who's Ddeaf,Hhoh and hearing here on ADforum?

are you Hoh, Deaf, Hearing?

• Deaf

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Hoh

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Hearing

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Hearing but involved with someone who is in option one or two

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
Hoh

Deaf for 9 years now, although I adapt ok with HA's. had already developed speech, so people say I speak mostly good. getting much better with lip reading. I wished I'd have known ASL very good by now, but I am struggling with ASL formated communication vs English speech. I don't get to really sign with people...don't go to deaf events etc, so that is hampering my association with the context of ASL.

Use CI, but not as much hoh/deaf without it, rusty ASL, sign variants (created short hand spelling type of signing before learning ASL), speak well, mastered sailor french...

i am deaf and born that way i can read lips (depend) and talk pretty well ( depend on words) and sign very well ^_^

Deaf dude here, AUSLAN and ASL user. Speak very well also.

I am profoundly deaf in both ears, 28% in right ear and 8% in left ear. I've been pretty much deaf since I was 3 months old! Btw I'm also new here! Hiya!

I am HOH and I do talk. But don't have really good speech and still feel like I am deaf. :)

HOH but raised in a deaf world and residential deaf school. I can hear well enough (with digital HA's) to play and enjoy music and speak well enough to work with the public as a Window Clerk at the Post Office. ASL is my first language and spoken English is my second language.

Hearing, and a poor signer but I love the language and I really want to learn to sign better.

I'm hearing, my sign language is at a conversational level, but not yet fluent.

I go to a Deaf church and wish I had more deaf friends, but there are not many young adults at the church.

I don't have time for any more sign language classes, so I hope to improve my sign by interacting with more Deaf people.

My husband is hearing and also knows some sign.

Back