Who is single here?

I was engaged when I was 19 and were all set to be married. She was in the army though, so she was called for deployment in her last year. We would talk almost every night, but of course, she had to call since they used private lines when in Iraq. One day, the calls just stopped coming, and I called her mother to see what was going on. Turns out she was doing fine, just having a "problem" and I'd find out when the time was right. Her last day of deployment, she flew back home and she called me to tell me to pack all of our stuff, we were moving tomorrow. So I excitedly packed up (a one bedroom apartment wasn't hard to get into a single uhaul alone) and she showed up the next day with her sergeant. She promptly told me that yes, we were both moving, but I was moving out, and they were moving closer to her parents. Never seen her again.

So I've been single since then, and am 24 now.
and so you hopped in the uhaul and drove off into the sunset with everything ( I hope) because the hell if I pack, load and let her get a free ride out with her crap.... prove its yours then you can have it... Then call momma and rip her up one side and down the other... evil witches.

I'm single. Never been married. Last time I was close (thinking I would fall in love) she broke it off soon after my mom died of all things--and she did it in a really rude way. Ah well... her loss, huh? :(
Not just her loss. She's pretty much a bitch. You deserve better though.

I am tired of the hearing people keep playing me game if I am still single. NO FAIR!! :/

Sweetie... you are pushing 50 and hollering no fair? Life is not fair ... sadly. And games are not just for the hearing... deaf play enough as well.... but life is life. I wish you well in your next relationship.

I am divorced. I was in an abusive relationship for 15 years. Self-esteem problems that close friends and family did not understand that I had. When the system labels you deaf and dumb even though you are not dumb, it hurts. It took me a long time to recover from that. I had to not only leave that marriage, but I had to realize that I really did have a brain. Some public education systems are very derogatory, and some teachers are very unkind.

I have been single now for over 30 years. Never found someone to marry. Had a few good long relationships, but never one that led to another marriage.

Yeah like 23 years ago I vow'd no more kids and here I got a 6yo too....lmao But I love them to death !!!!

LOL I did I did not want kids growing up .... I have had 6... they are awesome. But kids and marriage/dating is different... have the kids no need for a man anymore lol :D

LOL I did I did not want kids growing up .... I have had 6... they are awesome. But kids and marriage/dating is different... have the kids no need for a man anymore lol :D
You slave laborer...lol Poor kids..... Nah just kidding, but nice if they help as they get older. Hell Im 48 and still help my parents, just pissed my lazy ass sister does nothing for them

You slave laborer...lol Poor kids..... Nah just kidding, but nice if they help as they get older. Hell Im 48 and still help my parents, just pissed my lazy ass sister does nothing for them

Haha no, did not mean to give the impression that I make my kids do all the work :) it is respectable that you still help your parents.

^You are brave. That quote button is really close to the like button. Especially on my phone. :afro:

I am single as well. So far, it's challenge to find somebody in my hometown. Do you have similar experiences?

Back