Who would go watch RR and Angel wedding in July 2007?

I would like to attend their wedding unless I receive their wedding invitation card. Only about 1 and half hour to drive. :fingersx:

Like everyone else in here would love to go to their wedding, I would like to as well but with due respect, inviting yourself to a wedding would not only make things look good - I can understand that sometime when a person wants to go to the wedding without invitation is a nice thing because the person is thinking of them and wants to be very much a part of the wedding by becoming a spectactor.

Now on the other hand, I can understand why invitation are only extended to the ones that the couple are giving out to because they certainly would not want any strangers coming up to their wedding or for whatever reason that could be. A wedding should be shared with family, friends and whomever that the couple wants to be at the wedding. It is not meant for strangers showing up unannounced and uninvited though.

AMEN! I do agreed with you. It is totally up to ^Angel^ and RR's decision who they would like to invite to their wedding. I would accept if I am not invited.

But I will always think of them on their wedding day. :)

Like everyone else in here would love to go to their wedding, I would like to as well but with due respect, inviting yourself to a wedding would not only make things look good - I can understand that sometime when a person wants to go to the wedding without invitation is a nice thing because the person is thinking of them and wants to be very much a part of the wedding by becoming a spectactor.

Now on the other hand, I can understand why invitation are only extended to the ones that the couple are giving out to because they certainly would not want any strangers coming up to their wedding or for whatever reason that could be. A wedding should be shared with family, friends and whomever that the couple wants to be at the wedding. It is not meant for strangers showing up unannounced and uninvited though.

I think volcomskatz doesn´t mean to expect an invitation from RR and Angel to attend their wedding but just watch their wedding outside of church...

Please correct if I am mistake or what, volcomskatz.

Yea, You got right but just depends on watch outside of church or watch in church, also just depends on their decide and get invitation.

It did happened to my graduation, I sent 25 invitation to my families and friends to watch graduation and other 15 are welcome to watch our graduation without invitation but I'm not mad if my friend or families watch our graduation, birthday party or wedding day without invitation.

i agree with laketahoe and jolie_77

it can be rude to show up unannounce
always think of them on their wedding day

yea i agree with u for this.

I guess I'll just send somoke signals onto an easterly wind from So. CA.

'ya what??! :lol: I'm sure you'll do the honors of 'cooking' some bbq...but from the valley of Ca., hence, sending smoke signals our way eastwardly where we just might follow those smoke signals to the west for our honeymoon...stopping by to check and feast on your cooking skills? :lol:

I would love to be at their beautiful event too. It would be so nice to finally meet the bride and groom face to face and all the Alldeaf members. This will most definitely be a fairy tale event!!! Happy planning guys!!!

I got it now and understood... I know it´s different between Europe and America because I work for US
Government.

For Europe - You are not invite to attend any speical occassions but you are welcome to watch outside or inside or congrat them as person, but not attend their parties because you are not invite.

For America - You still must have invitation to watch, no matter either you didn´t attend any special occassions nor watch them. Is it rude if Americans come to watch any special occassion voluntarily Right? but for Europe, not... They are pleased to see many outsiders to congrats them... They don´t have to receive the invitation but heard the rumor around and then up to them either they want to watch them and happy then leave...

I work for US Government for over 20 years and know their ways. Example: We received invitation to attend solider´s farewell party at canteen. We (Europeans) often correct each other that it´s not invitation but welcome... because we pay our meal ourselves to celebrate his/her farewell party. For European - If you received Invitation to celebrate, mean is they treat you with drinks and foods. I remember when I started to work there at 20 years ago... I received an Invitation to attend solider´s farewell party... I was like :confused: because I didn´t know solider well... I asked my co-worker about this and then suggest to share the donation to buy present for solider... My co-worker laughed and said, oh no, you do not need it because you pay your own meal & drink... I was like :confused: and said "Why solider write "Invitation", not "Welcome" ... My co-worker said that it´s American´s way. I was like Ohhhhh.. I know their ways now... until I saw this thread here and understood prefect...

