Why did God pick people to be deaf?

Discussion in 'Our World, Our Culture' started by Momoftwo, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Momoftwo

Momoftwo Guest

If God created people to be deaf, then why did God pick people to be deaf? There are billions and billions people who are hearing in the world. There is only about 2 millions people who are deaf in the US or world. Just want to hear your feedbacks.....thanks!

2. Cheri

Cheri Prayers for my dad. Premium Member

I have no correct answer for you, I don't know why either, there are deaf, handicapp, people with disabilities, people with different race, blind, blind and deaf.

3. zookeeper4321

zookeeper4321 New Member

That would be one of the many reasons I am a non-believer!

4. Fabian

Fabian New Member

Because he has a plan for you. He is the only one that knows the answer, instead of asking yourself that question, look at the million of people that are hearing yet not succesful. Because a person is Deaf does not means that we are a minor difference than the rest of the population, and if you have what it takes, being deaf is actually good because you can put that in good use to help others. I think is something we must accept not matter what.

5. sr171soars

sr171soars New Member

A deep question requires a deep answer.

I don't think any of us really understand the "Why". I think Fabian comes tanalizingly close to a very possible answer. I take it more in the vein that God allows such a condition (really any condition) due to sin nature in the world as opposed to "zapping" certain people to be deaf (Um...I (God) am going to make this and that person deaf today). But as Fabian alludes to, I can see where by allowing it, one can help others. Those who have been there can understand where somebody who has not or is now going through it.

As Fabian indicated, acceptance of self is extremely important.

6. pek1

pek1 New Member

That makes as much sense as filing bankruptcy and blaming it on society for "making" you spend money you don't have! I'm hoh/deaf because that's how God made me! Would I change it if I could? Probably not! It appears like you're quite bitter; I sure hope not.

7. deafdyke

deafdyke Well-Known Member

How do we know that people with disabilites are not somehow closer to God or whatever Presense May Be? B/c I have adapted to my difference and grown as a soul, perhaps I am closer to God? Traditional thinking is that disabilty equates with sin from a previous life......but you know, if you can adapt to your disabilty then it's not limiting!

8. Rose Immortal

Rose Immortal New Member

My personal guess is, you may have a mission that is easier to carry out because you are deaf, not harder.

I do not mean "easier" or "harder" in terms of the amount of effort you must exert to accomplish it, but I would suggest your probability of success is higher because of that work.

I apply the same reasoning to any challenges people encounter in life, though--by working through them and learning in the process, one builds resilience, skills, and perspectives that aid in the success of one's particular mission in life.

I've known someone who was hoh that I thought this applied to...she rose to the challenges she dealt with (which included losing her mother at an early age to a drunk driver as well as some vision troubles) and was WAY more mature than other people I knew at her age. Even when I knew her, at 13 or so, I could tell she was going to really be headed places because of the strength of character she was developing...and she was already making her mark in the way she dealt with people and the things she had to say. :)

There are other factors that lead to strength of character, too, but I think a disability can be one of them.

9. VamPyroX

VamPyroX bloody phreak from hell

Cuz God gambles. He rolls a dice and goes... "Hmm, I got a ONE. The next person will be born deaf." He rolls again... "Hmm, I got a THREE. The next person will be born blind." ;)

10. Rose Immortal

Rose Immortal New Member

I think one Albert Einstein would disagree...

11. Cousin Vinny

Cousin Vinny New Member

At the slight risk of betraying my DnD heritage, perhaps God uses icosahedral dice for the human race. :)

12. LisaMarie

LisaMarie New Member

nobody can answer this only God can answer this. Same as why did God give people different personality, race, diablity, tree, plants, and so on!

13. MorriganTait

MorriganTait New Member

I personally don't believe in pre-determination or that God assigns disabilities to people. No one is born "perfect" and we become less perfect as life goes on - but I just can't fathom a God who would deliberately give a person a disability of any sort.

14. Audiofuzzy

Audiofuzzy Well-Known Member

I am closest with Sylvia Browne theories on this one.

Sylvia says when we are entities in the other dimension, (the other side),
    we choose who are we gonna be, what are we gonna experience etc. to enrich our spirit.
    Because on the other side there is no negativity we have to incarnate into human bodies to experience what we wish to experience. We make detailed map of our life on Earth. Very detailed.

The more we learn from our experiences the closer to God we are. When we are wise enough we become part of God.

Something like that.. :)
    Fuzzy

15. Liebling:-)))

Liebling:-))) Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09* Premium Member

Why blames God? :roll:

16. hootster

hootster New Member

Yeah...I agree with ya.

I dont believe that God "assigns" certain disabilities to people.

Everyone, think about it. If he actually played a direct role in our lives, do you REALLY think that he wants us to suffer? If so, what a cruel joke.

That being said, I think that shit just happens. Its not cuz of God. Its cuz of genetics or diseases or whatever...

/Deist
    //used to be a Catholic until saw through their bullshit.

17. MorriganTait

MorriganTait New Member

Why do you think a direct role equals omnipotence? God plays a direct role in my life, but he's not a puppet-master.

18. hootster

hootster New Member

Thats a poor analogy.

One has the choice to spend or not to spend money.

Being deaf is not a choice that one can make....

19. hootster

hootster New Member

Ok, I said that I was a deist. I think that explains it all.

20. Rose Immortal

Rose Immortal New Member

I don't see God as wanting people to suffer. But, I think the nature of this world is such that if you aren't challenged in one particular way, you'll surely be challenged in another. Could be disability, could be social status, could be a whole host of things.