Who has HDTV television ?

deafclimber

Reaction score
who has HDTV television ? if so, do you have experience problem with CC on HDTV program ? what is your opinion about those HDTVs with CCs ? any tip with HDTV ?

i have 27" hdtv LCD only with DVR. A YPbPr cable is connected on DVR and LCD. i dont like Svideo or RF cables connected on because the qualtiy is not crystal clear as YPbPr's. i prefer YPbPr.

We do have HD Television but for SOME bizarre reason, we cannot see our HD channels from our cable...I guess we have to call to enable those HD channels or something.

So I don't know if I can help ya there. The only con it got-- since it is HD, the regular channels' video quality sucks. We can see the pixels and strong color contrast between one shade of black and next light shade of black.

gnarlydorkette said:
We do have HD Television but for SOME bizarre reason, we cannot see our HD channels from our cable...I guess we have to call to enable those HD channels or something.

So I don't know if I can help ya there. The only con it got-- since it is HD, the regular channels' video quality sucks. We can see the pixels and strong color contrast between one shade of black and next light shade of black.

yea i agree with ya. i have to use all HD channels only for a while. i know in the future all HD channels will become standard channels. i think i have about 15 HD channels... but i can watch standard (nonHD)channels with Svideo cable connected which works fine with analog CCs. Any HD channel doesnt work with analog CCs(builtin CC in TVs). Digitial CCs only work on HD channels if you have DVR or HD tuner box.

I have the 32" Sharp Aquos. I noticed when I'm watching some cable program (via DVI connection), it will miss some letters when captioning but it's not a big deal. However, when I watching DVD movies (via HDMI connection) the captioning is perfect.

Here's a pic of my Aquos:

sharp_aquos.jpg

alex, cool ! u have a great taste, dude !. i love metalic thingies. :) i can see ur xbox ! :)

i do have hdtv (umm its 52") something.....my hubby's toy....

no problem w cc anyways.

deafclimber said:
alex, cool ! u have a great taste, dude !. i love metalic thingies. :) i can see ur xbox ! :)
Thanks. Yes, that's my XBox I bought almost 2 years ago and never used it until last month. I have used it several times only since. :o

Alex said:
Thanks. Yes, that's my XBox I bought almost 2 years ago and never used it until last month. I have used it several times only since. :o

whoa ! why were u delaying ur quality time with xbox ! ? heh. i hope u play halo 2 online. it rocks !

Just bought a 32" SOny HDTV and man, i m so disappointed about CC! No sign of CC at all on HD!
It only works on regular TV channels :(

How to solve this issue!!????

Do i need a cable box for it?

I tried DVD player/TV HDTV componets(spell?) cable and the CC is working fine :confused: !

I ll try do some search to find some info about HDTV CC...argh..we are now back to ice-age ;)

Thanks!
YOMAN!

I have HD RPTV, it's a 52" Sony. Very happy with it. I also have a HD DirecTV. I can get CC on any channel that CC supported (either via my DirecTV tuner or the TV).

Attachments

• tv.jpg
    tv.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 25
YOMAN said:
Just bought a 32" SOny HDTV and man, i m so disappointed about CC! No sign of CC at all on HD!
It only works on regular TV channels :(

How to solve this issue!!????

Do i need a cable box for it?

I tried DVD player/TV HDTV componets(spell?) cable and the CC is working fine :confused: !

I ll try do some search to find some info about HDTV CC...argh..we are now back to ice-age ;)

Thanks!
YOMAN!

do you have cable box or hdtv tuner box ?

That is because your using Analog signal, not Digital signals. Once FCC unplugs the analog signals, the CC goes blank. If your watching in HDTV mode, you can't see CC. PERIOD.

The solution is exchange HDTV set to EDTV set.

pintnight said:
I have HD RPTV, it's a 52" Sony. Very happy with it. I also have a HD DirecTV. I can get CC on any channel that CC supported (either via my DirecTV tuner or the TV).

it is not bizarre that you can't get HDTV signals. You need to subscribe them. For example your cable company needs to exchange the reciever to 100% digital, OR if your using the dish, you need to change the dish with three LNBs so that the dish can take the HDTV signals. The old dish can't get HDTV signals at all.

gnarlydorkette said:

Here is good news.

Orignally, FCC wants all TV broadcaster to unplug Analog signals by December 2006. Now, that FCC realized that majority of TV set is still analog, even new TV still using Analog. ALOT of customers is gonna to be real pissed off when this happens. If you buy analog TV now, then it will become useless by January 2007. So, FCC just relaxing the requirement and postpone the unplug date to December 2009.

The bad news is, if you just bought analog TV, then it is good until end of 2009 (4 years left). Most TV last between 8 years and 20 years

diehardbiker65 said:
That is because your using Analog signal, not Digital signals. Once FCC unplugs the analog signals, the CC goes blank. If your watching in HDTV mode, you can't see CC. PERIOD.

The solution is exchange HDTV set to EDTV set.
No, I'm getting CC on digital signals. I've used the OTA (Over The Air using a antenna, not using my DirecTV) and I get CC just fine on the HD local stations. I've also got CC on HBO HD stations on my DirecTV.

diehard, no i have repeated this again in other posts about HDTV with CC.... i do have HD channels with CC they work fine... if you have digital mode like DVR or HDTV tuner box then you would get CC on any HD channels. Digital CC was started in 2002.

We live in a small Coastal Community and in order to get that type of t.v. reception we would need to have a DISH. We called them and they came out and it would be much too complicated for our house, we have 2 floors and several of the tv's are on inside walls, etc. etc. There would need to be alot of holes drilled and so on. It isn't worth it. We are not trying to impress anyone. The only time we watch t.v. is at night in bed for about 3 hours. Never in the daytime.

Well, its so strange....it sudden has CC on HDTV.. my wife played with remote and theres CC! hehe!

Thanks!
YOMAN!

Back