Denison TX, Ardmore OK, Durant OK, Ada OK

Whoa, now that's bad...The driver shouldn't have pretend that he was a female as the hitchhiker thought ...:eek3:

Hitchhiking can be dangerous - not to mention illegal. I know I won't do that.

What if a male driver wanted you to perform oral sex on him, which you did, but only to find out hes a female instead, what would you do then?...

What if a male driver wanted you to perform oral sex on him, which you did, but only to find out hes a female instead, what would you do then?...

I would fight him with every fiber of my being to get away from a pervert who want oral sex. I have heard some people do get killed by driver picking up hitchkikers and end up dead throw your body somewhere in a ditch. So I believe strongly hitching a ride with a strangers is not worth ther risk of having my life being taken away from me. I don't want set a bad example for my kids to think it "okay" for them to hitch a ride with a stranger or someone they don't know. I value my children life and myself. My sister learn a lesson from hitching and a guy try to have her way with her. She was lucky that her boyfriend was there to protect her. She never again hitch a ride with a stranger anymore. :cool:

I would injured him then throw him out and drive away. Transvestite people make me sick.

dang.. i cant believe this! i wouldnt stop for a hitchhiker.. but if its someone i know.. i would stop by and pick them up like my nephew or friends .. thats it!

That is right, but still there are other guys who is like Jeffery Dahmer and still out and alive preying on victims. That is why hitchhiking is never safe!

Jeffery Dahmer killed lot of young men and young boys,, he is very sick and he already dead. :rifle::rifle::rifle:

Need not to bet on it, he already admitted he is cannibal.

Cannibal means human eating other human.

Not always. Some sicko may just use human remains as decoration.

We re living in crazy society today. if it happens in 1960's, i m sure hitchhiking is pretty safe much like going to someone's house and stay overnight.

But I would physically harm anyone who ask me to give head job period.

We re living in crazy society today. if it happens in 1960's, i m sure hitchhiking is pretty safe much like going to someone's house and stay overnight.

Nah, I don't think it had to do with what years was safe or not safe. I am pretty sure crimes happens all the time over so many years. Even 1960's had crimes as well. Hitch hiking is still never safe anyway. It is a risk of getting hurt or even getting killed by a stranger. The world always have lived in a dangers times. I don't think we stop living in a crazy world. But we can learn how to protect ourselves agains crazy people to reduce the risk of getting hurt. :)

What you mean not always? He already did and done. That is what he said in the court and the evidences already shows. One evidence was that there was pot, apparently stew made of human flesh.. this shrugs and gives me shivers. He is one of most sicko MOFO I ever heard of.

My point was that Jeffrey Dahmer's first victim in his adult life was that he picked this victim when he (victim) was hitchhiking! If this victim follows the law and not hitchhiking, he probably still be alive today.

There was movie just played on TV couple weeks ago, as soon as I start watch, he was fixing his drill with thin drill bit... I couldn't take it, and changed the channel.

That's kind of violent. All you have to do is decline the offer. If you harm someone just because you were asked to give a head job, you will be charged with assault, not him. Yes, it's rude to ask someone for a handjob. However, it does not make it right for you to cause physical harm to anyone.

If the person tries to physically force you into it, then that's when you are rightfully entitled to defend yourself.

That's kind of violent. All you have to do is decline the offer. If you harm someone just because you were asked to give a head job, you will be charged with assault, not him. Yes, it's rude to ask someone for a handjob. However, it does not make it right for you to cause physical harm to anyone.

If the person tries to physically force you into it, then that's when you are rightfully entitled to defend yourself.

Agreed. And the guy who was hitch hiking willingly accepted a ride, willingly went back to the horse barn, and willingly became intimate with "Angie." And he was willing to comply with the request for oral sex until he discovered she was a transvestive. Evidently, "Angie" wasn't holding a gun to his head to force him into anything.
He could have just walked away when he made his little discovery.

Back