Why did God pick people to be deaf?

Rose Immortal said:
Reba...exactly what I was pointing out. :)

BTW, another neat thing about that particular chapter: notice how incredibly smart the formerly blind man was. I have to think he learned most of it before gaining his sight, too. Don't you think that especially for ancient times, that portrays the disabled in a wonderful light?
Yes, I would say that the formerly blind man had more "insight" than the "able-bodied" crowd that questioned him.

It is also interesting how his parents told the crowd, "...he is of age; ask him: he shall speak for himself."

He was also very strong in his convictions. Despite the attacks from the Pharisees, and the fact that they even kicked him out of the congregation, he never waivered. He knew the truth of his experience, and he refused to let them destroy his faith.

Thats why when i die..When i stand in front of st peter i will request not to go to heaven.My reason why is i wanna be reborn back to earth until life goes right for me.If god wants me in heaven ill say NO and ill refuse it.Then i say if you want me up here then send me down until i do it right.And dont send me to an idiot intern doctor nether then ill ether be born deaf or blind again.I wanna be reborn with wealthy parents and with a sex appeal plus with an athletic ability with a 15 DB hearing so i can play football ether at michigan,Notre Dame or at USC.Thats what i call a decent life.

Buckdodgers said:
Thats why when i die..When i stand in front of st peter i will request not to go to heaven.My reason why is i wanna be reborn back to earth until life goes right for me.If god wants me in heaven ill say NO and ill refuse it.Then i say if you want me up here then send me down until i do it right.And dont send me to an idiot intern doctor nether then ill ether be born deaf or blind again.I wanna be reborn with wealthy parents and with a sex appeal plus with an athletic ability with a 15 DB hearing so i can play football ether at michigan,Notre Dame or at USC.Thats what i call a decent life.

I understand what you mean that you prefer to be
a wealthy sexy football player much better rather than
being a deaf guy with too many obstacles in your life.

I usually had difficult time understand the Lord
why did God pick you to be deaf ? I doubt
that's a punishment from God... No...

I recalled I asked my Mom about
this same thing before... I love my Mom
so much because of her common sense
with the Lord and Life.

She said that God wanted to create you
as a Deaf person because of His Plans/Purposes,
not as a Punishment.
God loves you no matter if you are Deaf.

Because God wanted to use you to show and
educate hearing people how to have
more patience with Deaf people.

Hope this answer may satisfy your question ?

Y said:

I usually had difficult time understand the Lord
why did God pick you to be deaf ? I doubt
that's a punishment from God... No...

I recalled I asked my Mom about
this same thing before... I love my Mom
so much because of her common sense
with the Lord and Life.

She said that God wanted to create you
as a Deaf person because of His Plans/Purposes,
not as a Punishment.
God loves you no matter if you are Deaf.

Because God wanted to use you to show and
educate hearing people how to have
more patience with Deaf people.

Hope this answer may satisfy your question ?

Like what im doing,,,Trying to get laws passed to help the quility on deaf people? I dont wanna be like Rev Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson.God made them black to get the government to be fair to black people.I dont buy that. If blacks want rights then they should listen to bill cosby Not people like rev al or jessie jackson...But thats beside the point here. I dont wanna get the government to change things ..I wanna be like normal people with a normal life like be a good husband to my wife and a good father to my children.Look at Reggie White..Thats what i wanna be like He was an NFL player had kids and a lovely wife.I wanted to be able to attend football pratice every fall n winter as well go to the stadium play football and come home to my wife and kids after im done tackling players and sacking QBs plus signing autographs.Thats what i want.

Reba said:
Yes, I would say that the formerly blind man had more "insight" than the "able-bodied" crowd that questioned him.

It is also interesting how his parents told the crowd, "...he is of age; ask him: he shall speak for himself."

He was also very strong in his convictions. Despite the attacks from the Pharisees, and the fact that they even kicked him out of the congregation, he never waivered. He knew the truth of his experience, and he refused to let them destroy his faith.