It´s European way to receive pleased greet from outsiders because the outsiders know they are not invited but just watch them...and pay their respect.

If anyone who don´t want anyone to come to watch them then don´t let them know when/date of wedding... Most Europeans married secret and then later surprised anyone that they are married...

I understand and respect America´s culture that Americans must to have invitation to watch RR & Angel´s wedding...

I would like to apology because I didn´t think twice before I made some posts because I forget it´s American forum.

Oh yes, some Americans, I work with write "Invitation" and then write "foods and drink are free". I was like :confused: because they wrote twice..."Invitation" and foods & drink free... For us not... If I see Invitation which mean eat and drink free including... "Welcome" to say goodbye which mean that you pay meal and drink by your own...

Yea, You got right but just depends on watch outside of church or watch in church, also just depends on their decide and get invitation.

It did happened to my graduation, I sent 25 invitation to my families and friends to watch graduation and other 15 are welcome to watch our graduation without invitation but I'm not mad if my friend or families watch our graduation, birthday party or wedding day without invitation.

I understood... I just answered Jolie´s post... I know now it´s different between Europe and America.

Okay for now... It´s up to RR and Angel.

Hope they will post a video of their wedding here like Lev and Mayflower's?

Do you remember their wedding in video for everyone to share?

WOW! I'm amazed that somebody still remembers that! :thumb:

I certainly hope that RR and Angel post video of their wedding, but that's up to them. :|

Cheri, I thought you would be catering the wedding, not participating. After all, a good BBQ chef is hard to find. :mrgreen:
Just kidding, girl—love ya! :ily: *ducks and runs for cover*
3.gif

I got it now and understood... I know it´s different between Europe and America because I work for US
Government.

Actually, yes - Each culture has it's own customs. Some of them are conservative on following the customs but some aren't.

For Europe - You are not invite to attend any speical occassions but you are welcome to watch outside or inside or congrat them as person, but not attend their parties because you are not invite.

I see, So it's down to the fine line by saying if you were not invited to a wedding in Europe - You only are able to congratulate the Bride and the Groom outside after the wedding ceremony, nor not going to the reception.

For America - You still must have invitation to watch, no matter either you didn´t attend any special occassions nor watch them. Is it rude if Americans come to watch any special occassion voluntarily Right? but for Europe, not... They are pleased to see many outsiders to congrats them... They don´t have to receive the invitation but heard the rumor around and then up to them either they want to watch them and happy then leave..

You are somewhat correct on this, However if the couple says the wedding is OPEN to the public - That would mean anyone can show up to the wedding and leave. The main reason is, They do an invitation for a reason. That is because they are wanting to know how many people would come to see the wedding and to be at the reception in order to provide enough drinks and foods for the reception, so and on.

I work for US Government for over 20 years and know their ways. Example: We received invitation to attend solider´s farewell party at canteen. We (Europeans) often correct each other that it´s not invitation but welcome... because we pay our meal ourselves to celebrate his/her farewell party. For European - If you received Invitation to celebrate, mean is they treat you with drinks and foods. I remember when I started to work there at 20 years ago... I received an Invitation to attend solider´s farewell party... I was like :confused: because I didn´t know solider well... I asked my co-worker about this and then suggest to share the donation to buy present for solider... My co-worker laughed and said, oh no, you do not need it because you pay your own meal & drink... I was like :confused: and said "Why solider write "Invitation", not "Welcome" ... My co-worker said that it´s American´s way. I was like Ohhhhh.. I know their ways now... until I saw this thread here and understood prefect...

Yeah, Each country has it's own way of with the words. It can be for the same meaning but in a different way. I know, sometime it can be quite confusing but in time you learn and to know the difference.

It´s European way to receive pleased greet from outsiders because the outsiders know they are not invited but just watch them...and pay their respect.

