Why flying on Christmas Day is great

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JClarke, Dec 22, 2009.

1. JClarke

JClarke AD Veteran Premium Member

Link: Why flying on Christmas Day is great | News.com.au

:aw: This makes me feel christmasssy. Do you?

Have you ever had similar experience flying on Christmas day?

2. Bottesini

Bottesini Old Deaf Ranter Premium Member

We came home on New Years Day once and hit turbulence with what seemed to be a very hungover pilot from celebrating New Years Eve.
    My husband swore he would drive anywhere we went after, and so far this is true!

3. shel90

shel90 Audist are not welcome Premium Member

Never flew on a holiday..:hmm:

4. JClarke

JClarke AD Veteran Premium Member

But to me - it would be different since I am from the southern Hemisphere, and I'd like to give this a go, flying out from Australia on Christmas Day, and arrive in U.S on Christmas Day to do it all over again! :laugh2:

5. Dixie

Dixie Farting Snowflakes Premium Member

there you go again, talking about traveling in time!

Actually if you've got the funds for, I would give it a go, although finding lodging might be an entirely different story.....

6. inspirabull

inspirabull New Member

have always liked time travel themes

We may not get to see real time travel but it is out there ahead of us.
    Anyway my Christmas day travel story was last Christmas. I flew up to the job I had at the time in the Arctic. My shift change happened to fall on that day.
    This particular day I was extremely unhappy and at the end of a long series of events with that job that were all negative. I had been grappling with should I stay or should I go for quite a while as incidents that were thoroughly obnoxious to me continued to happen. Here I was on a great financial opportunity working an actual two week on two week off shift that fit with my plans perfectly and I was caught up in a work scene that was a Human Resources disaster zone. I was so enraged over various incidents that I could feel my heart racing in my chest even when on my time off. So I am flying up to my job thinking about all of this and what Christmas could be instead. I get up there- flying in the same jet with the fellow employee on my shift - the same guy who had accosted me at the airport on the way out on time off yelling f you at me and saying in a loud voice how what a mental retard I am. Making sure I could hear him. How nice to work with a borderline psycho, many others I later found out had had troubles. To cut this short I got up there at 11:30 and quit at 1:00. In order to get out of there I had to overfly Fairbanks and land in Anchorage and buy a ticket back to Fairbanks. I ended up with a 2 hour layover and my cousins Douglas and Sally brought out a small Christmas meal and we had Christmas dinner in a nook off of the luggage area in the Anchorage airport. Very heartwarming. So that is how I ended up flying across Alaska from midway to furthest north to furthest direct south back to midway again on Christmas day.