Who is long married and how long to the same person

Annie09Z

Reaction score
Will be 53 years for me in May of this year. Yikes, that seems like forever! :lol:

13 years. Maybe not real long but more than 1/3 or my life :D Plus we where together for 3 years before that. Considering most of the people I know are now divorced I think of us as the long termers.

13 years. Maybe not real long but more than 1/3 or my life :D Plus we where together for 3 years before that. Considering most of the people I know are now divorced I think of us as the long termers.

Good for you, keep on keeping on!

Just shy of 25 years when my husband passed 5+ years ago.

7 years together, 8 years marriage soon makes 15 years (in few weeks) together total. Have two handsome sons! Would be nice have a girl, oh well.

37 years in March. (Of course I was only 11 when married. Give or take 10 years. ;) )

My second husband and I had been married for 15 years before he passed away. We would have stay married for a long time. It does not matter how long you have been married. The important thing is to be happy and contented with committed to staying together as long as you want to stay married. No one is perfect. Happy wedding anniversary if you are getting to the day of the date of your marriage. 53 years is a long time and wow, that is great. I hope you continue to have more years in your marriage. :D :thumb:

This year will be our 10 year wedding anniversary with my 2nd husband. My first marriage lasted only 7 years so I am looking forward to hitting this milestone and many more with my hubby. :)

What's the secret of a long lasting union with your better half?...It's amazing to be married more than 10 years to one person....(with all the divorces)....

What's the secret of a long lasting union with your better half?...It's amazing to be married more than 10 years to one person....(with all the divorces)....

Let me think about that, Robin.....hmm, I have found that opposites attract in my situation. I cannot believe how different my dh and I are. He's serious, I have a sense of humor, he spends money like crazy, I like to save, he's a pack rat, I throw everything away, he likes clutter, I'm neat, he's social, I'm a hermit, he angers quickly, I'm laid back and keep calm. I could go on and on! The only likeness is our politics, we're both Conservatives, that must be our saving grace :lol:

Annie, you sound a LOT like my parents... if you hadn't said March I could almost swear it WAS my parents except that neither are HoH or deaf.

They were high school sweethearts.. introduced to each other by mother's sister.

Annie, you sound a LOT like my parents... if you hadn't said March I could almost swear it WAS my parents except that neither are HoH or deaf.

They were high school sweethearts.. introduced to each other by mother's sister.

Hmm, we must be the same age as your folks, we graduated high school in 1961. Hi, to your folks.

My parents were married 62 years before my dad passed away. Mom followed 9 months later. They surprised us as we had given them a 40 year anniversary party because we didn't think they'd still be together for their 50th. :lol:

Back