If you're not invited to a wedding party here in America, You still are welcome to greet the couple outside as well after the wedding is done but however, It is best to let the couple know ahead of time that you would be attending without an invitation. That'd be using your courtesy.

I would like to apology because I didn´t think twice before I made some posts because I forget it´s American forum.

It's no problem at all. That's why we all are here to learn from each other. Actually I find it quite interesting learning more about the European customs.

I also would like to add this - Bascially it comes down to the couple. Some couple does not mind if a person shows up uninvited but some of them don't like it. It just depends really but in overall, it is considered rude when you invite yourself to a wedding. That's all to what I wanted to say.

wow, thank you for share interesting post...

Actually, yes - Each culture has it's own customs. Some of them are conservative on following the customs but some aren't.

Yes, I´m agree to this.

I see, So it's down to the fine line by saying if you were not invited to a wedding in Europe - You only are able to congratulate the Bride and the Groom outside after the wedding ceremony, nor not going to the reception.

Yes, that´s right.

You only get invitation to attend wedding church/reception... Without invitation but they invite themselves as outsiders to congratulate the fresh married couple then leave, not go to receiption. (like what volcomskatz suggest in his thread for "watch" RR & Angel´s wedding and congralate them then leave..., not go to receiption).

You are somewhat correct on this, However if the couple says the wedding is OPEN to the public - That would mean anyone can show up to the wedding and leave. The main reason is, They do an invitation for a reason. That is because they are wanting to know how many people would come to see the wedding and to be at the reception in order to provide enough drinks and foods for the reception, so and on.

Outsiders don´t have to get foods and drinks because they are not invite... Outsiders could get each glass of champagne to cheer fresh married couple only if married couple want it.... It´s not obligation.. Foods and drinks in receiption is for invitation only.

Yeah, Each country has it's own way of with the words. It can be for the same meaning but in a different way. I know, sometime it can be quite confusing but in time you learn and to know the difference.

True, I confuse sometimes but I get use it, that´s why we remind each other that it´s welcome to say solider good bye... - don´t forget to bring money because we have to pay our own meal...

If you're not invited to a wedding party here in America, You still are welcome to greet the couple outside as well after the wedding is done but however,

Yes, it´s an exactly what Europeans did like that.

It is best to let the couple know ahead of time that you would be attending without an invitation. That'd be using your courtesy.

I understand.

It's no problem at all. That's why we all are here to learn from each other. Actually I find it quite interesting learning more about the European customs.

Yes, me too... :thumb:

I also would like to add this - Bascially it comes down to the couple. Some couple does not mind if a person shows up uninvited but some of them don't like it. It just depends really but in overall, it is considered rude when you invite yourself to a wedding. That's all to what I wanted to say.

Yes I understand.

Europeans would consider rude if you invite yourself to a Wedding Reception, but not outside of church to watch and congrulate fresh married couple.

That´s why I´m here to learn America´s culture and enjoy to know nice Americans around including you... :thumb: I enjoy myself to read your posts.

I am not goin' to RR and Angel's weddin' -- invited or not invited.

I have soo much things to do that I plan to do ahead of me. :)

"issues" invited because manners to invite you come or not.. respect that key..

Reason so many wedding have been bad crashed wedding cause bad wedding.. that reason avoid... so many many good reasons..

I'd rather stick w/ invitation more respect and manners who want welcome to my wedding. That how works. As far I understand different country who isn't same other countries are totally differnet... I hope you could understand..

I've seen watch t.v. I forgot what name title.. Break my heart.. some of wedding went sour because of murder mass and uninvited BASH them and drunk crywolf as so many different issues.. That why I refused publish on newspaper or other kinds.. simlair on AD as publish.. Just annocement finely nice news spill their own NEWS.. "Forthcoming wedding 07-07-07" That is it.. BUT... refused tell where location will be held wedding at... private thier own decision where locatred and recepition.. unless you're invitation card!

Reason so many wedding have been bad crashed wedding cause bad wedding.. that reason avoid... so many many good reasons..

