Who has the Sonic Boom Alarm Clock?

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am seriously considering one for purchase and I wanted to know if the alarm and bed shaker hold up after years and years. I don't want to purchase a cheap product that will have to be replaced every 6-12 months. Other than that I am told this is a very good alarm - although at 113 dB, I am thinking I will have to silence the sound on it or risk disturbing the neighbors for when I move into the apartment. :shock:

I do, I highly recommend it. I've had it for over 3 years so far.

I have had mine for at least 5 years. Love the thing. There is both a vibrate and a sound, you don't need to use both. It is well worth the price (which isn't expensive.)

Dixie, I have one also. Mine is fairly new. It will wake you up thats for sure. First time it went off I litterally jumped out of bed. However, I live in Cali and thought it was an earthquake. Good Luck

I have the Sonic Boom Alarm Clock combo since 2009… I only had it replaced because I left the alarm on after going on the trip… although they told me it was supposed to go off after certain period of time but apparently not… also they will replace if defective right away under warranty. so far, it's great! This is what I bought at DeafNation Expo back in 2009: Sonic Alert 2.0 - Signaling Systems - Sound Signalers - SS1200c Combination Signaling System

I've been using a Sonic Boom alarm clock for many years. I highly recommend them. The portable one is very useful as well for when you are away from home. I use the vibrate only option which makes it virtually silent.

I have a similar one but it is not a sonic one but the latest and newest model with flashing strobe on it, bought it last year, worth every cent. :)

I've had 2 sonic alarms in my life. One from before 2000-2006ish, then I had to buy another one and still use it today. I have to admit that it's not that great of a quality. The first one I had, after 4 years of using it, I could tell that a wire was loose, because the bed shaker wasn't working (but when I jiggled the jack, it would work sometimes). I opened the alarm and soldered the loose wire. The inside looked really poor quality, but that alarm gave me 2 more years. Now in this new one, after 4 years, the bed shaker stopped working again. I haven't opened this alarm yet to see if the wire is loose because the light flashing is sufficient enough to wake me up.

In a nutshell, the alarm, while semi-crappy quality, will definitely hold up for at least 4 years and definitely worth it for me.

Get a bird to wake you up. Of course, you have to take care of this bird...

My Sonic Alert alarm clock (Black) is more than 10 years old. Working fine!! If broken down, I will buy new one (White).

Interesting. I have one that didn't last 3 years. I think it's junk. However, since I have a whole system, we'll likely get a new one. Maybe this time it will last.

I had Sonic Boom alarm clock twice in the past and hated them.

I have a Boon Alarm clock ! Marty bumped his adorable little wet nose into my nose to wake me up today! And boy does it work!

I got my first one when I was in... maybe 5th grade, lasted for years. Had to get a new one about 3 or 4 years ago cause we had 1 too many power outages that killed the first one haha. Had the first one for maybe 10 years or so.

I have one too! It works great, although I left the alarm going when I was away once too, and the pad broke. So watch out for that one!

^^^ That's the one I have too. (The one you USED to have. :) )

Back