why does hearing family is snob when introduce your deaf partner/buddies?

matajan

Reaction score
I want to know why did hearing parents families are really snob when you introduce or bring your deaf partner/buddies into your house?

Same as my experience with my family is so rich ever parents came from ivy league always judge on my deaf ex-girlfriends and tell me why I do choose this person who is not rich?

I do not know why my family asked questions about this person but it is not respect others' partner or buddies. They asked me if this person is rich and went to ivy league or tell me better to find someone at ivy league after graduate from Gallaudet.

I want to know why did hearing parents families are really snob when you introduce or bring your deaf partner/buddies into your house?

Same as my experience with my family is so rich ever parents came from ivy league always judge on my deaf ex-girlfriends and tell me why I do choose this person who is not rich?

I do not know why my family asked questions about this person but it is not respect others' partner or buddies. They asked me if this person is rich and went to ivy league or tell me better to find someone at ivy league after graduate from Gallaudet.

Awww, don't feel bad. The same thing happened to me and it was a misunderstanding. My parents are rich as well, and in fact they stuff rolls of quarters into all the pockets of their money suits, so many rolls that they can hardly move. One day I brought home a date, and imagine my chagrin when they started asking "Ivy League? Ivy league?" I was getting to the point of tears when my date jabbed me painfully into my ribs and screamed "Don't just stand there, Bozo! DO something!"
I looked at her blankly and she rolled her eyes and kicked me in the balls. Then she pointed to the quarters pouring out of pockets.
A light bulb went off. They were actually saying "I've a leak! I've a leak!" My relief was so immense that I broke down into a quivering heap of happiness.

Some parents are concerned about their status. If your partner/buddy does not meet their 'standards', they will snub their noses.

Sadly, it is a common thing among families. People are selfish. My parents did not like my sister's boyfriend because he did not have a college degree, and is not pure white. He is half Hispanic.

My parents were sad that I married a deaf woman instead of a hearing woman.

You can't win with people. Do what makes you happy, not them.

Some parents are concerned about their status. If your partner/buddy does not meet their 'standards', they will snub their noses.

Sadly, it is a common thing among families. People are selfish. My parents did not like my sister's boyfriend because he did not have a college degree, and is not pure white. He is half Hispanic.

My parents were sad that I married a deaf woman instead of a hearing woman.

You can't win with people. Do what makes you happy, not them.

Is true that what you said?

Why do they snob when they saw boyfriend is poor or no degree or no pure white?

My parents want me

Girls must be

White
Intelligent
Rich
Loud
High paying job
Etc.

It seems like being a hard or reserved person who must choose girl has meet her standard make my parents happy.

Why do they snob if hearing or deaf marry deaf woman or man?

I hate it.

I remember my ex girlfriend who is french in middle school and her parents are snob to me ever come from france went to csdf.

enough! you asked this already. you're not supposed to post it twice.

Your parents aren't the ones who are going to marry your wife. Better find one that *you* like!

You are a grown man. Make your own decisions for yourself.

What if his parents threaten to cut off his inheridanca if he doesnt date the woman that they have on a pedestal?

What if his parents threaten to cut off his inheridanca if he doesnt date the woman that they have on a pedestal?

Who really knows, Shel?...$$$ can't buy True Love. Maybe it would give him the motivation to "work" for his own $$.
Had a friend, whose husband was very rich, she had everything imaginable, needed nothing. But she fell in love with a guy she worked with, that was very poor....she decided to divorce her husband and let him have everything, even her new car. She married the "poor" guy...and they lived "poorly" ever after!
Sounds like a "fairy tale".

Who really knows, Shel?...$$$ can't buy True Love. Maybe it would give him the motivation to "work" for his own $$.
Had a friend, whose husband was very rich, she had everything imaginable, needed nothing. But she fell in love with a guy she worked with, that was very poor....she decided to divorce her husband and let him have everything, even her new car. She married the "poor" guy...and they lived "poorly" ever after!
Sounds like a "fairy tale".

Yea, but judging from how the OP posts, I think there are some self-esteem issues there. People who have self-esteem issues are more likely be unable to stand up to their parents.

Good point, I thought about that too, but I did not think the OP would understand.

If I were ugly and poor, with no hope of ever finding a woman, I would kiss my parents' asses so that I will inherit their dough.

Are his parents really like that? Wow, And I thought Jane Austen's novels were unbelievable. Sense and Sensibility, Anyone?

Are his parents really like that? Wow, And I thought Jane Austen's novels were unbelievable. Sense and Sensibility, Anyone?

Yeah...I remembered that I read jane austen's novels before, it is interesting story. Why does parents do to daughter when confront her boyfriend who is poor in the novel that happen in england?

The laws about who can inherit estate were real back in those days. Women do not have any security. They can only depend on well bred (good genes) , rich men.

Think it would be just awesome if you would tell us "what you think", majatan...so many questions as to "why, why, why"!....My son used to ask the same thing..."why, why, why"...he outgrew that.

So what is ur answer to ur question?

Back