I'd rather stick w/ invitation more respect and manners who want welcome to my wedding. That how works. As far I understand different country who isn't same other countries are totally differnet... I hope you could understand..

I've seen watch t.v. I forgot what name title.. Break my heart.. some of wedding went sour because of murder mass and uninvited BASH them and drunk crywolf as so many different issues.. That why I refused publish on newspaper or other kinds.. simlair on AD as publish.. Just annocement finely nice news spill their own NEWS.. "Forthcoming wedding 07-07-07" That is it.. BUT... refused tell where location will be held wedding at... private thier own decision where locatred and recepition.. unless you're invitation card!

Right! :)

and also if who are not invited just be accept dont get feel hurt something like that just be happy to said congrats on RR and ^Angel^ :)

Congrats to rr and angel on future marriage in 2007...it 's up to them if they want to invite me...:fingersx:

I think you don´t get what I tried to explain.

Example:
If you get an invitation then go to wedding reception (party) and in the church.

If you don´t have any invitation, then watch and congrat them outside of church and then go back home, not go in wedding receiption because you didn´t have invitation card for reception (party) and in the church.

It´s rude and bad manner to invite yourself to go in church or wedding reception. Just watch them outside of church is not invitation but welcome to congrat them and then go back home.

It´s not just wedding but Christening, etc. We invited our close friends and relative to go in church and celebrate my children´s christening. We got lovely surprised when we got out of church to being greet many people from village where I live. I stay outside with them for 10 minutes and then say goodbye and go back home to have party with my close friends and relatives.

Understand what I mean? It´s German ways.

I think you don´t get what I tried to explain.

Example:
If you get an invitation then go to wedding reception (party) and in the church.

If you don´t have any invitation, then watch and congrat them outside of church and then go back home, not go in wedding receiption because you didn´t have invitation card for reception (party) and in the church.

It´s rude and bad manner to invite yourself to go in church or wedding reception. Just watch them outside of church is not invitation but welcome to congrat them and then go back home.

It´s not just wedding but Christening, etc. We invited our close friends and relative to go in church and celebrate my children´s christening. We got lovely surprised when we got out of church to being greet many people from village where I live. I stay outside with them for 10 minutes and then say goodbye and go back home to have party with my close friends and relatives.

Understand what I mean? It´s German ways.

Liebling,

Of course I do understand what r u explain...

My answer: As far I understand different country who isn't same other countries are totally differnet Pretty interesting about this cultures aren't same others.. I do respect their own culutres.. Not even bother at all... Which Europe (Country) have totally cool and respect theirs different cultures feel more excitiment celebrate! I've seen on the TV..

Espically In US/CANADA are depends where location and have been crazy peoples who already bash/blunt or crashes the wedding.. (Zero respect) that reason they (whoever) prefer low profile and affordable pay the reasonable prices to have invitation.. Totally differnet..

as for me... "I'd rather stick w/ invitation more respect and manners who want welcome to my wedding." Reason to prevent my ex'es or ex-friends trying to ruinned the wedding.. That's all..

Liebling wrote: If you don´t have any invitation, then watch and congrat them outside of church and then go back home, not go in wedding receiption because you didn´t have invitation card for reception (party) and in the church.
If the groom/bride wishes have them welcomed and stay outside...That would be fine as long they are willing.. Openily... Sure welcomed! Espically other Groom/Bride aren't wishes welcomed them stay outside for congrate.. which isn't their business due their prefer stick w/invitation card welcomed only. Vary peoples who prefer... :dunno:
As far, I do understand about different cultures who feel more openily welcomed.

Liebling's wrote: Understand what I mean? It´s German
ways.
Certian of course I do understand likely prevouis well I said.. " I have no problem with whoever their own cultures differently"

Honestly, Don't blame on me because I don't know how's going on? Don't fuck up with me.

You are going hurt my feeling then is that's your thread? Hell no...

You brought up about ASL.. they were talking about wedding...you went off topic...

Back