Some say the parents were passing the buck to avoid being persecuted by the Pharisees. Even if that's true, that DOES say something good about what they thought of their son's intellect. He must've been a smart cookie right from the start. That may have even been a peripheral reason that Jesus healed him...not only was he a man of strong convictions as you correctly say, but in that time a blind person didn't have as much opportunity as he would now. This is probably a guy who really needed to be contributing much more to society than society was permitting him to at the time. It would be interesting to find out what happened to him after that. Somehow I see him as a leader or prominent member of a church somewhere...

Rose Immortal said:
... It would be interesting to find out what happened to him after that. Somehow I see him as a leader or prominent member of a church somewhere...
Very possible.

Look at the bright side. We're able to type and talk in English. This world is not perfect. Its really fun and challenging being deaf or hard of hearing in this world!!!!!!! It helps to build one each of us all to build up our character and language. Just talking out of my mouth as in general.

thats like asking why did god make me have eplisey or why did god make so many kids die at tender age from cancer. God made us all different and some of us similiar so we can relate to eachother, but he wouldn't ever assign us all with different health, senses, ect..problems.

Buckdodgers said:
I don't wanna be like Rev Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson . . .

Maybe you don't, Buck, but I do and I want to be on television and speak out, forcing, literally, society to accept it and change in the deaf/hoh favor. Enough is enough! Get me mad enough I may run for U.S. Senate!

hootster said:
Thats a poor analogy.

One has the choice to spend or not to spend money.

Being deaf is not a choice that one can make....

I'm well aware of that, but at the same time, I have yet to meet any deaf/hoh folks like myself that enjoy being a "circus act" for the hearies.

No such a thing that Jesus or God made people to be deaf.

In fact, it has to do with the environment problems such as DDT (a few companies still make that chemical for spraying on farms), DNA disruption (radio waves, radiation, drugs), and air pollution (vehicles, refrigerators, and airplanes). Our body is "fragile" because we are human being.

webexplorer said:
No such a thing that Jesus or God made people to be deaf.

In fact, it has to do with the environment problems such as DDT (a few companies still make that chemical for spraying on farms), DNA disruption (radio waves, radiation, drugs), and air pollution (vehicles, refrigerators, and airplanes). Our body is "fragile" because we are human being.
If anyone can Prove radio waves,Cause you get deaf ,Can you Sue?

Buckdodgers said:
Sure, you can sue Guglielmo Marconi. :D

Eyeth said:
How did you come up with the '26 million' DHH figure in the United States? I checked this Population Clock as maintained by the Census Bureau, multiplied that figure by an historical incidence figure of 1:1000 to come up with approximately 298,000 DHH people in the United States. Even then, it feels too much. Halve that figure to around 149,000 DHH people in the U.S., and things seem to be reasonable.
keep in mind.. that 1:1000 ratio is currently present years..

back in 50's 60's the ratio is much more can be 1:500

and that's the birth ratio..

people lose hearing over the years. so there's more..

I believe that god didn't decide people to become deaf.. i believe people made people deaf.

I am glad that God allows me to be deaf, so He could gain my insights. I became deaf when I was 3 months old and started drawin' when I was 3 years old. I was dismissed high school one month earlier when I was 18 due to high credits while other senior students have to stay in high school. I found Jesus Christ when I was 18 through one deaf elderly man who witnessed me about Him in Metro Bus.

Supposedly, IF God don't allow me to be deaf, what would my life be like ? What kind of person I was if, it wasn't me to be deaf ?

If, I was hearin' -- then, I would probably never draw at the age of 3 years or found Jesus Christ at the age of 18. I would probably be like my siblin' who haven't found Him in their lives and they are in their 40's.

And, also I would not be here in this AD to get to know you and others. My life is soo good ! :)

Buckdodgers said:

Who is Sue? (Just kidding)

No, we cannot afford to sue... unless if it is a class lawsuit. Some type of waves in the air that "interrupt" our DNA. I don't want to jump this conclusion. One day, some scientists might announce on the news. Right now, the corporations have so much money that tell some congress people to shut up and accept their big gift (money). You would look up some information on google so that you could find something interesting. The DNA is a map where it connects all the places in our body. If one that goes wrong, it could lead to deaf or cancer or gray hairs (who knows) or stress, etc. But wave is not the only one, and there are more out there.

I am sorry to tell you guys that Jesus was dead a long time ago because he was human - like us. Perhaps, he could be a spirit over your shoulder.

Back